From a person that hates deaf people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are deaf people who purposefully manipulate the hearing, but in my experience there are a far greater percentage of the hearing who both consciously and unconsciously manipulate the deaf. That's even sadder.

No kidding, I know exactly what you are talking about. I see it sometimes. I would say most of them do it unconsciously. :-/

Actually, it just show that you are insecure about your friends. You are "ashamed" of your deaf friends that you won't even let the hearing people know you are friends with them.

Clearly, you do see something wrong with your deaf friends if you feel the need to keep them apart.

Maybe so... might be due to his or her comfort zone. Yet he or she should not be ashamed like you mentioned.

what's his problem?
i advise..strongly advise for this guy to get some professional help
he;s shouldnt even be allowed to deaf/HOH people like tht.>=O

I have just one Facebook account with my hearing and deaf friends on it and nobody in my list hated anyone over who's friends with who on Facebook.

Actually, it just show that you are insecure about your friends. You are "ashamed" of your deaf friends that you won't even let the hearing people know you are friends with them.

Clearly, you do see something wrong with your deaf friends if you feel the need to keep them apart.

Bzzt, you're wrong, Banjo.

Not the reason why.

It's because of past experiences that made me separate those two groups; suppose that deaf friend posted an embarrassing memory abt me that would completely damage my reputation and make the hearies go like "uhh .... :ugh: " and suddenly rarely speak to me - I'd be pissed as hell and would spend hours, if not days, trying to fix that mistake. Not worth my time to do that shit, FYI.

I made a similar post like that earlier somewhere in the Deaf Education section of this site.

Edit: found it.

Here

Maybe so... might be due to his or her comfort zone. Yet he or she should not be ashamed like you mentioned.

Precisely. By the way, I'm a he, lol.

Bzzt, you're wrong, Banjo.

Not the reason why.

It's because of past experiences that made me separate those two groups; suppose that deaf friend posted an embarrassing memory abt me that would completely damage my reputation and make the hearies go like "uhh .... :ugh: " and suddenly rarely speak to me - I'd be pissed as hell and would spend hours, if not days, trying to fix that mistake. Not worth my time to do that shit, FYI.

I made a similar post like that earlier somewhere in the Deaf Education section of this site.

Edit: found it.

Here

Precisely. By the way, I'm a he, lol.

Thank you for proving me right. :ty:

I have just one Facebook account with my hearing and deaf friends on it and nobody in my list hated anyone over who's friends with who on Facebook.

Same here...no problems with my hearing and deaf friends on FB. If someone makes a big issue or drama from my FB profile, then that means they do not have productive lives.

Thank you for proving me right. :ty:

Whatever. I have my reasons for separating the groups.

Surely if you're in my shoes and with an experience like mine (as described in the link I provided to my earlier post), you would have done the same thing.

Doesn't mean that I'm "insecure" with the deafies. Once I managed to get both a chosen deaf friend and a chosen hearing friend together for dining out. Both of those friends are good ones - that won't blab about past experiences. See how picky I can get?

It's all about trust.

Whatever. I have my reasons for separating the groups.

Surely if you're in my shoes and with an experience like mine (as described in the link I provided to my earlier post), you would have done the same thing.

Doesn't mean that I'm "insecure" with the deafies. Once I managed to get both a chosen deaf friend and a chosen hearing friend together for dining out. Both of those friends are good ones - that won't blab about past experiences. See how picky I can get?

It's all about trust.

The past will come back to haunt you. You obviously don't realize that no matter what you do, you will reap what you sow for the bad choices you made in the past. It's not my fault that you did some things you may not be proud of. You made these choices yourself. So you end up punishing yourself and your deaf friends.

It has nothing to do with trust. It's more to do with your insecurities.

The past will come back to haunt you. You obviously don't realize that no matter what you do, you will reap what you sow for the bad choices you made in the past. It's not my fault that you did some things you may not be proud of. You made these choices yourself. So you end up punishing yourself and your deaf friends.

It has nothing to do with trust. It's more to do with your insecurities.

*rolls eyes*

Haunt me? Like how? I could move to a whole new state and move on with someone. If that someone asks me what my HS years are like, I'd go like "huh? you meant the black years?" and she or he would gulp and say no more. We'd talk about my past years as a kid, then move on to 7th grade, and literally "fast forward" my HS years and talk about my college years.

If those dumbass deaf kids didn't constantly pick on me in the first place, then maybe the whole separation of the groups on Facebook would not have happened. Ever thought of that, Banjo? Of course you didn't; you just go on with your wild "theory" about me being insecure. Didn't you even read what I said in my post I linked earlier explaining everything? I'm sure there are thousands, if not millions, of kids who are just like me, with bad HS pasts. Does that mean those kids with bad HS pasts are "automatically insecure," as stated in your "theory?" Pfft.

I have already told a few college friends all about it and they completely understood. And, yes I already knew that if I kept it all to myself, I'd go nuts.

But ahh whatever. I'm not gonna argue with you any longer because as they say, "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics." Let's keep it at the fact that I *know* for sure I'm right, and if you think I'm wrong, fine keep it that way but don't put me down and say that I'm "insecure" because as far as I'm concerned, my plans are going with the flow. And, no I'm not gonna end up in the mental hospital.

End of discussion.

Everybody here can see that you have unresolved issues. You're the one in denial.

(shrugs)

Everybody here can see that you have unresolved issues. You're the one in denial.

(shrugs)

Well, Every person have a different point of view of what to put in the Facebook. If they want to separate between Deaf and Hearing on the Facebook, then that is their business. You can not argue when someone don't want to put Deaf people or about deafness in the Facebook.

As for myself, I don't mind putting both Deaf and Hearing people in my Facebook and nobody complain about it at all. I like to share my deafness with my hearing friends and I have several deaf friends in my Facebook as well. No problem for me. It is up to the person to make the decision and who is stopping them. None!!! So leave SnazzyStyle alone. I love Deaf people and sometime I get crazy Deaf people too, who are just trying to figure themselves out why they have crazy life. :naughty:

I only have one FB account -- I think it adds to my character that my hearing and deaf friends learn a bit from each other about me. Whatever my friends post, they are responsible for their comments and their experiences... and I for mine and my experiences. I own my experiences and who I am. Real friends would like you for who you are, and that has more value to me than maintaining the quantity of friends. Besides, it is a hassle for me to switch between two worlds being either of the half the person I am.

Another thought: Which is worse, a hearing person who hates deaf people.. or a deaf person who hates hearing people?

I only have one FB account -- I think it adds to my character that my hearing and deaf friends learn a bit from each other about me. Whatever my friends post, they are responsible for their comments and their experiences... and I for mine and my experiences. I own my experiences and who I am. Real friends would like you for who you are, and that has more value to me than maintaining the quantity of friends. Besides, it is a hassle for me to switch between two worlds being either of the half the person I am.

Another thought: Which is worse, a hearing person who hates deaf people.. or a deaf person who hates hearing people?

Yeah, or a deaf person who hates all deaf folks? :giggle:

Very astute observation, Banjo!

I agree...it is like segregation by separating deaf from the hearing folks or vice versa. It is silly. If my hubby had two fb accounts, one centered for his black friends (his "people") and one centered for his white friends..he would get hell for it big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back