George Bush cancels Switzerland trip over fears of being arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bush himself admitted to use and endorsement of the waterboarding torture at Guantanamo Bay.

Again, if you can wadge a war without hurting people let me know. You're not going to get rid of torture whether it happens from the top of command or down to the soldier on the battlefield, everybody fights dirty. The object is not to die for your country, it is to make the other guy die for his.

I also have to ask: Do you not think the burning of over 3000 people (civilians I might add) constitutes torture?

Of course, nobody wants to have a war thrown upon them, but you cannot believe that the Taliban and Al-Queda were not in bed together. And, we have not left the country in ruins. We are the only country in the world that rebuilds nations with whom have we gone to war.

Yes, I don't think we should torture people(I don't think you have to). I also don't think Danial Perl should have been beheaded. If you can find out a way to conduct a war without hurting people, I'm all for it.

Also, I don't think any country, who can't wadge war with that country, would be dumb enough to arrest a former head of state. Any prosecution of an American president will most likely occur here in the U.S.

I don't agree(completely) with what Bush did, but his job was to protect the United States. That is, exactly, his job description.

... rebuild nations that you have gone to war with? You have got to be kidding me.

and yeah, Bush did an outstanding job protecting the US from Saddam's non-existent nuclear weapons and innocent children and women in Afghanistan and Iraq who had nothing to do with terrorism but died thanks to the wars against their countries.

America must feel much safer now.

Again, if you can wadge a war without hurting people let me know. You're not going to get rid of torture whether it happens from the top of command or down to the soldier on the battlefield, everybody fights dirty. The object is not to die for your country, it is to make the other guy die for his.

Admirable.

Not ignoring him at all. The charges of war crimes against Bush still stands so his pointing out the date of February 2011 doesn't mean enough to me to bother answering. I will be sure to jump to conclusions and speak on your behalf sometime to return the favour.

Not ignoring him at all. The charges of war crimes against Bush still stands so his pointing out the date of February 2011 doesn't mean enough to me to bother answering. I will be sure to jump to conclusions and speak on your behalf sometime to return the favour.
The planned event was almost one year ago. Why bring it up now?

Where did Bush or his spokesman state that he was afraid of protesters?

Reba, again, I said this based on what was posted on this thread as I've already mentioned and had you taken the time to actually scroll and follow the thread of conversation, you would have realized I was responding to TXGolfer's claims that Bush cancelled due to so called threats of violence from the leftist protestors.

We got to see how smart Bush is, by not going to Switzerland on getting arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back