Gym Rats: how do i tone my legs and stomach?

No job, two kids to feed. I kinda starved for a while.

I worked out at the gym for about six years. I am not as gung ho about going to gyms anymore. I like to be left alone when I work out and don't appreciate being hit on by men constantly when I'm in the gym.

oh yessss i am tired of being hit on by men. I tend to ignore them and unfriendly to them depending on my mood. One guy came to me and tried to talk to me. I took an easy way to tell him that i am sorry that i am deaf therefore i don't speak or read and then said, "ciao" in signing. The following week, he learned ASL and came to me and sign to me. LOL Of course he stopped because he knew that i wasnt interested in him and i am married.

oh yessss i am tired of being hit on by men. I tend to ignore them and unfriendly to them depending on my mood. One guy came to me and tried to talk to me. I took an easy way to tell him that i am sorry that i am deaf therefore i don't speak or read and then said, "ciao" in signing. The following week, he learned ASL and came to me and sign to me. LOL Of course he stopped because he knew that i wasnt interested in him and i am married.

Some of the guys hitting on me WERE married! Ugh.

She just said in her post that she is thin. That>>
>>>You cannot have a trim fit body if you are over weight. You can exercise the muscles, but they will just harden under the fat. Also, where your body stores fat is a factor. <<< was irrelevant.

I'm not saying she is not thin, but obviously she's gaining fat in areas which she does not want. Otherwise, she wouldn't be asking the question. You can be thin and have fat pockets like a non-chiseled jaw.

Again, you need to use exercise and diet for it. Not everyone's body works the same way. And, thin does not mean hot, it just means thin.

Well....men do still hit on my gf even tho we are together. It's not thin women anymore. It seems that men like women who has a good personality or something.

She just said in her post that she is thin. That>>
>>>You cannot have a trim fit body if you are over weight. You can exercise the muscles, but they will just harden under the fat. Also, where your body stores fat is a factor. <<< was irrelevant.

I'm not saying she is not thin, but obviously she's gaining fat in areas which she does not want. Otherwise, she wouldn't be asking the question. You can be thin and have fat pockets like a non-chiseled jaw.

Again, you need to use exercise and diet for it. Not everyone's body works the same way. And, thin does not mean hot, it just means thin.

I was going to say I like your suggestion about the book Body for Life, I have a copy of it. I recommend it to anyone who wants to start working out but is not sure how to get started or what to do. It's a very effective program.

No, you cannot exercise your stomach. You mean abs? Yeah, do the push-up, not the regular one, just different way to workout.

And walk 5 miles a day, don't jog. Do it at heat day, it help lose weight quick. Bring plenty water bottle with free-BPA. I would suggest stainless metal bottle than rather plastic bottle.

I was going to say I like your suggestion about the book Body for Life, I have a copy of it. I recommend it to anyone who wants to start working out but is not sure how to get started or what to do. It's a very effective program.

It's a good book and the program is great. His other books are junk, but that program and cook book is very good. It's all inclusive so you don't give up any foods. You just cut out processed foods and keep only good fats in your diet.

Forget about your weight and go with how you look and feel. Your mirror is your best judge. It's more important you be happy with how you feel in clothes than how much you weigh. I've seen women who look perfectly healthy obsess over losing 3 lbs, completely oblivious to the fact they looked fabulous and didn't need to be a specific number on a scale.

i'm thin (at healthy weight) but i would like to get legs and stomach like this

what type of work out do i need to do to achieve that? i don't want to end up muscular or anything- just toned but feminine and soft at the same time

thanks

What? If that's you, then what are you complaining about??? I would pay money to look that toned! Damn!

I need to find that pic of myself when I was soooo toned and muscular...even after having a baby. I will scan it here as soon as I find it. It was 10 years ago. dammet!

lmao shel90, no that woman isn't me!! i wish it was though :P

it's just a picture i found on google to show you how i want my legs to look.

This is me back in 2001 or 2002.

That was the time when I was a serious weightlifter and kickboxer. I dont know why I havent been able to get back into it. I was a single mom who was going to grad school at the time. Maybe marriage is making me lazy...who knows?

Attachments

• Muscular Shelly.jpg
    Muscular Shelly.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 12
That was the time when I was a serious weightlifter and kickboxer. I dont know why I havent been able to get back into it. I was a single mom who was going to grad school at the time. Maybe marriage is making me lazy...who knows?

hey you look awesome in this pic!! i'm sure you still look great :)

sometimes it's hard to find time to do these things if you have so much going on in your life.. you know?

hey you look awesome in this pic!! i'm sure you still look great :)

sometimes it's hard to find time to do these things if you have so much going on in your life.. you know?

My stomach is not like it was before but thanks!

However, see my legs?...many hours of squats, lunges and kickboxing. 5 years before that, I was "obese" . Kickboxing or step kickboxing really tones up the legs and stomach. Big time.

My stomach is not like it was before but thanks!

However, see my legs?...many hours of squats, lunges and kickboxing. 5 years before that, I was "obese" . Kickboxing or step kickboxing really tones up the legs and stomach. Big time.

whoa good job shel!! did you also do crunches for your stomach?

i'd like to post a picture of my body on here but i'm not sure if i should.

Back