Good deaf dating sites?

Hi Mewtilation, you should cast your net a little further maybe. There are a surprising number of women up here looking for sunshine in way the wrong place. The call of the wild morphs into bring on the warm... you sound like an Alaska girl except for the heat requirement.

Lol, this is an amusing thread.

I've taken the foray into the world of dating sites for the first time...after deciding that I was ready to take the risk and go on some dates. It's rather daunting, especially when the majority of people on those sites are hearing :S

I've had a peek at those deaf dating sites, and they don't have the same awesomeness as OkCupid does.

But nevertheless, there's more out there rather than relying on dating sites to find that special someone. You just have to put yourself out there - go to more events, travel more, and embrace the world around you, I suppose.

I never heard on websites of meetup.com it's dating?

Meetup is a site where people make groups according to interests. People can join groups that they are interested in based on their interests so it's not all dating. There is a group for people who like Bowling, groups for people over 50, groups for people with dogs, etc....

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: YOU FEEL MY PAIN!!!!

They always put "Average" and you meet them and you're like " YOU ARE NOT AVERAGE WTF!?" In WHAT UNIVERSE are you AVERAGE?! Good lord... :shock: Those angle pics are the WORST! You know they sit there and take like 500 photos before the one that comes out and doesn't show their real size... It's fine if you're bigger, no worries... just be honest about it!!!!! If I'm a person that isn't attracted to bigger people, I'm not going to suddenly be swept away by you and your lying photos! :roll:

meme_fatgirl_pof_body_type_average.jpg

So very true. I know what I like and what I don't like, and shouldn't be made to feel guilty about that! I had a visitor on OKC and the photo was just of their torso - not their face. A very large torso, I might add.

I am in the normal weight range for my height as per the mostly accurate BMI chart... I wear slim-fit dress shirts to work sometimes... I am pretty sure that makes me average.

I've been told there are poly and swinger groups on meetup.com...

im totally understand about meetup that in europeans? over 50's not under 50's

I though if I possibly met someone who was also hard of hearing, perhaps it'd be nicer to be with someone who understood and knew from their experience of what it's also like being hard of hearing/deaf.

meme_fatgirl_pof_body_type_average.jpg

So very true. I know what I like and what I don't like, and shouldn't be made to feel guilty about that! I had a visitor on OKC and the photo was just of their torso - not their face. A very large torso, I might add.

I am in the normal weight range for my height as per the mostly accurate BMI chart... I wear slim-fit dress shirts to work sometimes... I am pretty sure that makes me average.

I've been told there are poly and swinger groups on meetup.com...

Exactly. Everyone makes you feel bad about your likes and dislikes. I personally do not like heavy set women, that's just something I don't like. :dunno2: You can't be with someone you're not attracted to, plain and simple. There are always those people out there who call you shallow and crap, but the truth is they have standards too, everyone does! I wouldn't say I'm slim by any means because I do have curves... :P I'm not large by any means, but I'm definitely not Barbie style up in here... :laugh2: Not to mention, people who start out lying to me even with a photo already have themselves on a do not date list. Even a small lie in the beginning opens up a ton of potential for it later in my book.

The worst one ever? :laugh2: When I first explored a dating site I found a VERY attractive women I decided to meet. ( This was when I was about 18 or 19? ) Anyway, I went to pick her up and this very large woman approached my car. She leaned in the window and asked my name. I about died right there. I drove a Mustang at the time. To not be rude, I said yes that was me. ( Should have said no, who the heck are you!? ) :laugh2: But I was being honest and polite. She could barely get in and get the door closed!!! :cry: We got dinner and then as we were leaving she asked to stop at Wendy's. O...M...G.... She spent $20 there after we just ate!!! Then, we were passing a naughty shop and she made me pull in... NOOOOOOO!!! We went in and she started asking if I'd like to see her model various things. I just walked out front and started panicking trying to figure out how to get out of this! She came out and we got back in the car and I THANK GOD got a call from my mom saying she was ill and needed some prescriptions picked up. THANK YOU MOM!!!! I dropped her off and that was it. She tried to write me, in those writings I asked WTF was up with the pictures, she said that was her sister. How.... messed....up.... is that!? I dropped off the dating site and haven't been back since!!! :laugh2: I'll stick to meeting people in person... much better. If I ever go back, I'm making them do that nerdy thing where they write your name on their hand and take a picture! :laugh2: Bad times.... bad times.... :(

Exactly. Everyone makes you feel bad about your likes and dislikes. I personally do not like heavy set women, that's just something I don't like. :dunno2: You can't be with someone you're not attracted to, plain and simple. There are always those people out there who call you shallow and crap, but the truth is they have standards too, everyone does! I wouldn't say I'm slim by any means because I do have curves... :P I'm not large by any means, but I'm definitely not Barbie style up in here... :laugh2: Not to mention, people who start out lying to me even with a photo already have themselves on a do not date list. Even a small lie in the beginning opens up a ton of potential for it later in my book.

Yup. I told someone what my preferences were (small frame overall) and even showed a link to this site saying the girl at the top is my ideal... and got accused of 'oh, guys like you make us girls starve ourselves' and 'she won't look like forever' and was basically made to feel so guilty! Should I really compromise on what I like just so other people won't feel bad or uncomfortable?

I've never had that sort of date, but I did hear of a guy who had a similar experience, the girl stank of cigarettes and BO.

I dunno, I think people can be very different. You know sometimes you see someone else's home and wonder 'how do you live like this?' Other times you aren't bothered at all. Same with romance, I guess. Stuff just feels right and you fit well together with them.

HAHA i could share some tales here, but alas the nights too young.......

Don't hold it in for our sake. We can take the heat. Tell us your favorite worst experience.

Indeed. I rather hear about it over what we would do on a cold day. Enlighten us...

Back