Hair Cuts: Who cuts your hair?

backerman

Reaction score
Who cuts your hair? The barber at a hair cutting shop, a friend, a family member, or yourself?

I used to get my hair cut by my mother, then by one of my buddies, but now, I go to the barber shop. They usually cut it very well, and very neat. I think it's better to get it cut by a professional rather than by yourself or someone you know. They always know exactly what they're doing, and hopefully cut it good.

i grew up going to hair stylist.. then in my high school times.. i had a buddy cut my hair.. (shave them) and out grow the others.. which i had a long hair that time :x

now i go to hair stylist or barber once a while when i feel like its ready to get it cut! i like them short.. but now winter's comming.. i'm thinking of outgrow them to a med long hair :D

I go to the cosmetology clinic at the college for my free haircuts.
Hubby goes to a barber shop that specializes in military haircuts.

I usually go to hair stylist when I was growing up until few years ago, my mom started dating a man...his daughter is a cosmetogoly (spelling?) so I get haircuts from her for free hehe

My mom, grandma, grandpa, dad, friend have all at one time cut my hair mostly I went to beauty shop as of right now I shave my own head.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i grew up going to hair stylist.. then in my high school times.. i had a buddy cut my hair.. (shave them) and out grow the others.. which i had a long hair that time :x

now i go to hair stylist or barber once a while when i feel like its ready to get it cut! i like them short.. but now winter's comming.. i'm thinking of outgrow them to a med long hair :D

-Sharping...cutting...BUZZZZZ-

your barber apologizes for cutting your CI cord...

i grew up getting hair cut by my mom... she used to go to beauty school.... ONLY ONE time my friend cut my hair and i screamed..... if mom dont wanna cut my hair then i go to barber.... not a big deal. :)

mld4ds said:
-Sharping...cutting...BUZZZZZ-

your barber apologizes for cutting your CI cord...

Do most Deaf people take off their HA's and CI's for haircuts?? Has anyone left them on and had the barber hit them with the razor?? :dunno:

By the way, I go to Supercuts.... :D

As a child, my mother sometimes cut my hair but my father (before he passed away) usually took me to his cousin, Ted for a hair cut at his barber shop. In the last several years in Tennessee before I moved to Atlanta, I used to go to the hair salon in the Ingle shopping center in Farragut (Knoxville) where my lesbian cousin's lover worked.

Here in ATL, I haven't really found one that I liked. I haven't tried any hair cutter around my age, I guess I prefer older women to do my hair.

i do cutting my children's hair and my hubby's hair.... for FREE... *ahem* espically me.. I have to attend haircut at the store.. *mumbling* only am I paying.. (chuckles)

I mostly go to professional haircut. I used to professional with shaved guys's hair. I don't have shaver thing here, if i have one to do my bf's lolz.

Believe it or not, I used to cut my own hair for years, but I got tired of the same hairstyle (very 80s look) so I started going to hairstylist in 2003 because there's no way I can cut like the way my hairdresser does to my hair.

I get mine and my kids' haircuts at a local unisex barber styling shop. Been going there for years! They always do a great job.

my mom shaves my hair, and I kept telling her to keep the front tip hairline since I really want to have gel on my hair... that is why I wear hats in the public since I don't like when someone rubs my hair. mom just want to keep things simple and I will have to wait until college so that I can do whatever I want to do with my life.

rjr2006 said:
my mom shaves my hair, and I kept telling her to keep the front tip hairline since I really want to have gel on my hair... that is why I wear hats in the public since I don't like when someone rubs my hair. mom just want to keep things simple and I will have to wait until college so that I can do whatever I want to do with my life.
i uddy how ur feeling... i dont blame u for that.. :D

I usually go to barbershop, when I was young like a child, sometimes my mom cut my hair, but took me to barbershop at the Maplewood Mall, and when I was teenager, I didn't cut my hair for like 4 years (occassionally get trim). I've been getting my cut at various of barbershops around my town, but last time I had mine at Capitol Barbers- a barbershop at State Capitol where legislators, Governor, military people, my dad, and gov't people get their hair done.. I will use Capitol Barber only during Legislative sessions, but during interim, I go to local barber shops. Right now I am not gonna have my hair, let it grow for awhile because I figured that men doesn't like women with short hair, so I let it grow because I figured that if longer, it would attract men... I hate being single.... Why men are picky on women's hair???

RAcheleggert,

why don't you try go professional hairstylist store instead of babershop... Someth'n mak'n your hair looks so COOL and style... They cannot rights crtizite your hairdo...

Just your own hair feel looks GOOD and COOL.. :D

Bullym0m said:
RAcheleggert,

why don't you try go professional hairstylist store instead of babershop... Someth'n mak'n your hair looks so COOL and style... They cannot rights crtizite your hairdo...

Just your own hair feel looks GOOD and COOL.. :D

Capitol Barbers do women's hair too since Legislators, some gov't people are women.. It used to be for men but now for both sexes, they do have one male barber and one female barber... My hair was done by the female barber. There are salons too... such as Great Clips, and Fanastic Sam in my town, but not sure about others..

Back