Girl, 11, Gives Birth to Baby Boy in Northeast Hospital

Very sad situation.

I didn't see anything in the article about the "father." How did the poor girl get pregnant? Will she be protected for from further abuse?

wow. Hope grandma will take care of baby while the 11 yrs old can have her own childhood.

What I took notice of was that there was a 6 YEAR OLD that had a baby in 1939.

My god........

This is very sad. I don't even know what to say.

Very sad situation.

I didn't see anything in the article about the "father." How did the poor girl get pregnant? Will she be protected for from further abuse?

When a girl get pregnant that young it is far more likely it is from a family member like a father.

Someone must be arrested and prosecuted. Poor girl.

This is totally sad. My heart goes to her and the family. I do hope this poor child will get to have some sort of a childhood and that the grandmother will take over the care of the infant.

sadly 11 is not all that unherd of t be sexually active , kids are having sex more and more at a young age and they are not getting the needed education about condoms and birth control to prevent getting prego.

sadly 11 is not all that unherd of t be sexually active , kids are having sex more and more at a young age and they are not getting the needed education about condoms and birth control to prevent getting prego.

sometimes when a child is sexually abuse, sex education wouldn't make a world a difference. An abuser is going to do what he want to do, when he want to do it, and how he wants to do it (no condom).

She and her guardian should have gotten an emergency pill or something. I would not start birth control at that age... I don't know what the effect of birth control would be. abortion could have make the girl emotionally affected as well (since she is so young). That's why I feel emergency pill should have been done.

I've never been too keen on abortion, unless it was rape, incest, etc. But if I had a daughter and she got pregnant at age 11...yes, I would consider abortion. I feel the consequences of abortion would be a lot easier than for her to have the child at such a young age.

While you are thinking who might be the father of the baby boy, I think the 11 year old girl and some kid boy might have been interest in each other curiously, while maybe a cousin or a uncle might have molest her. It could likely be her father but I doubt that. If the 11 year old girl can be active sexually, then that is what happen. To me it is really too early to have a baby so young. As for the 6 years old girl in 1939, that was impossible for her to have the first period or have a ovaluation that young. I think she must be abused to be forced to get pregnant at 6 years old.

I had seen this story and the pictures about a year ago (?). Really incredible at 5 years old. It was very rare to have a girl to have period or ovalution to begin with to make a baby. I bet doctors and scientists are baffled about this. :hmm:

Not surprising or unheard of. There is someone on my Facebook that underwent puberty when she was 5 or 6. Result was? Superhuge boobs, with a stature of about 4'6"; even though 4'6" is short, people used to make fun of her tallness when she was a kid. She stopped growing when she turned 10 years old.

sometimes when a child is sexually abuse, sex education wouldn't make a world a difference. An abuser is going to do what he want to do, when he want to do it, and how he wants to do it (no condom).

She and her guardian should have gotten an emergency pill or something. I would not start birth control at that age... I don't know what the effect of birth control would be. abortion could have make the girl emotionally affected as well (since she is so young). That's why I feel emergency pill should have been done.
I do get that but not all kids haveing sex are beeing abused, thier are a good number her age haveing sex and are more then willing at it with kids of the same age and that is just sad.

Talk with your kids about sex.. DO NOT afraid! Rather than regrets about it when your daughter or son coming to your home and telling you... "MOMMY or DADDY! I'm 3 months pregnant or I'm a daddy".

:eek3: :jaw: It's hard to wrap my head around a 5 year old giving birth. It's too weird. Yeah, early puberty is quite baffling. I bet it's an environmental issue or some kind of a condition because there is no reason to start puberty so early. While birth control is a great preventative for pregnancy, it can have serious consequences, like blood clots that could lead to stroke, heart attack, or pulmonary embolism, which can be deadly.

Back