Gaming Rage?

I've seen a few people with video gaming rage. I've even seen a few with computer rage.

There was one student who sat next to me at the NTID computer lab one evening. While I was minding my own business, I suddenly heard banging and grunting. When I looked to my right, I saw her yelling at her computer and banging the side of her monitor. Apparently, she was mad because she wanted her computer to be faster. :roll:

As for video gaming, I saw a guy who got pissed off when he was playing in a Halo (Xbox) tournament. He was playing against a guy who was using his watch to time the respawnings of the power-up items. He knew when the power-ups would respawn and be there just as it appeared. He got so mad that he started screaming at the judges and banging the table. He was already ahead in the game, but because of his screaming... he lost focus and got behind... losing the tournament. :roll:

I have to confess that at times I do shout at my computer when it crashes (once lost 2 years worth of stuff) or does something evil like show a blue screen when I'm facing an important deadline. Like Daredevel7, seeing this makes me feel a bit better about myself as I see somebody else lose their rag, and what's more, lose it in a far more extreme way than I do.

It's not pretty, but at least it's done on an inanimate object and not on another human being or animal. The sad thing is that there are people who scream like that at a child. It's more than sad, it's wrong.

I've seen a few people with video gaming rage. I've even seen a few with computer rage.

There was one student who sat next to me at the NTID computer lab one evening. While I was minding my own business, I suddenly heard banging and grunting. When I looked to my right, I saw her yelling at her computer and banging the side of her monitor. Apparently, she was mad because she wanted her computer to be faster. :roll:

As for video gaming, I saw a guy who got pissed off when he was playing in a Halo (Xbox) tournament. He was playing against a guy who was using his watch to time the respawnings of the power-up items. He knew when the power-ups would respawn and be there just as it appeared. He got so mad that he started screaming at the judges and banging the table. He was already ahead in the game, but because of his screaming... he lost focus and got behind... losing the tournament. :roll:

With that in mind, that was a noob tournament. He could have just sat there and timed the spawn of items while he came in and shot the fker down.

Came across this YouTube video which claims that the Angry German Kid on a computer was a spoof that got taken at face value. The temper tantrum wasn't real, and was meant to be a dig at people who believed that playing violent computer games creates violent people. Unfortunately the humour was missed and people took it at face value.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5usx4mQg6x8]Angry German Kid Special #1: The Untold Facts - YouTube[/ame]

I like playing WoW. I don't smash my keyboard when I'm angry. Instead, I tend to "rage afk" when I'm very angry. When I rage afk, I refuse to do ANYTHING and I just sit there doing nothing untill battlegrounds are finished. That doesn't happen often.

I used to play Multi User Dungeons and I went toward hardcore PvP (player vs player) MUDS; I remember my group sleeping under a tree and some guy came and killed all of our characters while we were asleep. I swore for the next 15 mintues. I have not sworn so much since then.

Back