Get to know Matt, ask me anything.

Originally posted by ChelEler
:shock: SLIGHTLY?!?! 1000 is a BIG off! Poor you. :( Now what are you going to do?
My check is still $710. But, lemme try and explain how a slight mess.

I am on a comp (compensation) time plan. If you don't know, comp time is, if I work 1hr of OT, I get 1.5 hours of comp time (time off). The limit for the amount of comp time is 140 hours.

Here is what happened.

I had 46.4 hours of comp time
I used 24.0 hour of comp time

That leaves me 22.4 hours of comp time.

I worked 77.5 hours of OT.
77.5 hours of OT equals 116.3 hours of Comp time.

22.4 plus the 116.3 gives me 138.7...under 140.

Well, I forgot, I took time off for the RISDeaf May Breakfast. Well, that time would have put me over the 140 hour limit, and I would have gotten paid all overtime...77.5 hrs OT equals about $951....but ofcourse, I thought I had more OT because I forgot about the time I took off. So that is how I screwed up my paycheck.

Hard to understand. Easier to show on paper.

Originally posted by javapride
AHHH welcome back matty boy have a good sleep ????
Yes, it wasn't bad. Been better if it was in my own apt and not my friend's dorm room. Thank you. :D

Originally posted by prostock19
AHHH...People understand. Maybe, I FINALLY explained it correctly. :bowdown:

yep u did, it happens when u slip ur mind on certain areas u think u had covered. it happened to me. but hey at least U got the chance to do ur thing!

Originally posted by javapride
yep u did, it happens when u slip ur mind on certain areas u think u had covered. it happened to me. but hey at least U got the chance to do ur thing!
I just calculated, I could take 55 days off in a row :shock: Damn!!!

LOL. Yah, but you're right, if everyone worked everyday, then it would be 1 1/2...almost 2 months off.

Back