Giving Strangers a ride?

Damn Heath! :Ohno: You're so lucky that you made it out alive! :)

diehardbiker said:
WHOA!!!! Considered yourself lucky! You could get killed if you got heart for this scumbag!

I know, I kinda felt bad on the way home, wondering if I was a bitch for not having a heart to just give him a lift, but the same time anything could happened, why risk my life for that? Then I thought have I made the right decision? After some great responds from members here, I feel better now knowing that I made the right decision. Thanks all for that. :grouphug:

No way!! It does not make you a bad person. You just never know about people now-a-days. He can seem to be the nicest, kindest, guy to you. Until you let him in & later down the road he can turn on you instantly. Then never know what could happen after that. He might of beat, raped, &/or killed you. So you did the right thing. Just keep on going when on the road.

:eek3: :eek3: So glad you didn't get hurt.. you did the right thing! I would have gotten scared too if he just jumped in the car.. whew... I would never give a ride to strangers nor ride with a stranger.... I know it hurts alittle to know you can't give a ride but like you said.. he/she could be a mass murderer , rapist, etc.. the world is crazy now...

Yes, I know... It was happened here in Germany as well at few years ago. I remember from read the newspaper... A lady stopped at motorway (autobahn/freeway) park for a break and check something wrong with her car engine... 2 young guys came to her and ask her what´s the problem... She told them something wrong with sounds. She let them check her car.. .Few minutes later after that they grabbed her and then raped her... Each raped her and put band on her eyes and leave her lying... and drove off... The drivers came to park for break and saw her lying and call police....... TV about how to protect from criminals spread out and warn how to protect ourselves if any happened in autobahn park... car trouble???? simple go to autobahn emergency phone - it´s only half km away from autopark... Each autopark have emergency phone which is great.

Cheri, I´m glad that you are okay... *phew*

Poor this lady, hope she is allright. So sick of them to do her and hope they got caught and stay in jail for long time. Here, we live in desert and u can not see any phone for miles. We need to carry our own cell phones for our own protections. On freeway, they have phone booth on side of freeway but do not know if they will help people like us, deaf people? My friend tried to use it but no use to them cuz they were not working properly. Lucky for my friend, he has sidekick to call in.

Cheri, these days you can't give a hitchhiker a ride. Those days are long gone and people had better moral values in the old days.

When I was in Texas, I needed a hitchhike ride then I stuck out my thumb then I got a ride. It ended up the guy wanted to rob and kill me for my money and my possessions. He tried to put a gun to my head and I fought him and rolled out of the truck door. He was a meth freak and was looking for some way to get some more meth. He crashed his truck into a tree and I flagged down somebody who called 911 after he realized I am Deaf and I got paper and pen from my bag and wrote to tell him what happened and to get the Texas State Troopers over here. The Texas State Troopers saw him and they knew him as soon as they saw him and the cops pulled out their guns and they did not bother to check to see if he was okay or not stumped in his truck seat windsheid broken right through. I asked the cop next to me what was going on The cop told me " He is a hardcore felon, he likes meth. He is a very dangerous man. " The guy was just starting to wake up from being in a very bad crash and then as soon as he saw the swarm of cops, he freaked out and started to fight with the cops. This meth freak liked to lift weights and he was in excellent physical condition except he does meth. The cops finally fell back to their patrol cars and commanded him to get on the ground. He just had gotten done fighting about 15 - 20 cops almost all at once. The cops shot him numerous times as he kept coming forwards. He was on drugs and did not even feel himself getting shot. The cops found a still burning meth rock that was slowly going out in the truck ashtray. The guy had smoked so much meth and the cops found weapons and a bag of meth in the pouch of the truck seat. This guy was a very serious felon and a real danger to society and to himself and a danger to law enforcement.

You can't pick up hitchhikers nor try to stick your thumb out to hitchhike a ride. Those days are long gone. I would have liked to be able to hitchhike a ride to the nearest town with no worries like in the old days.

Cheri, you did the right thing by getting the security guys over there to get him out of your car.

Oh my dear! I´m glad that you are okay with no hurt... I image that it must be shock for you...

One story I heard, do not know if it is true or just a story. A deaf woman was driving on the road one day and saw two men stand on the side of road and hitchhiker (mispelling). She stopped and picked them up. Drove little farther down road, one man tap her shoulder and asked her to drop them off this corner of road and told her not to pick up any more future hitchhiker cuz those men were going to held her as a hostage and used her car to go to rob the bank. She got freak out by this.

Cheri, these days you can't give a hitchhiker a ride. Those days are long gone and people had better moral values in the old days.

When I was in Texas, I needed a hitchhike ride then I stuck out my thumb then I got a ride. It ended up the guy wanted to rob and kill me for my money and my possessions. He tried to put a gun to my head and I fought him and rolled out of the truck door. He was a meth freak and was looking for some way to get some more meth. He crashed his truck into a tree and I flagged down somebody who called 911 after he realized I am Deaf and I got paper and pen from my bag and wrote to tell him what happened and to get the Texas State Troopers over here. The Texas State Troopers saw him and they knew him as soon as they saw him and the cops pulled out their guns and they did not bother to check to see if he was okay or not stumped in his truck seat windsheid broken right through. I asked the cop next to me what was going on The cop told me " He is a hardcore felon, he likes meth. He is a very dangerous man. " The guy was just starting to wake up from being in a very bad crash and then as soon as he saw the swarm of cops, he freaked out and started to fight with the cops. This meth freak liked to lift weights and he was in excellent physical condition except he does meth. The cops finally fell back to their patrol cars and commanded him to get on the ground. He just had gotten done fighting about 15 - 20 cops almost all at once. The cops shot him numerous times as he kept coming forwards. He was on drugs and did not even feel himself getting shot. The cops found a still burning meth rock that was slowly going out in the truck ashtray. The guy had smoked so much meth and the cops found weapons and a bag of meth in the pouch of the truck seat. This guy was a very serious felon and a real danger to society and to himself and a danger to law enforcement.

You can't pick up hitchhikers nor try to stick your thumb out to hitchhike a ride. Those days are long gone. I would have liked to be able to hitchhike a ride to the nearest town with no worries like in the old days.

Cheri, you did the right thing by getting the security guys over there to get him out of your car.

Wow what an experience u had. sorry u had to go thru this.

Poor this lady, hope she is allright. So sick of them to do her and hope they got caught and stay in jail for long time. Here, we live in desert and u can not see any phone for miles. We need to carry our own cell phones for our own protections. On freeway, they have phone booth on side of freeway but do not know if they will help people like us, deaf people? My friend tried to use it but no use to them cuz they were not working properly. Lucky for my friend, he has sidekick to call in.

Yes, both guys are arrest - thanks to DNA... A lady was nervousbreakdown... she visited to therapy... I beleive it took her very long time to get back normal. Yes, a lot of Germans own cell phone which is great... we have as well for the safety...

I heard that they have special techologny for deafies to use emegery call but none tried it since we own cell phones...

Yes, both guys are arrest - thanks to DNA... A lady was nervousbreakdown... she visited to therapy... I beleive it took her very long time to get back normal. Yes, a lot of Germans own cell phone which is great... we have as well for the safety...

I heard that they have special techologny for deafies to use emegery call but none tried it since we own cell phones...

I see she has post trauma sydrome which she will never be free from it, damaged for life. Poor her.

Really, not one of them tried it yet. wow, in your country must have no problems with all connection but here in my area, sometime cell phone won't open because of no service in some area.

:eek2: :eek2: Wow, I can't believe he got in the car even when you said no....Cheri, you did the right thing, I know there are times I feel that way when I turned down some strangers when they approach me for money or for a ride, Sometimes they have to understand that there's a reason why this person said no, it could be because of fear, or don't have much money on them but sometimes they can be quite pushy and still asking and asking, that's rude in my opinion, and I'm soo glad you're alright and you did just fine, and no you weren't being mean or anything like that, I would have done the same thing which I have in the past because like you said, he could be a rapist, murder, etc,

:hug:

CHERI!!!!....

My eyes already popped it out and stunned shock...

Least, you're okay!.. Im not condiser call'n you LUCKY.. but you did right thing and have speak it out stood up stranger man... Wha.. heck the guy are trying to attempt do something up to you... ! *Breath carried away*
Cheri, Look listen, please don't take giving stranger a ride EVER AGAIN! I mean ... next time.. don't let anyone hop into your car.. but guy geez, the stranger guy dares hop into your car.. Did you report the police 'bout this situation of matter? Cheri, you're not bad person hell no way.. you did RIGHT THING and get security guy. Doesn't make sense why the guy run off away from security.. Sumth'n wrong w/this guy may be have criminal ?

I wish I could give you a teddy bear hug every minutes as long you're OKAY! Just human beings.. If suppose the stranger man hop into my car.. I will dare *scream like hell*

P.S. No wonder why you tries page me this morning but I wasn't around home the moment hours. Oh gee... I'm sorry.. I *sputters my voice out of air* Totally speechless... Pretty shooked me nerves spines climb up my back!

c'mere Cheri... Seriouisly, I would give you a teddy bear hug reall big one!
by the way, Thanks for let me know 'bout arrangement package via UPS.. I'll look it out the UPS within few days.. and will be very happy nofity you when package arrives my home.

Gosh, good thing noting happen real bad. You re very bravery and glad ur alright. Yeah next time to lock the door.

I will be fine and always have been fine. I will fight back no matter what. That really was a very scary experience for me, I thought he was going to get out of that truck and shoot me when I was running away from him. He never got out of the truck and I kept looking back while I was flagging people down for help. I thought of going back to the truck and take the gun away from him but I did not want to get shot so I kept my distance away from him and got some help.

Cheri, if that guy wanted a ride, all he had to do was deposit 25 cents in the payphone on the street and call his family or friends to come and pick him up for a ride.

That was not somebody asking for a ride. He was asking for your permission to rape and kill you. ( That is what was left un-said. )

I know it is in a woman's nature to want to help people. That is always a good quality to have but these days, it is best to only help your family, relatives or friends and nobody else.

If somebody asks you for help and you say no, he should leave you alone but if he asks the 2nd time and you say no. Start walking away then run away. Don't let him ask you the 3rd time. In fact, it is best to start walking away then run away the 1st time somebody asks you for help. He should know better than to ask a woman for help. He should be calling his family, relatives or friends for a ride. Preservation of your life is number # 1 these days.

Do not feel bad about not helping him because then the next criminal that comes along may be much more smoother than that guy and he asks for your help and he gets you to be feeling bad about him and you completely forget about the danger of feeling bad for the guys and you fall for it then there is the hospital or an early grave.

DO NOT EVER FEEL BAD FOR THE BAD GUYS , NO MATTER WHAT YOUR HUMAN INSTINCTS TELL YOU TO FEEL BAD OR FEEL SORRY FOR HIM AT ALL !!!!!! HE IS FIRST OF ALL AND FOREMOST, A RAPIST AND A KILLER. NEVER EVER FORGET THAT. IT IS BETTER TO ASSUME HE IS A RAPIST AND A KILLER BECAUSE ALL IT TAKES IS ONE CHANCE.

I know alots of good guys will be saying " Hey, we are not like that !!!!! " and they truly are not rapists and killers at all but who ruined it all ? The criminals themselves, the bad guys ruined it all. I am not saying women need to be paranoid of men or anything like that but a woman's safety is a # 1 concern for her.

u did the right thing..I'd do the same thing...there was a one time where i picked up a guy.. and drove near where i lived and kicked him out lol .

no hitchikers should be trusted. I'm glad the guy ran away when u reported him to the security guard.

Wow...and No you not bad person cuz i know you in person twice time :D also ur did right things to tell person at UPS to help you..and if i were in ur shoe i will do same thing what crazy day for you eh? and glad that you are ok! :hug:

u did the right thing..I'd do the same thing...there was a one time where i picked up a guy.. and drove near where i lived and kicked him out lol.

:rofl: That was funni :hug:

Thanks everyone! :grouphug:

GalaxyAngel, :hug: ya too! Your package will arrive on Monday. ;)

I told my dad about this over the IP relay service, and he said "that was some wacko!" And told me that it happened to him before a few times when people wanted a ride, He would tell them to ride the RTA bus.

Cheri -

Indeed, You are VERY lucky you were able to get away with it safely. It does not make you a bad person like everyone else said in this thread. Everyone else has pretty much covered it all to what I was about to say in this. It is a scary situation and I would not wish that for anyone else to go through this.

Hey there...

Its a standard rule that my mother has made, and one of the conditions that I have to meet else they wouldn't let me drive....

DO NOT PICK UP ANYONE THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW!!!

Anyway, all mothers say what's good for their kids, so I'm not complaining!!

Kashveera

Cheri Let me ask you this,,, Suppose your car broke down in a middle of nowhere and car is approaching would you ask them to stop or tell em keep on going down the road.I pull over and help the person if i think he or she needs help.I Saw a person Stranded i told them whats wrong? He told me I ran out of gas.I told him to stay in your car ill Be Back..So i drove to a Gas Station with my gas bucket bought Gas for $1 then i drove back put in his tank told him its a lil bit theres a gas station up by 3 miles be sure get gas.So he drove on.

Cheri Let me ask you this,,, Suppose your car broke down in a middle of nowhere and car is approaching would you ask them to stop or tell em keep on going down the road.I pull over and help the person if i think he or she needs help.I Saw a person Stranded i told them whats wrong? He told me I ran out of gas.I told him to stay in your car ill Be Back..So i drove to a Gas Station with my gas bucket bought Gas for $1 then i drove back put in his tank told him its a lil bit theres a gas station up by 3 miles be sure get gas.So he drove on.

I would tell them I don't need help, I would walk a long way if I have to, to get to the local gas station. I'm not going to flag anyone down to help me out. Does that answer your question. :)

Back