Gallaudet Presidential Search

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
The Board of Trustees and Presidential Search Committee at Gallaudet University invite applications and nominations for the position of president to succeed Dr. I. King Jordan, who is retiring after eighteen years of outstanding leadership. The new president will assume office in January 2007.

Gallaudet University is the world’s only comprehensive, multipurpose institution of higher education for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. In addition to its undergraduate and graduate academic programs, the University also offers national demonstration programs for elementary and secondary education through the Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center. Gallaudet currently enrolls approximately 1,800 post-secondary students who attend classes on the beautiful and vibrant Kendall Green campus in Washington, DC. In addition, last year Gallaudet served more than 48,000 individuals worldwide through conferences, sign language classes, the Office of International Programs and Services, the World Deaf Leadership Program, and summer enrichment programs for the deaf and hard of hearing community of Greater Washington, D.C.

Gallaudet University seeks a president who will provide bold vision in strategically positioning this unique institution as the University adapts to rapid technological advancements, global developments and career opportunities for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. The community is eager to identify a president who will serve as a role model for Gallaudet students and for the deaf and hard of hearing community, just as the Deaf President Now movement accomplished in the last presidential appointment. The successful candidate will possess an earned terminal degree, fluency in American Sign Language and English, and the abilities to: ensure full access and open communication throughout the University, inspire the Gallaudet community to continue to plan and implement strategic goals, provide effective fiscal management and fundraising, and encourage and develop faculty and staff to offer the best programs and services possible for Gallaudet students.

Nominations and expressions of interest should be sent electronically (MS Word) to: gallaudet@academic-search.org

Applications will include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and five professional references with e-mail and telephone numbers included. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Materials received by the end of March will be assured of full consideration.

The search committee is being assisted by:
Dr. Tobie van der Vorm and Dr. Tom Gerety, Senior Consultants
Academic Search Consultation Service

Dr. van der Vorm can be reached at:
ptv@academic-search.org - 202/263-7473 Voice - 202/223-0667 TTY

Gallaudet University is an equal opportunity employer.

http://www.4hearingloss.com/archives/2006/02/gallaudet_presi_1.html

I nominate... myself! ;)

Just kidding! I wouldn't want a position like that. ;)

I nominate Morton Warnow of Modern deaf Communication, Inc. to be the next Gallaudet President. He's a bold visionary in community literacy and lives with a mission to improve the employability within the deaf communities.

Richard

James Tucker or Dr. Ben Bahan could be negotiable to become a president at Gallaudet Univ.

Kalista said:
James Tucker or Dr. Ben Bahan could be negotiable to become a president at Gallaudet Univ.

I like Bahan but he has his eyes on the back of his head when it should be on the front.

Richard

VamPyroX said:
I nominate... myself! ;)

Just kidding! I wouldn't want a position like that. ;)

Well, for the qualified, the guy (Jordan) makes over $500k a year.

Kallista, I don't know how I found out but it is common knowledge around here. Maybe it is formally posted somewhere? I'm sure there's ways to find out. 500K seems vaguely familiar to me but it might be more....

Tousi said:
Kallista, I don't know how I found out but it is common knowledge around here. Maybe it is formally posted somewhere? I'm sure there's ways to find out. 500K seems vaguely familiar to me but it might be more....

wow half million dollars

Well, I assume that is about what most heads of universities in the USA make so bravo for Jordan, a deafie.

Tousi said:
Well, I assume that is about what most heads of universities in the USA make so bravo for Jordan, a deafie.

yes correct !! :D

Back