Got a question for children w dogs

Best Breed for Children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

downing

Reaction score
I am doing some research. I need dog friendly and bit protector. I have been looking up into breeds, I only came up with Labrador Retriever, Boxer, Golden Retriever, and German Shepard. Which breed you would choose for your children?

Hi downing :wave:

I would trust Golden Retriever, Because one thing I grew up with Golden Retriever dogs and they are very friendly and playful. I would some days get a dog like that again in the mend future. :mrgreen:

Yes I agree with Cheri.

I know someone who grew up with a Golden Retriever and the dog always protects her and they are very close

Labrador Retriever and Golden Retriever are the best when it comes to having children....and they do get along with other animals such as cats too....They're very good , friendly toward other children too....

I would get a Golden Retriever first, if there's no choc Labrador..

my very frist dog was boxer when I was born. 2nd was a black labrador.

I recently lost 8 months old black labrador due to life saving surgery where I had to sign over my rights to save her life which I did was selfless thing to do which happened two months ago. It was so heartwrenching thing to do after someone did intend to harm our dog.

My DH and I was considering a family dog, preferable short hair, only breed leaves us a labrador or a boxer.

hmmm. decisions decisions...sigh :dizzy:

I always had poodles. We had a miniture poodle (about 20 lbs) when I was small, and now we have large Standard poodles. They are very loving and protective of their families. They are also very very intelligent. Even better, they don't shed.

The golden retriever seems to be the best dog yet. The other 3 are just too big and rough. I have friends who have all of them. The ones with golden retrievers had them for almost their whole childhood and felt very comfortable with them. The ones with labs had to deal with them being wild all the time. I was attacked by a german shepard. They seem to be best guard dogs for adults only... and I was just a kid. The same thing goes for the boxer. A friend of mine had a boxer when he was older, not a kid.

Yes, I´m agree that Labrador Retriever and Golden Retriever are family dogs.

downing said:
I am doing some research. I need dog friendly and bit protector. I have been looking up into breeds, I only came up with Labrador Retriever, Boxer, Golden Retriever, and German Shepard. Which breed you would choose for your children?

I been grow up with Golden Retriever. I would choose Golden Retriever for my children.. They are very patient with children to play with them, they would protect children, and such like that.. I missed my dog, Sara- Golden Retriever. I had her since I was born, she died when I was 15 yrs old.. 15 years for her to living :( I miss her bunches... I hope you find one of them and happy with one of them *grins* just wanted to help thats all

i think i would go for golden retriever... i never heard any stories of being attacked by golden retriever unexpectable... i also would go for german shepard but they are known for vicious protector they will protect you and your family but they are not good for your children's friends... if child's friend push child down and causing the child to cry... the dog might go and attack child's friend.

golden retriever also is known for very smart... they can act like hearing dog even without professional training because they will understand u will not be able to hear. and all they desire is to help u and to be your best friend.

I voted Golden Retriever cuz the dog is very friendly, protection, and loveable! It is so cute dog. I consider to get a Dog for kids but not now. cuz our apt is not allowed! :( anyway, later when we have money permit to get dog in one day! :)
Boxer are very good dog for protection family but too big for small children like play rough. Boxer is very playful and sometime aggresive with strangers.
I like boxer but think twice for my small children. Lab and Retriever are very good Family dog.
Good luck with your Decison! :)
Mommyof3

i'm not voting any of these above... i suggust a dalmantion..or a Great dane ;) if u can handle a huge dog.

er..... i'm not sure if they're kid friendly.. but i feel dalmantion is kid friendly :D

Back