Funny Thing About Rush Limbaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
and alcohol & smoking killed more people than these illicit drugs...

Cool! Then they need to stay illicit. So the death rate of those type of drugs, can stay low.

Cool! Then they need to stay illicit. So the death rate of those type of drugs, can stay low.

then what about alcohol and smoking? let's make it illegal too!

Is there nothing to be said about addiction? A kid tries a sip of alcohol is at the same risk for addiction as a kid trying a line of coke?

Why do you think alcohol and smoking killed more people than these illicit drugs? Because they are LEGAL.....thus more widespread use. That's like saying "More people get killed driving cars than motorcycles. Therefore, cars are more dangerous."

Making alcohol and tobacco legal is a way for us to be able to have some SORT of freedom. If they were illegal, wouldn't we be leaning towards an utilitarian society? If we want something in between anarchy and "big brother" type of society, then we must have a balance between legal/illegal things and use our common sense. We can't just use blind consistency to make "well if this is legal, then we must make that legal too." (or make everything illegal)

then what about alcohol and smoking? let's make it illegal too!

:lol:

you know what? Take a look at what you just posted.

Well the government had to make a choice on what they can legalize. Marijuana may be the next legal drug. Who knows... They have to Tax something to keep the illicits off the streets.

But you really, really, want to see crack cocaine and Methamphetamine to be legalized?

Again you are compairing an asprine to a narcotic pain killer.

Both can kill. (no doubt)

Never said it didn't..

You see what I am saying, Jiro?

:lol:

you know what? Take a look at what you just posted.

Well the government had to make a choice on what they can legalize. Marijuana may be the next legal drug. Who knows... They have to Tax something to keep the illicits off the streets.

But you really, really, want to see crack cocaine and Methamphetamine to be legalized?

Again you are compairing an asprine to a narcotic pain killer.

Both can kill. (no doubt)

Never said it didn't..

You see what I am saying, Jiro?

I can easily understand your position but this is nothing more than a hypocrisy and double standard. in NJ - people don't believe in Amendment 2 and think government should ban gun just cuz it's evil evil evil thing. It kills people. omg! Personal safety and protection? That's what cops are for, right? :roll:

I'm not exactly all for legislation of all drugs but our approach toward it is wrong. Just a food for thought :)

I can easily understand your position but this is nothing more than a hypocrisy and double standard. in NJ - people don't believe in Amendment 2 and think government should ban gun just cuz it's evil evil evil thing. It kills people. omg! Personal safety and protection? That's what cops are for, right? :roll:

I'm not exactly all for legislation of all drugs but our approach toward it is wrong. Just a food for thought :)

Sure!! I see about the gun laws. :)

But they are two totally separate issues.

I would not want to say anymore, due to this thread needs to get back on topic..

Of Rush's addiction to drugs.

Do you have an old thread on gun laws or anything. Might be a better place to discuss it. Jiro. :)

Sure!! I see about the gun laws. :)

But they are two totally separate issues.

I would not want to say anymore, due to this thread needs to get back on topic..

Of Rush's addiction to drugs.

Do you have an old thread on gun laws or anything. Might be a better place to discuss it. Jiro. :)

I'm not debating about gun issue at all. I used it as an example of your selective view toward drugs. Like I said - this is all hypocrisy, double standard, aaannnddd dare we say - BIG BROTHER'ish?

I'm not debating about gun issue at all. I used it as an example of your selective view toward drugs. Like I said - this is all hypocrisy, double standard, aaannnddd dare we say - BIG BROTHER'ish?

Problem with this "hipocrisy" of which you speak, Jiro is....what's the alternative? Do you have a better way these kinds of things should be taken care of?

Problem with this "hipocrisy" of which you speak, Jiro is....what's the alternative? Do you have a better way these kinds of things should be taken care of?

what alternative you ask? none because I do not have enough expertise or in-depth knowledge in this issue but what I have is a logical view on this decades-long issue. For starter - legalizing marijuana makes sense - economically and socially. Look at why people resort to illicit drugs. Perhaps this legalization of weed would attract people away from illicit drugs. Obviously - the key driver to succumbing to illicit drugs is economy and social pressure.

Crack is DIRTY and cheap - a very FILTHY form of cocaine. yes this ought to be banned. crack makes you feel like a superman - a heightened sense of euphoria.... and then the side effect is paranoia and aggravation when the effect wears off. Now how is this any more different from legalized medication like anti-anxiety pills? or hundred of other drugs out there? They perform the same thing that the user wants to achieve.

Speed (or Amphetamines) keeps you awake. Legalized drug for same effect - A.D.D. drugs and anti-narcoleptic drug. and now why is it that "poor man's drugs" carry harsher penalty than "rich man's drugs"?

simple.... the pharmaceutical companies' dirty greedy hands are all over this issue. Like I said previously - they are incredibly effective at stigmatizing these drugs and lobbying government into regulating it. For your views on drugs - it's a hypocrisy and double standard.... the end result of pharmaceutical companies' effective subliminal brainwashing. <putting on aluminum foil hat> :cool2:

Well, DD7's post nbr 124 was the genesis of my broader question but if you are speaking of mj only, then that's one thing. As for all other illicit drugs, how is it hypocrisy to agree with laws legislated for the greater good of society? As for the pharmaceutical industry, don't get me started! :lol:

Well, DD7's post nbr 124 was the genesis of my broader question but if you are speaking of mj only, then that's one thing. As for all other illicit drugs, how is it hypocrisy to agree with laws legislated for the greater good of society? As for the pharmaceutical industry, don't get me started! :lol:

hypocrisy you ask? for example - BAN MARIJUANA! it's bad! because it makes people dummmmb and it will cause lot of accidents. well gee........ look at alcohol.....

hypocrisy you ask? for example - BAN MARIJUANA! it's bad! because it makes people dummmmb and it will cause lot of accidents. well gee........ look at alcohol.....

Oh, that, lol. Well, I don't have strong feelings one way or another because I am not armed with very much information so I guess I will just get out of the way. :lol:

Oh, that, lol. Well, I don't have strong feelings one way or another because I am not armed with very much information so I guess I will just get out of the way. :lol:

hey - me either but I simply have a logical view on it.

Jiro--always locked and loaded, safety off...

Tousi--magazine in hand, safety on....

Jiro--always locked and loaded, safety off...

Tousi--magazine in hand, safety on....

my gun is loaded but never a bullet in chamber. and there's no safety switch. FINGER OFF is my safety (no pun intended) :)

Guys after my own tender heart :naughty:

ASLGAL - 40/locked loaded no safety
357 Magnum loaded and shiny (still a fav. of mine)
AR mag fully loaded and snapped
SKS same/same just an around the house toy.

;-D

Guys after my own tender heart :naughty:

ASLGAL - 40/locked loaded no safety
357 Magnum loaded and shiny (still a fav. of mine)
AR mag fully loaded and snapped
SKS same/same just an around the house toy.

;-D

Now why do I think I'll see a shootout soon? :giggle: You guys are armed and dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back