Guinness World Record: Longest Marriage

This post was not about you.:roll:

Congratulations to this couple. That is quite an accomplishment, and shouldn't be minimized by someone trying to get in on their attention.

Wow Jillio, was your comment really called for?

Congratts to to the Fishers, may they have many more years of happiness :)

My parents have been married for 45 years-I hope they break the Fishers' record

If the woman can live to be 116 and the man can live to be 120, both would celebrate their 100-year anniversary in 2024.

Wish them luck on that!

All it takes, if you have kids, would be for you to get into a divorce then the chances for your kids to get a divorce someday as well (I read it somewhere) or may become increasingly predisposed to have bad relationships, jmho.

Not in my case. My parents were together for 33 years until my father's passing away and all of my siblings and I were now divorced. The oldest two tried marriage twice.

Ha, Bott. Well. It's the thought that counts. With my luck and genes, I'll probably hit 100.

I wondered what they looked like. Here they are.
World’s Longest Married Couple To Give Romance Advice On Twitter | News One

Any married people here found the story inspirational? Something to think about the years ahead of you with your spouse? Aging gracefully and not alone?

That's how i see it, they are an inspiration. In fact anyone who managed to stay married without any form of abuse is an inspiration.

Also, anyone who is strong enough to walk out of abusive marriage and get an divorce is also a inspiration, like my grandma. And most of her kids tend to stay married. Like my parents. Most of her kids have good healthy marriage. My grandma didn't remarry until after her ex-husband died, though. She didn't want to deal with men problems while raising her kids.

There were so many marriages and divorces in my family...so when I got married, I vowed to stay married....unfortunately it didn't work out that way, (an abusive marriage). One sister has managed to stay married almost 30 years (her 2nd)....but she has endured infidelity thruout, but hung in there.

I will never marry again, divorce is too painful!

There were so many marriages and divorces in my family...so when I got married, I vowed to stay married....unfortunately it didn't work out that way, (an abusive marriage). One sister has managed to stay married almost 30 years (her 2nd)....but she has endured infidelity thruout, but hung in there.

I will never marry again, divorce is too painful!

:hug:

my late great-grandparents bean been kept still married for over 60 years but both now passed away my great-grandfather in 1995 they 4 years later my great-grandma passed away before x-mas..

This is such a wonderful and inspirational story! I love it! This is not only good for those who are already married but those who are in relationships that believe they're ready to 'take the next step' and really dig deep into themselves to see if they would be able to do these things for the person they think they're ready to marry.

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Fisher!

Back