Gifts from exes?

What will u do with gifts from ex?

• Keep it.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Burn all stuffs with real FIRE.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Give all stuffs to somewhere like donations.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Return all stuffs back to ur ex who gave u.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Throw stuffs in the garbage.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Sell stuffs at eBay, auctions, or garage sale.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Give stuffs to ur friend/relative.

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What will u do with gifts that ur ex gave u long time before break up?

Mine still not decide which I should keep it or not. Consider burn these with fire or throw it away in the trash can.

it depend on your situation.... I'd have to hear the story but I think it's too personal to tell it out here unless you want to... I did throw the stuff in garbage... unless you have anger then burn it like hell

well, I was so piss off when my ex bf dumped me for a other girl cuz i won;t have sex with him so i burn it i felt so much better to do that

good question Lasza

i still have the engagement ring from my ex and i have NO clue what im going to do with it -- even went to a pawn shop to be nosy on what they would pay me for the ring and its a ripoff LOL

i also still have a few other things from the exes

Well honestly i sent my OLD pics and things i didn t want to some of my friends they did a favor for me :-D hhehehe and some of the pics I burned and one of my ring i had i threw into the ocean cuz it's not worth it to keep something that would never happen! :) So fo r u lasza its up to u what u want to do with it, but u know ur friends would support u in whatever u decide, if its expensive things like good material that can be useful just donate it to those who needs it, otherwise cheep crap in my mind either throw it away or send it back OR, just donate it if u have good heart to share things u dont need to those who do.

I pawned the ring my ex boyfriend gave it to me. That;s the only thing that an ex boyfriend gave me.

well I rip up all of the pix of me with my ex, but the stuff he have gave me. I returned them all back to him and let him deal with them.. It was easy for me to get all over with.. instead of keepin the stuff he had gave me..

I still have some of the stuff that my exs gave me. Some of the stuff were really neat, so I kept them. Some stuff I did throw away, though. Most of the things were just too nice to give away, like a really nice blanket, a nice Tintin poster, a framed picture of Antarctica one dollar notes, etc...

IT depends on the relationship. Maybe it is a very very good relationship that some can't bear to keep the things that one has given. Sometimes it's good to keep things to recall good memories.

Usually, it depends on the individual and the other. For me, I'd keep it. I'm glad I got them and it would really make me feel good to still have them. I might store them in boxes while I keep a few out on my desk or on display. The rest, I'll keep in boxes for later viewing during my own free time.

I still have every thing......even a gift that my ex gave me AFTER the breakup......weird....long story...but anyways, why burn it?? I even still have pictures, but I put them away. I even have a few jewelry that my exes gave me, later when I have a daughter, I can give it to them. whenever I have a boyfriend, they dont get mad I still have it, they think I am sweet and that I care about the special bond not be like who are you lol..most of my exes I am still friends with. :)

It all depends on the nature of your relationship and its demise. I was with someone over two years and over that span of time it would have been unreasonable to return everything he had given me and vice versus. Besides, what use would I have for a half used bottle of men's cologne and he for a piece of jewelry he purchased for me? Concerning photographs and "sentimental" items, I toss them all, with the exception of perhaps one picture. I've moved on and don't wish to live surrounded by memories of days gone by, but one photo is remembrance enough. There you have it, my 2 cents

I usually keep all of gifts and put them in the treasures boxes and once i get older and look thru and bring back the memory of good and bad... and laugh about it .. it will help me to understand what is difference through the years of the relationship... My wife does keep all exes gifts in her own treasures and it doesn't bother me at all as i could understand why since she haven't bother to look at it as often u know what i mean ??? IFFFF she look at it often then i would have been complaint to see which one she want to remember me or her exes ??? but nothing happen .. which is good enuff for me ..

Originally posted by Lasza
What will u do with gifts that ur ex gave u long time before break up?

Mine still not decide which I should keep it or not. Consider burn these with fire or throw it away in the trash can.

It really depends on what sort of items you received as a gift from an ex. If a lot of items very good quality type of stuff, I'd keep them! But if any were crap quality, then off they go into the rubbish bin! ;)

I used to keep ex(s) stuff.. Later, I felt alot of negativity around me.. So, I decided to throw them in trash.. It's like.. Letting it go.. But If you had good relationship but its like fading away or let your ex go.. for some good reasons. I kept few to keep remember how was my ex so good to me..

Other thing, I finally threw away some things like furnitures, dishes or stuff that I bought *while* I had that relationship. I gave it away or throw away depends which relationship i had.. eh.. and bought new stuff.. I felt great!

I know its hard to rid or not.... sell it.. eh :)

Oh well.... :wiggle: Just say.. I understand about all of him.. Good bye.. :fingersx:

I keep few from my exs but I did BURN one of my exs's shirt once. WOW Interesting to watch! :shock:

i burn one of my ex 's pic cuz that time i was so mad at him dumped me for other girl

:jaw:

I don't know what to say, because I have not had a picture or a "special" thing from anyone special during High School and College. I have had few xbf's during my years before HS, but I don't consider them "serious." Ya know.

Except that hearing boy from HS gave me a ring. I did ask him what this represent and he replied "friendship," but in my mind, it's almost like an engagement ring, so I told him that I can't accept that because it's almost like you're asking me to marry you. :ugh: That's the only one "special" thing I have had in my entire life (before I got married). I gave that ring back to him.

If I ever had anything like these, I would sell them out (excluding pix), and destroy the pix.

Of all my three exes who I've been together with for over 1 year, I would keep gifts from 2 of them and discard the rest. (ebay, donate, etc.)

Actually we (my present partner) both sometimes go on double dates with one of my older ex's and his partner. No big deal for that particular ex.

Last edited:
Back