Gym Rats: how do i tone my legs and stomach?

whoa good job shel!! did you also do crunches for your stomach?

i'd like to post a picture of my body on here but i'm not sure if i should.

Ohhhh I did a whole lot of different exercises for my stomach..not just crunches...

That pic was 10 years ago. That little girl standing in front of me is my 14 year old daughter.

If I posted a pic of myself now, all of you would run away screaming...LMAO!

The word "toned" is magazine speak for "girls who lift five pound weights, stay thin and weak, and quit the gym after a month because they aren't making progress".

You wont get big and bulky as a girl. Have you seen female olympians? How many of them look like bulky weightlifting men? Women either need to be genetically all fluked up and making way too much testosterone to get big, or they have to be injecting it to get big. When noobies say "I don't want to get too big", it's like they're saying "I want to run, but I don't want to accidentally turn into an ultramarathoner". Good thing it isn't going to happen, right?

Real exercises you can do without lifting freeweights (or cable weight machines, which are code for bad) are:
-Squats
-Lunges
-Planks
-Push ups (on your knees if you have to)
-Pull ups (assisted with a chair or kipping if you have to)
-Hanging leg raises
-Hanging knee raises
-Dips
-Leg lifts
-Calf raises
-Burpees

Five sets of 1-10 each for each exercise (depending on your ability), 3-4x a week (maybe do cardio on your off days, and take at least a day of rest), eat lots of protein, and you'll get results.

Back