getting a cochlear implant as an adult?

Yes, all ages can get CI. It just a numbers of ages. I will get a CI soon. I agree with other posts here. Wish you have a good luck to receive a CI for new life! :)

Thank you everyone! for all ur posts and sharing ur experiences. i really appreciate it. it was VERY helpful! and very informative! :)
I will keep all of this in mind as I continue my personal research on this - i am gonna take my time on this for a bit as it is quite the big decision and i def need to get info first and at the very least make an appt. to get evaluations, etc.
i'm sure i will have more Qs later on, haha.

Sure you can, you should consider Med-el
They have implant designed for severely ossified cochlea it's split array one have 7 electrodes and other have 5.
And if it have partial ossification you can get compressed one its shorter but has all 12 on one array.
I'm not sure if cochlear america have split array one of girl I know she had severe ossification she told me she have 2 array and she wear freedom.... so I'm not sure it doesn't say on website, something to ask :).

I know Med-El and Cochlear both have split arrays. I'd rather get the AB implant if possible, but if the left ear is far too ossified then I'd go for Cochlear (I don't really care for Med-El's design of the BTE, etc.).

Back