Frustration with stupid Hearies

Firstly, you can't send PMs until you have over a certain number of post. So if you just joined, you will have to get X amount of posts in before you can PM anyone within the forums. I think the number is 10? I am not sure what the exact number on this forum is.

I thought it was 5 but it must be 10 as the OP now has 10 posts.

I thought it was 5 but it must be 10 as the OP now has 10 posts.

The OP still have 8 posts and yes, she will get up to 10 posts in order to have Private Message on her profile. She is new to this and so is oOtalulaOo.

Yep, it got to be 10 posts. :)

Lol I may be new... but sadly I don't shut up. I maxed my pm out a long time ago. I totally forgot that there was a posting requirement to receive pms. Haha. I know I'm horrible. But thanks guys! :)

Lol I may be new... but sadly I don't shut up. I maxed my pm out a long time ago. I totally forgot that there was a posting requirement to receive pms. Haha. I know I'm horrible. But thanks guys! :)

chatterbox.gif

I always carry little notepad in my pocket-purse. Most hearing people that I meet are patient with me.

I never knew posting requirements to receive pm or could max out..i know ten seconds between posts..my pm tend be on a return very rarely send them unless answering

Thank you all for commenting on my post. I've been thinking about it a lot and for me, I think I understand that Most people don't have experience with Deaf or HoH people so they act stupid around us. I'm not saying it's an excuse for being rude, but I try to understand why they act the way they do sometimes.
However, because I have Ménière's Disease (MD) I have bad episodes that are almost like seizures, and because of it, I have come in contact with a lot of different EMS/ER staff. Before I was diagnosed I had a bad episode and fell. I was completely Deaf, dizzy, and really REALLY scared. One of the nurses kept yelling at me and refused to write anything down because (later I was told) she thought I was faking it for attention. It's horrible rude hearies like that who make me hate humanity sometimes. And I think because I have had a few interactions like that, I hold a bit of a grudge against them all, which I understand isn't fair to them. But I do live in a fearful state that when my next episode hits, I'll face more ignorant people who will treat me cruelly.

Thank you all for commenting on my post. I've been thinking about it a lot and for me, I think I understand that Most people don't have experience with Deaf or HoH people so they act stupid around us. I'm not saying it's an excuse for being rude, but I try to understand why they act the way they do sometimes.
However, because I have Ménière's Disease (MD) I have bad episodes that are almost like seizures, and because of it, I have come in contact with a lot of different EMS/ER staff. Before I was diagnosed I had a bad episode and fell. I was completely Deaf, dizzy, and really REALLY scared. One of the nurses kept yelling at me and refused to write anything down because (later I was told) she thought I was faking it for attention. It's horrible rude hearies like that who make me hate humanity sometimes. And I think because I have had a few interactions like that, I hold a bit of a grudge against them all, which I understand isn't fair to them. But I do live in a fearful state that when my next episode hits, I'll face more ignorant people who will treat me cruelly.

I don't think it hearie just think bad nurse you happened be deaf a blind person would been treated just as bad...hating humanity bc of one stupid nurse is drastic and holding grudges will make you live in fearful state and it possible you may never have another episode many dont

Oh my gosh, girl. I am so sorry that you had to go through something like that. I just want you to know that you are not alone... as far as medical staff not believing you. If you'd like, I could totally send my story to you in a PM. I know that it won't solve what you're going through, but it is somewhat relatable and might help you cope. Because when I went through my storm all I wanted was for someone to listen and to understand what I was talking about. Instead they just shrugged their shoulders and kinda starred at me like I was from another planet when I desperately searched for someone who could relate.

When you are going through something as scary as a medical crisis and the doctors are acting like you are making it up, it's one of the worst feelings you can experience. Do let me know if you want to talk. I kinda want to know what happened... if you're okay with sharing.

I been back and forth to hospital for days now and found medical staff mixed bunch some sensitive to deafness other feel bad they unable to sign

In your case a medical bracelet with as much info as you can get on it would be helpful. Medical personnel would have to believe you. Wishing you all the best.

I don't think it hearie just think bad nurse you happened be deaf a blind person would been treated just as bad...hating humanity bc of one stupid nurse is drastic and holding grudges will make you live in fearful state and it possible you may never have another episode many dont

It's not just that one nurse. Like I said, I've run into quite a few of them that act like that. The worst part is that they are trained and should be more accommodating and understanding. It's their job.

In your case a medical bracelet with as much info as you can get on it would be helpful. Medical personnel would have to believe you. Wishing you all the best.

I do wear one now, and it does help in most situations

It's not just that one nurse. Like I said, I've run into quite a few of them that act like that. The worst part is that they are trained and should be more accommodating and understanding. It's their job.

it is their job but surely not every nurse or medic like that you met.
they maybe trained but not their fault not had deaf awareness training..people all different,you looking for the bad when you can see the good who everyday joe

Back