Genealogy - your family tree

No, because 1/3 is defined as a repeating decimal where it is equal to 0.33333-> goes on forever, the number "3" continues to infinity. What you presented is an approximate third and is not defined as a 1/3.

Nope. If you are going to convert the decimal to a fraction, it would convert to 1/3.

Emotionally, I am Irish! And even a small fraction of Irish blood too!

As far as I can tell, I don't have a drop of Irish blood but I like to think I've got some Irish. Is there anyway I can make surnames like Shaffers, Bailey and Blizzard more Irish? Those are the surnames in my family tree.

As far as I can tell, I don't have a drop of Irish blood but I like to think I've got some Irish. Is there anyway I can make surnames like Shaffers, Bailey and Blizzard more Irish? Those are the surnames in my family tree.

Bailey's Irish Cream. I think you are in!

Ha ha that'll work. In the olden times they would invent a genology. :giggle:

Yep. They could be whatever they wanted to be! (That practice was probably to erase some of the "less desirable" ethnic ancestors from their history.):lol: It is only in recent history that ancestors such as Native American or African American have become the fad. Now we got people claiming to be 1/128th Native American just to get in on the fashion. LOL

Bailey's Irish Cream. You're in!

Edited: Just read back and saw that Botts had the same idea. Great minds thinking as one, once again. ;-)

Yep. They could be whatever they wanted to be! (That practice was probably to erase some of the "less desirable" ethnic ancestors from their history.):lol: It is only in recent history that ancestors such as Native American or African American have become the fad. Now we got people claiming to be 1/128th Native American just to get in on the fashion. LOL

Well, my mother's family has been around long enough that I should have Native American and African American blood somewhere in my family tree. However, broaching the idea of having diverse ancestors will go over like a lead balloon with some members of my family. There's also evidience at least one branch of my family was Jewish. That won't go over well either.

i dont exact percentage of my heritage. All i know i am polynesian indian which is mixture of chinese, german and hawaiian plus being british and italian.

Well, my mother's family has been around long enough that I should have Native American and African American blood somewhere in my family tree. However, broaching the idea of having diverse ancestors will go over like a lead balloon with some members of my family. There's also evidience at least one branch of my family was Jewish. That won't go over well either.

We could be sisters!:lol: African American and Jewish!

Back