Free HA

Kender

Reaction score
That's right I said free. I live in florida and just became aware of state funding that pays for your HAs through a vocational rehab....which just means if you need to hear to work your in. If you have insurance then this will supplement that so you have $0 cost and if you have no insurance coverage then the program pays for it all. Different areas in FL require different hoops to be jumped through but in my area it seems to be fairly simple. I had already setup to order a pair of resound azure HAs through my audie, but this place uses either siemens or phonak. I am leaning towards the phonak, either the savia art mini-bte or the audeo. They both have some really cool features and colors to choose from. Has anyone used either of these and if so what did you think?

Thanks

I'm wearing a Savia Art on my left (non-implanted) ear, and I quite like it. Not sure it's "mini", though, unless there are two Savia Arts? Anyway: good sound, and some *really* effective feedback canceling.

The one downside is that the microphone filter clogs fairly frequently (every month or two, or if I'm out in the rain with it), but it's easy to put in a new one - just ask your audi to give you a pack of spares.

Phonak - Savia Art

Which type do you have? I am looking at the smaller ones on the right with thin tube and open fitting. I like all the options it has and the auto switching from one program to the next. Also the pocket controls for adjusting both aids at once is cool. Then some models have the wireless built in so that it is compatible with thier receivers (kinda like t-coil and a neck loop) but with bluetooth on some. This place that I am going to on thursday says they do mainly siemens but that some phonak models are available.....I hope this is one of them.

I think I saw a vido of swapping the filters and it looked easy enough, just need the little tool to do it.

Thanks

I have my second set of hearing aids that were paid by the state's rehab services because I am a client. My audiologist talked me into "coming into the 21st century" with digital hearing aids. Gee, I didn't realize I was so out of it! :D I guess I'm just a sucker for a sales pitch. I have two Starkey bte's.

A lot of vocational rehabilitation centers do the same thing. I got my hearing aid free before I went to college. :)

That's right I said free. I live in florida and just became aware of state funding that pays for your HAs through a vocational rehab....which just means if you need to hear to work your in. If you have insurance then this will supplement that so you have $0 cost and if you have no insurance coverage then the program pays for it all. Different areas in FL require different hoops to be jumped through but in my area it seems to be fairly simple. I had already setup to order a pair of resound azure HAs through my audie, but this place uses either siemens or phonak. I am leaning towards the phonak, either the savia art mini-bte or the audeo. They both have some really cool features and colors to choose from. Has anyone used either of these and if so what did you think?

Thanks

My experience with my daughter who was on MA at one time was that when a gov. program (in this case the medical assistance) would pay for the HA's but they only have certain models that they will pay for. Not sure if it's still that way but my guess would be that it probably is. Hope that the one you want is available. Good luck.

Back