Gossip

For good happy gossip I don't mind hearing it. For bad gossip, it just goes in one ear and out the other cos I have no interest in it. Sometimes, gossip started out good and then along the line, it gets switch to bad. It is both hearing and the deaf do gossip, no different.

I was a subject in a bad untrueful gossip long time ago in the deaf world. Then I stay away from the deaf world for more than 10 years. When I came back, they realize the gossip is not true and some becomes my friend again. But I still keep things to myself to the limit and don't say too much to avoid any silly gossip.

That's life. Deal with it.

I know some people gossip about me, but I do not cry about it. It's THEIR problem, not mine.

I just don't care if someone is a bitch or that person is a hoe or anything like that. If you have a bad feeling about someone, I am going to ask the other person why you have that feeling, cause there are always 2 sides to every story, and if you don't want me to tell someone something, then either tell me 1st or don't tell me at all. If you do tell me not to tell the other person, then I probly don't want to hear it.

That's life. Deal with it.

I know some people gossip about me, but I do not cry about it. It's THEIR problem, not mine.

Same here with me.. Some people talk about me. I ask them do you have a problem with me ?They say no, then I told them shut the hell up!

Hey, I thought this would be good too. Gossip helps u find who your friends are, hint, the name of the song:

Artist/Band: Lawrence Tracy
Lyrics for Song: Find Out Who Your Friends Are
Lyrics for Album: New Songs

Run your car off the side of the road
Get stuck in a ditch way out in the middle of nowhere
Or get yourself in a bind,
Lose the shirt off your back,
Need a floor, need a couch, need a bus fare…

This is where the rubber meets the road
This is where the cream is gonna rise
This is where this is what you really didn’t know
This is where the truth don’t lie

Find out who your friends are
Somebody’s gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas, get there fast
Never stop to think “what’s in it for me?”
Or “it’s way too far”
They just show on up
With their big ol’ heart
Yeah find out who your friends are.

Everybody wants to slap your back
Wants to shake your hand
When you’re up on top of that mountain
Then one of those rocks will get wet
And you slide back down
Look up and see who’s around then

This is where the road comes to an end
This is where the band wagon stops
This is just one of those times when
A lotta folks jump off.

Yeah find out who your friends are
Or “it’s way too far”
They just show on up
With their big ol’ heart

When the water’s high
When the weather’s not so fair
When the well runs dry
Who’s gonna be there?

Yeah find out who your friends are
Or “it’s way too far”
They just show on up
With their big ol’ heart

Run your car off the side of the road
Get stuck in a ditch way out in the middle of nowhere
Man I been there
Or get yourself in a bind
Lose the shirt off your back
Need a floor, need a couch
Need a bus fare…
Man I been there
Man I been there…

I had heard some kinds of gossips in deaf world and hearing world.. I dont let it bothering me at all... just go on with my life and make best of life.,,,

My Deaf friends 'warned' me, i guess you could say, about that. I have a Deaf friend who is around hearing a lot and he said it is worse with Deaf. Like another person said the community is small. Just like how it can be a problem in churches sometimes. Sometimes i admit i like to hear a good bit of gossip but it is usually something funny rather than bad. When it is bad i listen and then trash it. Also i let my friends show me who they are rather than what others say about them. I am still new with my Deaf friends and have only a limited knowledge of ASL. i wouldn't know the people they would want to talk about anyway and would probably get lost or confused on what is being said! LOL gossip hasn't come to me in the Deaf community but i have a small circle of friends in the community and there is no reason for them to gossip about each other. =)

My deaf friends talk about Gossip among Deaf group, 15 years ago.

Nothing has change.

And if some people believe Gossip and don't wanna be my friend...
it is their loss, I don't want them anyway.

People who ignore Gossip... are BETTER friends.

IMO, I think everyone talks about everyone and that's life...I know some are gossiping about me too, but I don't give a hoot and aren't going to get all fussy over it either....

Hearing gossips as much or maybe more than deaf folks? Why? Here are the reasons.

1. Entertainment related news (movie actor's private lives, actor gossip, etc)
2. Lot of news, news, news, news on TV, newspaper, magazines, etc.
3. Whatever else we never know about. :P

I don't care if anyone tell other about me. I will come to this person and ask what is your problem? and can we work thing out? I will give them two choice that we can be friend or not friend instead being two face or hurt.

I don't care if anyone tell other about me. I will come to this person and ask what is your problem? and can we work thing out? I will give them two choice that we can be friend or not friend instead being two face or hurt.

yup, i can imagine if i can decide that we will be friend or no more, but if they are gossiping about me and the same again again again. i cant stay be friend with them. enough, i have many friends. Fine with me!

Gossip is something serious.. it can ruin the repuations or something of others, or those gossipers tend talk about others while they have thier own shits .. not wanna to tell truth but love to talk about others... i been around gossips all my life bec in a deaf family that is well known in Ky and always hear bad things aboit me, my ex, my family... I do try ingore them but sometimes its so hard if its personal thing.. or wrong information...

Some of yall are rite, Hearing ppl do gossips too if espcially from a small town.. also big town too ya can see gossips in newspaper daily!

I meet to girl person didn't understand what is happen reading, I heard she name is Amy hide to give other students in class. I am scared that is not nice gossip to people hearing hate to me. I understand that is attitude. I know heard girl yesterday. I know not understand she hate me. people laugh and laugh fun your engish word for sentence. I don't believe not like girl bad. Girl insult to me my feeling grieve..

U know what I was just thinking...it is amazing how gossip about one person can travel worldwide. Like when my husband and I first started dating after he broke up with his ex fiancee who was deaf and well known around in the deaf community. Boy, the gossip about my "stealing" him from her spread everywhere. I had people from Canada, Brazil, and all over the states emailing me asking me if that was true. It feels like I was put on the media spotlight or something..LOL!

Still, I did get frustrated cuz the gossip started out that I was dating him to a completely different story of how I stole him from her. It is interesting how the more the story changes when it gets spread around more?

Back