Genealogy

Reaction score
Anyone here is interested in genealogy or family history?

I have been working on my genealogy since I was 12 year old! I really loves it!

Sean

Yes, I enjoy researching my family history. :)

I like to research about my families history :) I am Greek, English, and Germany, but mostly Greek. Also my family is part of Nazi army during the WW2.

I just started searching my family roots this year and was totally amazed to see how far back my family tree can go and to realise that my researcher is in fact my far distant cousin and we share the same great great great grandparents.

My family tree is Norwegian
Irish
England
Wales

My entire life I believed that I was half Armenian and half Russian. Then my wife started poking her nose into my ancestry and discovered that I am actually half Polish, NOT Russian! No wonder I’m half stupid sometimes… :squint:

I do know that on my mothers side of the family I have ties to George Washington. That's pretty cool. I don't really know muc else becasue my dad was adopted and we have no information on his birth family.

I love researching my genealogy.
My father's family is mostly English and Irish, but as a bit German.
My mother's family is mostly German, a bit Scottish and English. They tend to celebrate more of their German heritage more than anything, so I grew up eating, thinking and sleeping German.

Yes, I like genealogy learning about my background. I just found out that I am Indian from my paternal side. I don't know exactly which tribe. My heritage is Mexican, with French blood from maternal side.

Anyone here is interested in genealogy or family history?

I have been working on my genealogy since I was 12 year old! I really loves it!

Sean

Yeah, I sort of like genealogy. I have a book that two guys published that traces my father's family back 12 generations. It's a huge book. Originally my ancestors were from the Navarre region of Spain (my last name is the name of a small town in Spain), but they don't know how to trace it all the way back to Spain. They can only trace it back to Cornwall England in the 1600s.

My entire life I believed that I was half Armenian and half Russian. Then my wife started poking her nose into my ancestry and discovered that I am actually half Polish, NOT Russian! No wonder I’m half stupid sometimes… :squint:

I read about the Polish uprising, though, during WWII. The Polish are really cool. They also have great food and they have one heck of a composer.

Anyone happen to know who that is???? :)

I'm not Polish, btw, I'm Irish and a little German.

Few yrs ago, I was told by my aunt that my aunt's father's side came from spain years ago before move to Italy. I was like huh?? I am a bit of spanish!! I looked at myself. I am too white and have orange hair!! It's so weird. Abt a year or two ago, I went thru my (my aunt's mother) grandmother's stuffs and found her mother's birth cerficate and her grandparents' death cerficate. They came from Switzerland. My grandmother's father's family came from Prussia.

I dont know anything abt my father's side. I was told I am part of Irish, English and French. I wasnt sure abt it.

I love researching my genealogy.
My father's family is mostly English and Irish, but as a bit German.
My mother's family is mostly German, a bit Scottish and English. They tend to celebrate more of their German heritage more than anything, so I grew up eating, thinking and sleeping German.

I am half Flemish and half Austrian (ethnic German). The words after your name is not in German but in Hungarian. I don't know Hungarian but I can tell it is. Does that means your ancestors came from Southeastern Austria?

Yes I am very interesting, too...

My mother's side is remain Scottish...

My father's side was French then remain Irish for long generation.........

Used to work for Register of Births, Death and Marriage.

It is very expensive hobby.

Sometimes people who are in research for their family and want to buy a copy of Birth certificate, within 5 years span, for research, if we found it is at least 6 years from the exact date.

We can't copy it but telling them that there is NO records found between 1890 to 1895, but the right year of birth should be 1896!!

We can't tell them but let them to try again before or after the 5 years - 1885 to 1890 or 1895 to 1900!!!! This way the Government will get more money from people's best guess to find the right year!

The Best and more information to research is to get a Death Certificate, it will give full details of the deceased's offsprings, and date of their marriage in Australia.

Oh yes... I enjoyed researching it but I stopped because I don't have enough information yet. So my dad is trying to get his computer back up running and start research some more then he can send me copies! I told him it is interesting to learn where our families are from. He agreed with me. It was really nice of him to do something...I let him do it cuz it keep him busy. :thumb:

I will have to work on my mom's side. Ummm my aunt suppose to find it...I'll ask her again if she ever start find the family tree ha! It is A LOT of work and A LOT of researching! My best friend enjoy it also. She is working little by little. It is so confusing for her because she is adopted and she know her real family. So I am adopted myself also. But remained in real family not strangers.

Back