Granny's taking computer classes ;)

My next hurdle is to register for the next four classes for fall. I'm not allowed to register until the first day of class. That means, some of the classes that I want may be closed to me. I'm sure that I can find something but it means hectic racing around to get registered and buy books all in one day. I'm the kind of person who likes to plan ahead so waiting until the first day of class drives me nuts. :dizzy:

Oh really? Is it college policy?

I'm allowed to register the class, about 3-4 months before first day of class.

Oh really? Is it college policy?

I'm allowed to register the class, about 3-4 months before first day of class.
It's the rule for senior citizen students who want to attend tuition-free. We're only allowed to take classes that have space available. Everyone else can register early.

p.s.

I have to wait until that first day BUT I plan to be online registering at one minute after midnight on that day! :lol:

Got a letter from the college today. At first I was worried something was wrong. Whew! It was a letter notifying me that I made the part-time Dean's List. If I maintain my average next semester, I will be eligible to join Phi Theta Kappa.

I'm so relieved that it wasn't bad news. :lol:

i am please for you good news good start to a day
Thank you.

Yes, it is. It was a hard day for me today, so that was some good news. :)

My Hubby is out of town for about 10 days, and of course everything is going wrong at home. It was refreshing to get good news. :giggle:

Got a letter from the college today. At first I was worried something was wrong. Whew! It was a letter notifying me that I made the part-time Dean's List. If I maintain my average next semester, I will be eligible to join Phi Theta Kappa.

I'm so relieved that it wasn't bad news. :lol:

You had no reason to be fretful! I am pretty sure you can maintain your GPA next semester, given the fact you are an overachiever like me. :)

You had no reason to be fretful! I am pretty sure you can maintain your GPA next semester, given the fact you are an overachiever like me. :)
I wasn't worried about the grades. I worry about classes being available for registration, and the expenses. In the back of my head I was thinking, uh, oh, do they want some money? :lol:

I'm also proud of Hubby (TCS). He got an A in his course, too. It was his first time back to college in an even longer time than for me. I give him a :thumb:

Thank you.

Yes, it is. It was a hard day for me today, so that was some good news. :)

My Hubby is out of town for about 10 days, and of course everything is going wrong at home. It was refreshing to get good news. :giggle:[/QUOTE

things always go wrong when the person to help not around..called sods law.you be ok

I finally got registered and started my new classes yesterday. I'm taking three Fast Forward classes from 8/20 to 10/10. Then I'll probably take one more during the next session that starts 10/11.

The three that I'm taking now are all from MS Office 2010:

1. Excel
2. Access
3. Word

Fast Forward classes are very fast paced, so I hope that I can keep up.

I finally got registered and started my new classes yesterday. I'm taking three Fast Forward classes from 8/20 to 10/10. Then I'll probably take one more during the next session that starts 10/11.

1. Excel
2. Access
3. Word

I am just a self-taught user. But, I come from the WordStar days then tried both WordPerfect and Word and much prefer WordPerfect. It just seemed to come naturally while Word does not at all.

1. Excel
2. Access
3. Word

I love short term classes because I work well with fast paced courses.

My college classes will start next week and I'll be taking 4 programming courses as well as one fast paced course related to databases. I am so looking forward to the Fall semester!

I am just a self-taught user. But, I come from the WordStar days then tried both WordPerfect and Word and much prefer WordPerfect. It just seemed to come naturally while Word does not at all.
I can use all the MS Office products, and I've used WordPerfect and Works but these are courses required for the degree. We're supposed to become "power" users of all these products.

My university started last week, it is earlier for sure.

I took 5 courses, PE - Dancing/Latin/Ballroom, Microeconomic, Graphic/Layout, Business Foundation and Essentials of Financial Literature.

My worst class ever is Microeconomic because professor is speaking very too fast that caused my interpreter to missed many piece so she tried to summarize as possible, however my interpreter is great in other class. I asked professor to slow it down to normal pace but he refused. That's extremely difficult for me with LD and wait for advisor/dean to put me in other class with different professor.

Whew! Finished my midterm exams. The first two took about three hours each. The third one was a doozey. It had parts 1, 2, and 3. The third part was broken down in 3A, 3B, and 3C parts. It took about nine hours to do (I divided it into two days). Now, I have just one more chapter assignment to do before Monday (they usually take about four hours). I'll probably do that Saturday night, after we get back from the Scottish Games.

My university started last week, it is earlier for sure.

I took 5 courses, PE - Dancing/Latin/Ballroom, Microeconomic, Graphic/Layout, Business Foundation and Essentials of Financial Literature.

My worst class ever is Microeconomic because professor is speaking very too fast that caused my interpreter to missed many piece so she tried to summarize as possible, however my interpreter is great in other class. I asked professor to slow it down to normal pace but he refused. That's extremely difficult for me with LD and wait for advisor/dean to put me in other class with different professor.
Bummer.

Got my midterm grades. Two 100's, and one 96. I should be exempt from taking the finals if I keep up A's on the remaining assignments. That would be a relief.

Got my midterm grades. Two 100's, and one 96. I should be exempt from taking the finals if I keep up A's on the remaining assignments. That would be a relief.

That's great...

My midterm grade will not released until mid October.

You are super genius, I'll hire you.... <grin>

Back