GeoCaching

LinuxGold

Reaction score
Do anyone Geocache in GeoCaching ? If so, let me know! I would love to share my new hobby with anyone who is interested in GPS game.

Scott

Last edited:
Hmm, seems very interesting, too bad I dont have a GPS. Found several caches in my area though! Maybe this is something Prostock would love to start a new hobby with...

Hey! That looks exciting and very willing to try! I have a question, I know how much GPS device cost but does it have monthly subscription fee since it connects to satellite?

Let me know!

VamPryoX: It's a scavenger hunt, a hunt for cache that consists various things i.e. log book, camera for you to take a snapshot of yourself and gift trading and such, which uses GPS coordinates for other cacher to find, to log in or to trade gifts. It requires GPS to hunt.

kuifje75: What's stopping you? Let me know when you got GPS and joined Geocaching membership. I would love to chat away with ya!

Tostitos: Prices vary. Minimum from what I know is 75 dollars. I use standard etrex, which list priced at 106 dollars. I got it for free with Marlboro miles on Gear order catalog. But I found standard etrex for 99.99 dollars at Target. It is a good start GPS component to play GeoCaching with. My dream GPS device is (far in the future):GPS Map295 which can be used for both airplane, automobile and general use!

Tostitos: Prices vary. Minimum from what I know is 75 dollars. I use standard etrex, which list priced at 106 dollars. I got it for free with Marlboro miles on Gear order catalog. But I found standard etrex for 99.99 dollars at Target. It is a good start GPS component to play GeoCaching with. My dream GPS device is (far in the future):GPS Map295 which can be used for both airplane, automobile and general use![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information! :) But you still have not answered my question. My question was “is there some kind of fee to use it since it use signal from satellite?” I did ask couple of people around here and it appears like there is no subscription fee for GPS, is that correct? Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Ok, I found somebody who were willing to loan us a GPS device and we tried "The Old Dump" and "Tuesday Night Softball." All based on zip code of 14623 and my roommate and I loved the adventure! We will definitely go out again for some more caches!

:)

Tried geocaching with my son yesterday (3/18/06) from a newspaper article I read. Quite thrilling. Found first two caches using my PDA using Mapopolis software with a bluetooth GPS. A new hobby is discovered because it is easily hooked and more planned adventures to come! Hoping to share with you all in this new GPS scavenger hunting.

Wonder if there's any deaf geocachers in the Washington DC area? If so, that's great! We should plan geocaching events such on a weekend from time to time, we'll go out together and have fun geocaching. Let me know what you think? It should be a fun filled event!

Back