Get Over It, America is NOT Number One

Beowulf, one thing I have to confess -- I respectfully disagree with you that America isn't number one... May I have your permission for me to corrrect you? Here it is:

America is the leader in heart attack incidents.
America is the leader in heart diseases.
America is the leader in heart transport-surgeries
America is the leader in diabetic conditions.
America is the leader in obesity (60 percents of Americans are overweight, 15 percent of children are overweight... I don't think any countries can beat us, Americans! We rock!)
America is the leader in wastes/resources/energies-consume.
America is the leader in suger-consuming foods.
America is the leader in consuming the so-called 'low-fat' foods and still having the relatively-high percent of heart conditions which other countries consume the high-fat foods and having the relatively-low percent of heart conditions.
America is the leader in pollutions.
America is the leader in cancers.
Many more...

The list is nearly limitless... In addition: There was a Israeli-doctor who came over here from Israel to our classes to give a lecture about heart diseases. She had a gut to share with us: "Know the best about America? Lots of sick patients, being a doctor is the smartest choice for all of you to make because you will always make money out of them as long as they don't stop their nasty habits and don't stop being ignorant. Or Corporations didn't stop dump the dangerous chemicals in your backyards. God bless them."

Now I can say: God bless America.

CyberRed said:
From Tommy Franks, a doomsday scenario

St. Petersburg Times

The doomsday scenario was laid out by Gen. Tommy Franks, the recently retired head of CentCom, in of all places the December edition of Cigar Aficionado magazine.

"What is the worst thing that can happen in our country?" Franks asked rhetorically. "Two steps. The first step would be a nexus between weapons of mass destruction . . . and terrorism." The second step would be "the western world, the free world, loses what it cherishes most, and that is freedom and liberty we've seen for a couple of hundred years in this grand experiment that we call democracy."
Franks suggested that a "massive casualty-producing event" might cause "our population to question our own Constitution and begin to militarize our country."
For those tapped into the alternative media world of the Internet, the quotes bounced around faster than a Paris Hilton sex video. Franks, a four-star general, was warning of a future he sees as possible if not likely. Our economy might survive another terrorist assault, so might our mass culture - it'll take more than a nuclear device to shut up Jessica Simpson - but the prognosis for the Constitution is bleak.

New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman repeated the alarm in a recent column when he said that virulent terrorism "is the most serious threat to open societies, because one more 9/11 and we'll really see an erosion of our civil liberties."
We ain't seen nothing yet, according to the experts. If terrorism's sting is felt again, fascism may be its aftermath.

These pundits and prognosticators are saying out loud what anyone who has been following the government's actions since 9/11 already senses.

Consider how far down this road we've already moved: The passage of the USA Patriot Act has given the government extraordinary powers to spy on Americans without cause. The FBI has been unleashed to surveil Americans engaged in antiwar protests. Immigrants have been secretly detained and deported by the hundreds. And two Americans have been imprisoned indefinitely and without charge as "enemy combatants." (Only last week did the Defense Department agree to grant one of those, Yaser Esam Hamdi, access to a lawyer.) To all this, the courts and Congress have barely blinked.
In Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, we are holding more than 600 prisoners from 42 countries who are being refused prisoner of war status or any other formal legal designation. The Bush administration believes these prisoners should have no access to American courts to challenge the legitimacy of their detention and the president alone, as commander in chief, has the power to decide each man's fate. The Justice Department will argue this in two cases before the U.S. Supreme Court this term.

In essence, the administration is asserting something unprecedented - that the kinds of emergency powers that might flow to the military on the battlefield should be available in the "war on terrorism."

But combating terrorism is not the same as prosecuting a traditional war. As the administration itself has explained, with terrorism there is no discrete enemy, place of battle or anticipated end to hostilities. Emergency powers take on a very different sheen when the emergency is permanent and everywhere.

Egypt has slouched toward totalitarianism in this way. Since 1981, the country has used fighting terrorism as a justification to repeatedly renew emergency laws that allow the government to hold suspects without charge and try civilians in military courts - with the U.S. State Department objecting the whole way. Conveniently, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has also used the laws to thwart prodemocracy efforts and dispatch political enemies.

It was the Nine Years' War in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World that facilitated the seizure of power by the world reformers who then took control of nearly all human and social development. In 1984, George Orwell described Oceania as in a constant state of war with a changeable enemy who "always represented absolute evil." These inventors of the great dystopias understood the way governments use war and its associative fear and instability to consolidate power. Despotism thrives on insecurity. Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs puts safety right behind food, water and sleep. Humans naturally crave stability and are willing to sacrifice values such as liberty in its pursuit.

Within the current government there are those who would exploit this weakness. Before it was leaked to the Center for Public Integrity, a bill dubbed the Patriot Act II was in development at the Justice Department. The draft would have allowed for the stripping of American citizenship and the secret detention of citizens; and popular conjecture had it that Attorney General John Ashcroft was just waiting for another terror attack to roll the bill out. In that moment of national panic, a malleable Congress wouldn't resist. So, will another major terrorist attack on American soil lead, as Franks warns, to the end of freedom and democracy? There aren't many hopeful signs to the contrary.

See Also:

Cigar Aficionado's Interview with General Tommy Franks

and:

Tommy Franks: Martial Law Will Replace Constitution After Next Terror Attack

and:

Military Industrial Complex Coup in '04

Here's another link :
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=2126

I believe that the Martial Law will be replacin' Constitution since people vote for it by givin' up their freedom, because of terrorism. And, yes you are right about criminals havin' their guns, Miss *P. :) How sad ! Tsk..
To respond Cheri and WebExplorer, that's what I mean about givin' away the freedom too much ( see above I just posted ). :) On the TV News, you could tell in between their lines when they don't tell you everythin' that people seek for the truth. It is always coverin' up. Once it covers up, it is conspiracy...or possibly a treason. Once a patriotic person or American person protests about "treason", that person could be arrested for it. Once you study them, the more deep you will notice ( unless if your eyes have gel just like Eagle's )how well they hide what their intentions are. Our country ( USA ) is really sleepin' !! Geez whiz... Wake up, America for heaven's sake !!
:gpost: :werd:

Magatsu said:
Beowulf, one thing I have to confess -- I respectfully disagree with you that America isn't number one... May I have your permission for me to corrrect you? Here it is:

America is the leader in heart attack incidents.
America is the leader in heart diseases.
America is the leader in heart transport-surgeries
America is the leader in diabetic conditions.
America is the leader in obesity (60 percents of Americans are overweight, 15 percent of children are overweight... I don't think any countries can beat us, Americans! We rock!)
America is the leader in wastes/resources/energies-consume.
America is the leader in suger-consuming foods.
America is the leader in consuming the so-called 'low-fat' foods and still having the relatively-high percent of heart conditions which other countries consume the high-fat foods and having the relatively-low percent of heart conditions.
America is the leader in pollutions.
America is the leader in cancers.
Many more...

The list is nearly limitless... In addition: There was a Israeli-doctor who came over here from Israel to our classes to give a lecture about heart diseases. She had a gut to share with us: "Know the best about America? Lots of sick patients, being a doctor is the smartest choice for all of you to make because you will always make money out of them as long as they don't stop their nasty habits and don't stop being ignorant. Or Corporations didn't stop dump the dangerous chemicals in your backyards. God bless them."

Now I can say: God bless America.

That is because Americans get sick most of the time.
America is one of the countries with highest pollution, highest Aids/HIV, and all.

deaflibrarian said:
I disagree that the USA is not #1. It definitely is #1 in the number of 24-hour grocery stores and Wal-Marts! I love going shopping at 2:00am!

:rofl: u arent alone librarian! i too like to do my grocery shopping in the middle of the nite!

deaflibrarian said:
I disagree that the USA is not #1. It definitely is #1 in the number of 24-hour grocery stores and Wal-Marts! I love going shopping at 2:00am!

Shopping until 2 am ? :eek2:

Shopping center until 8.00 pm
Shopping in town/city between 6.30 pm and 8.00 pm.

I rather to stay in home to be lazy or have parties or have good sleep during that time than go to shopping like this. :eek2:

All of this trash talk about America is sickening. I am proud to be born and raised in this country. We all should be thanful. It could be worse. You know if you have such big problems with America then why don't you move to another country. I hear Iraq is just wonderful. :crazy:

mlkshkgrl said:
All of this trash talk about America is sickening. I am proud to be born and raised in this country. We all should be thanful. It could be worse. You know if you have such big problems with America then why don't you move to another country. I hear Iraq is just wonderful. :crazy:
Ah so, we are not allowed to state the facts? or... not even opinions? That is really sad and sickening :(

And if America continutally stays with this poor policies that they have in next 4 years, yes I will move to rich-morals and heavily pro-family community country like Sweden and enjoy the rich life. Thank you for your wonderful advice!

Magatsu said:
Ah so, we are not allowed to state the facts? or... not even opinions? That is really sad and sickening :(

And if America continutally stays with this poor policies that they have in next 4 years, yes I will move to rich-morals and heavily pro-family community country like Sweden and enjoy the rich life. Thank you for your wonderful advice!

You can state anything you want thats one of the freedoms you have. But why wait to move, you hate this country so bad enough already. Get out now since its so bad, because America sure doesnt need you making it worse with all of your negative energy. :sure:

*yawn* :zzz: No, I don't hate America. You once again made a grave mistake in assumption. Oh boy, next time... ASK before make the bad assumption like that.

I do love America but I surely don't like the current policies. I stayed here to fight for another 4 years... know why? For our future generations. I hope you will get the message this time. Also I hope that my comment is non-spinnable. In fact, America sure does not need the people like you making it any worse than certain people already have... with all of apathetic, anger and hatred energies that you spat out as well. Since you made a bad assumption so I guess I'm entitled to make a bad assumption too?

Anyway, you can say whatever you want... but one friendly note for you: you cannot make anyone to move out or change their minds with your *cough* opinions. That is indeed, unfortunate for you ;)

I am not entirely interesting to engage you into this mindless bicker so I bid you, have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
deaflibrarian said:
Whoa, anti-world much mlkshkgrl? Ever think some of those people "trash talking" the USA were born in the USA and they are simply speaking the truth? Think before you speak such racist words chicky.

Of course, seeing as you're the one that said this: I am not surprised why you said what you did.

Just because I said that Stalin was a smart analytical man does not mean that I agree with everything he did. He was a cold killer and I do not agree with everything that he did. But that does not mean that he wasn't an intelligent ruler. As fars as racist goes, I am far from it. I am well aware of the fact that most are Americans. There are a lot of things in this country that I don't agree with either. But at the same time I am happy to be here compared to other countries I could be in.

No. America is such a mess. I think Canada is most beautiful country. What a shame that Canada sees us as neighbor as pig and our politicians' corrupts.

hmm interesting thread. Some of you should consider joining politics and/or debate teams.
As for me, some of the facts listed in post #1 were interesting to know, but there is not a thing I can do except teach my students to read and write so that they will not become just a number in the literacy/illiteracy ratio. And teach them how to eat right and spend their money wisely. And when I become a parent in the future, thats all I will be able to do for my own children. Also, as a christians, we (my husband and I) would raise our children in church and teach them to follow the example of Jesus Christ.

I had a long weekend from helping my parents move into a smaller home. By smaller I mean that my mom and dad are close to age and since they are in their mid eighties, they could no longer go up and down stairs. So they moved into a duplex.
My dad is a highly decorated veteran of three wars.
But he is getting screwed out of his back pay, he is owed a LOT of money.
Let's just face it, Bush DOES NOT CARE.
Neither did Clinton.
It is AWFUL the way we are treating our veterans.
They better watch out.

That is true Beo. I remember my grandfather telling about the "Bonus March" in 1932. It was sad.

Bonus Army
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Federal troops destroy the encampmentsThe Bonus Army or Bonus March or Bonus Expeditionary Force was a collection of 15,000 World War I veterans, their families, and other affiliated groups, who demonstrated in Washington, DC during June, 1932 seeking immediate payment of a "bonus" that had been promised by the Adjusted Service Certificate Law of 1924 for payment in 1945.

The Bonus Army massed at the United States Capitol on June 17 as the U.S. Senate considered a bill that would give them certain benefits. They camped in makeshift camps or shacks (similar to Hoovervilles) on the Anacostia Flats, a swampy, muddy area in Southeast D.C., across the Anacostia River from the federal core of the city. The protestors had hoped that they could pressure Congress to change the law and make immediate payments, which would have provided relief for the marchers, many of whom were unemployed due to the Great Depression. The bill passed the House of Representatives, but was blocked in the Senate.

After the defeat of the bill, Congress appropriated funds to pay for the marchers' return home, which most accepted. Many of those who remained became vagrants seeking shelter in federal buildings. On July 28, Washington police attempted to remove some former marchers from a federal site where construction was scheduled to proceed under the government's public works program. The occupants assaulted the police with blunt weapons, wounding several of them. After the police retreated, the District of Columbia commissioner asked president Herbert Hoover for federal troops to assist the police in removing the marchers.

The marchers were cleared and their camps were destroyed by federal cavalry troops under the command of General Douglas MacArthur, in a possible violation of the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878. Dwight D. Eisenhower and George Patton also took part in the operation. Tanks and troops with rifles with bayonets were sent into the Bonus Expeditionary Force's camps. Hundreds of veterans were injured, several were killed, such as William Hushka and Eric Carlson, a wife of a veteran miscarried, and other such casualties were inflicted. The army burned down the BEF's tents and used tear gas. Reports of US soldiers marching against their peers did not help Hoover's re-election efforts; neither did his open opposition to the Bonus Law due to financial concerns. After the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1933, a section of the Bonus Army regrouped in Washington to restate their claims to the new President. Roosevelt sent his wife Eleanor to talk with them.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army"

mlkshkgrl said:

Your post are ignorance and uneducation, I ever read. :-o

I would not say that Germany is a prefect country in the world but I has to admit that there´re cons and pros in Germany. Why cant you do the same when you knows what your country did is total wrong.

We need to open our mind when those issues over our countries comes.

I´m agree with Magstau´s and Cyberred´s post.

:wtf:
Liebling:-))) said:
Your post are ignorance and uneducation, I ever read. :-o

I would not say that Germany is a prefect country in the world but I has to admit that there´re cons and pros in Germany. Why cant you do the same when you knows what your country did is total wrong.

We need to open our mind when those issues over our countries comes.

I´m agree with Magstau´s and Cyberred´s post.

Why dont you pull your head outta your :booty: and read what i wrote in post 53. I stated that there were things in this country I didnt agree with!

mlkshkgrl said:
:wtf:

Why dont you pull your head outta your :booty: and read what i wrote in post 53. I stated that there were things in this country I didnt agree with!

Okay :dizzy:

Back