Granny's taking computer classes ;)

:lol: 40lbs! You should position it so you can use it for cover!
Funny you should say that.

We got the computers from Force Protection, a company that makes armored, IED-resistant military vehicles.

I am typing this post on the computer that I rehabed today, and is now in my home. :)

It is a Dell Precision 690, including monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speaker bar. I cleaned the hard drive with DBAN and loaded it with Ubuntu. Had to clear space in my home office for the 40-lb CPU and rest. The cpu tower barely fit under my desk. :lol:

I am typing this post on the computer that I rehabed today, and is now in my home. :)

It is a Dell Precision 690, including monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speaker bar. I cleaned the hard drive with DBAN and loaded it with Ubuntu. Had to clear space in my home office for the 40-lb CPU and rest. The cpu tower barely fit under my desk. :lol:

All Dell Precision towers always heavy...LOL That machine is a beast... but it's a nice machine though...

I got my grades for this semester. Two more A's!

Next semester begins next week. I won't know what I'm taking until the first day of class. The suspense begins (again). :lol:

I'm just taking one class for the second half of Fall. I need a little more free time for Thanksgiving and Christmas activities.

Next school year, starting with the Fall 2014 semester, my school is going to 7-week semester schedules for everyone. Everyone will be taking fast-paced classes.

Congratulations!

I was thinking about how in your series of career choices, you don't choose easy subjects. (Thinking it in a good for you kind of way)

Interesting to find out what you'll be taking when you arrive:0

Next year sounds like it will be intense!

Congratulations!

I was thinking about how in your series of career choices, you don't choose easy subjects. (Thinking it in a good for you kind of way)

Interesting to find out what you'll be taking when you arrive:0

Next year sounds like it will be intense!
I have 9 more courses to take. One is macroeconomics; the rest are all computer subjects. I'm going to take one more course this Fall. That leaves 8 for next year. The hardest 8 are left to do. :lol:

I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing, although I'm tending towards tutoring or help desk. I prefer to work with small groups or one-on-one. I know that I don't want programming, or any job where it's just me and a server system in an enclosed room all day.

Well, I registered today for one class, Computer Resource Management. It starts today and continues thru Dec. 8. The text book is $147 (ugh!). There are 10 chapter labs and quizzes, five section exams, and one final exam. Not sure about projects yet.

Textbook prices are so insane. I know it but it's shocking every time I see the numbers.
What makes it worse is that I can't sell back many of them, and there are never any used ones available. Back in the day when I got my BS in political science, almost all those books were available used. Of course, now, all the textbooks include DVD's and/or codes for on-line labs that boost up the price, too.

What makes it worse is that I can't sell back many of them, and there are never any used ones available. Back in the day when I got my BS in political science, almost all those books were available used. Of course, now, all the textbooks include DVD's and/or codes for on-line labs that boost up the price, too.

Oh yes, textbook prices are ridiculously expensive.

Spanish textbook was $227 with code access. :mad:

Oh yes, textbook prices are ridiculously expensive.

Spanish textbook was $227 with code access. :mad:
Wow! I'm surprised that a non-tech book would be so expensive. Does it cover more than one semester or level?

Wow! I'm surprised that a non-tech book would be so expensive. Does it cover more than one semester or level?

Yes, it cover Spanish 102 and Spanish 201 as well - three semesters (Spanish 101 + Spanish 102 + Spanish 201).

Whew! Just finished my final exam. It was comprehensive, two hours, on-line. Got a 97!

I can breathe again. :lol:

I will take English 101 and Macroeconomics 211 in next semester.

I fulfilled my English requirement eons ago. I still have to take macroeconomics, sometime next year. It just depends when it's available for me. It's my only non-major course requirement that's left for me.

I have 8 courses left to take. It's getting harder to schedule them. Seven are required and only one is an elective, so I don't have much flexibility.

Got my final grade for the course today: A.

Back