Geez I called Oil Heat today!!!

I find it hard to believe people are still using oil to heat their houses.

I notice my oil tank have low oil so Decide to called Oil heat..

They thought my tank size 300 gallons and cost 1400 something

but my oil tank's 250 gallons and cost me 1245.00!!!! My eyes pop!!! :shock:

so I get half 100 gallons cost me 500.00 so they will come tomorrow :( its so ridiculous!!!

I remember last winter that I order filled full tank only 700.00 :(

I just talked with my deaf brother.. We will selling our homes.. We will share and pay off two small families home in three or four years later :D
Ouch! I hope you have a mild winter so that you won't need more oil.

What do you use for home heating?

Natural gas. I was referring to these old oil tanks. They aren't commonly used these days. They are delivered via pipes while with oil tanks, people would have to come over to your house to deliver the oil. There are still some houses in my city that use them, but not a lot.

Why so much driving?
It's for his business. It's a large van, and he drives to places in three counties. When he works, the equipment runs off the van's engine. So his van engine runs almost all day, six days a week.

Natural gas. I was referring to these old oil tanks. They aren't commonly used these days. They are delivered via pipes while with oil tanks, people would have to come over to your house to deliver the oil. There are still some houses in my city that use them, but not a lot.
Here in the Southeast, we use mostly electricity (heat pumps) or natural gas (piped in). No one uses oil. But in New England, where my extended family lives, they still use oil furnaces (filled by oil tanker trucks). Hubby's family in Michigan also use oil furnaces. At one time, that was the most economical system.

The people in this part of South Carolina use natural gas more for clothes dryers, stoves, water heaters, and fireplaces. Most people still use electric heat pumps for heating their homes even if they're hooked up for natural gas for other uses.

I agree with her.... I owne 1980 VW Scirocco, 1985 VW Jetta and 1980 Porsche. All 3 cars were excellent gas - +40 mpg on highway.

One day, I went to gas station to fill up gas in my Porsche. I drove for 200 miles (near Philadelphia to NYC then back to near Phila). Stop at gas station to re-fill up. Just 5 gallon of gas. I found out that my Porsche gave me 40 mpg. My wife has Saturn ION. I have Grand Am. Both America cars are not save gas. I plan to go back to German Car.

Shame on Geroge Bush's dad!!! He does not like 55 speed limited. He let all big car factory gain power engine. Not care save gas.

In 1970's, they had fuel shortage. Jimmy Carter was president of the USA. He wanted all America Auto factory to make improving better MPG.

Yeah. I always dislike America due poor engine power and mpg. I never bought the america car before. All japanese cars way :)

Interesting...

Oil heating are very common here in Germany. We have oil tanks in one small room in basement when we have our house to build in 1989... Many people still depend on oil heating when they build their houses for years... still until now... but more and more Germans have solar roof with water and heating system to install since oil expense goes up but natural gas goes worst.

One of my friends decided to have natural gas when he had his house to build at few years ago. He is not very happy with high gas expense within few years later after built his house. He rid of natural gas and install oil tanks in his basement last year.

We are consider to have solar roof with water heaters and heating system to install at our house with next year or two year time since Chimney sweep inspector told us at few months ago that our 20 years old waste oil heater burner may go up to 2 years time, maybe next year. Yes we still depend on oil but it would be more less if solar roof is around.

I find it hard to believe people are still using oil to heat their houses.

I am sure you never be there at countryside before. Most countryside still use oil tank for heat house, heater water,oven and fireplace.

I am sure you never be there at countryside before. Most countryside still use oil tank for heat house, heater water,oven and fireplace.

I've been to the countryside plenty of times. However, that's true that it's more common in rural communities.

In Midwestern United States, it's propane. In Northeastern United States, a lot of oil tanks.

I've never perceived oil tanks to be a rural thing.

I still have oil tank and I am applied for the fuel assistant. But I did have a pellet stove install in my house and I will be using that alot this winter that for sure. I hate oil since they do build up dust which I am allergic to it.

Leibling thanks for the link for the solor.

It's for his business. It's a large van, and he drives to places in three counties. When he works, the equipment runs off the van's engine. So his van engine runs almost all day, six days a week.

Is it diesel engine?

No. He has to use premium gas.

Isn't it bad to leave that gasoline engine idling for long periods of time? I heard it's not good for the engine but in a diesel engine it's safer to leave it idling in long periods of time.

Oh by the way, many Seattle homes still have oil heat....I lived in one of those house that had it. It is red color fuel, I think. It cost around $250 or so to fill a tank of fuel in early 2000s.

Back