Greek 101

Originally posted by LUNZ
Mafia is just word. just chilling..... you better laid with your wife then you will feel better. lol.
LOL of course it is just that words !!! can't we have fun the feedback each other so ur being so silly !!! Lunz !

Agreed w/ you but you said "back off" i guess game is over.

For those who have experienced participating these kind of groups, what is/was it like? Did you like it? What did you do? Anything bad like throwing toilet papers all over the college president's front yard with trees? Gimmie some details here! :naughty: I'm all "eyes."

out of curious .... is it worth to be part of fraternity or not ??? pls give it out the details from pro and con...

Originally posted by ChelEler
WHAT?! You don't know what it is? 258~ Maybe you should watch that movie called .... shit I can't remember that movie's name... but it's HILARIOUS and it's almost like fraternity thingie. "The Roadhouse" maybe, or something like that. :dunno:

you must be talkinb aout "Animal House" in eighties. right?

People's choices for joining or not - should be respected.

Everyone have their rights to do so when it comes to choices.

Originally posted by TygersaidStfu
you must be talkinb aout "Animal House" in eighties. right?

B I N G O ! ! ! Yes, that's it! :D Thanks for helping me out... whatcha think of that movie?

B I N G O ! ! ! Yes, that's it! :D Thanks for helping me out... whatcha think of that movie?

oh it is hilarious I wish I can watch it again.. wait a mintue :) my friend have one. so I will borrow the movie again.. ha

WHAT?! You don't know what it is? 258~ Maybe you should watch that movie called .... shit I can't remember that movie's name... but it's HILARIOUS and it's almost like fraternity thingie. "The Roadhouse" maybe, or something like that. :dunno:
Are you referring to Animal House?

What's wrong with Greek life.. I am very much part of it here at RIT. I love it.. it's special.

I have never heard of sororities or fraternities until I entered RIT and that is when I learned all about Greek Life... As being a first year student at RIT, I had no interest in joining a sorority since it didn't appeal to me as I was managing to survive the freshman year. Until my spring quarter of my first year, I decided to go to both deaf sororities rush weeks and decided that I needed to join a group to help me become more involved with the community. I felt that a sorority would be the best way for me to get involved with the community and meet more diverse people that come together to accomplish a goal.

I could have joined NSC (NTID Student Congress) or other organizations to achieve and improve NTID community, however I knew that each year there would be a different group with different philospohy to approach the year. I wanted to be in a group that cherish the same values and beliefs that we will always teach every new member. That is when I decided to join Alpha Sigma Theta and it was one of the best best experience of my college life. I met so many cherished sisters who will be there for me through ups and downs while focusing on displaying our sorority throughout the NTID community.

I defintely disagree with the idea that fraternities and sororites are to just "buy your brothers or sisters" Our member dues $$ are spent on the entire group not just individually. We also use our member fees to donate to a lot of charities and organziations. For instance, AST sponsored a women deaf basketball player to go to a basketball camp, we gave money to ST.Jude for children who had cancer, and the list goes on. I do understand that sororities and fraternities are not for everyone. However, that doesn't mean you are entitled to bash negatively about the greek organizations.

Well, well.. I supposed to join Tri-Sigma soronity, but I was not accepted due to my Graduate student status at RIT. Oh, well. I know a several of older Tri-Sigma girls from late 1980s-mid-1990s. I was enrolled into RIT in 1999. I should have become SVP 90 instead of 1999 (graduate student), so I might be one Sigma girl. Shrugs. Now, I am currently GDI.

I loved Animal House movie..it was the best fraternity style movie. John Belushi was the champ (ofc, sadly his death was resulted in drug OD).

Back