For the cigarette smokers and non-smokers too !!! Pass onto your family !!!!!

If hookah is illegal here in USA, then how come we have them in the store. We have hookah pipes here.

I would not know because I do not go to those types of stores and many people have been arrested for drug paraphernalia which means smoking pipes, rolling papers, crack smoking tubes for the expressed purpose of smoking prohibited items here in the U.S.A. which is a huge problem also you will see on the t.v. show " Cops " many people are arrested for drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia as well as in real life too.

I have heard of returning U.S. Servicemen who have smuggled in hookahs in parts to assemble back together. They have been arrested for possession of a hookah which is a smoking pipe from the Middle East. To hint you in, most returning U.S. Servicemen use it for marijuana and more importantly the returning U.S. Servicemen have smuggled in khat which is essentially a more powerful form of chewing tobbacco and once the U.S. Servicemen chew khat. They discard their Copeghan's and Skoals for the highly addictive form of khat. Some even use hookahs to smoke opium in the Middle East. There is a booming khat drug trade around Fort Drum, N.Y. as well as several military bases around the country but the khat once brought here does not hold the same power, taste and texture as it did in the Middle East. I think it has to do with the quality of the air that affects the khat.

OK I made a mistake, Heath. I'm sorry. I thought you were saying that smoking is illegal in the US, but I think you meant the hookah. I didn't read carefully enough. :Oops:

I have heard about that...if you are using it for drugs other than the prescribed tobacco, its fatal!! I think I remember an Egyptian telling me that the amount of tar in the Hookah is unbelievable!!

Kashveera

So what would be safe to buy for smoking with hookah to relax if I visit Egypt ?

So what would be safe to buy for smoking with hookah to relax if I visit Egypt ?

Heath, by a tobacco that is flavoured, my brother tried it out...But, once in a while is fine, but don't overdo the hookah!!

Kashveera

Heath, by a tobacco that is flavoured, my brother tried it out...But, once in a while is fine, but don't overdo the hookah!!

Kashveera

Okay Thank you Kashveera, do they sell flavored tobbacco in the open air market or do I have to walk in the store ? I am not really a smoker but in my younger years I have smoked cigarettes and marijuana before. That was a very long time ago in high school. I am thankful I don't smoke anymore but I would not mind trying the Hookah for the experience of it but I do stay away from hard drugs for sure !!!!!!

Okay Thank you Kashveera, do they sell flavored tobbacco in the open air market or do I have to walk in the store ? I am not really a smoker but in my younger years I have smoked cigarettes and marijuana before. That was a very long time ago in high school. I am thankful I don't smoke anymore but I would not mind trying the Hookah for the experience of it but I do stay away from hard drugs for sure !!!!!!

Heath, this flavoured tobacco is available anywhere in Egypt, trust me!! Heath, the best experience is in Sharm-el-Sheikh, where the open air markets of Naa'ma bay, that gives you the best experience!! Also if you are in Cairo, in the bustling streets of the Khan-e-Khalili, stop in one of the sidewalks, ideal place for Hookah's-just becareful!!

You may find it difficult to get used to it at first, my brother said he battled!!

Kashveera

I would not know because I do not go to those types of stores and many people have been arrested for drug paraphernalia which means smoking pipes, rolling papers, crack smoking tubes for the expressed purpose of smoking prohibited items here in the U.S.A. which is a huge problem also you will see on the t.v. show " Cops " many people are arrested for drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia as well as in real life too.

It is not illegal to own it as u claim it. Here in the mall, u can find one at tobacco shop. U know we have many people from mideastern live here and they smoke it here just alike people here smoke cigar, pipe, cig etc... I know we have drug problems all over place but it does not mean we have to forbid those people who from mid eastertn to smoke it with some kind of fruits in it.

Yeah that's true. I smoke also, but not around my kids nor around people who don't smoke unless it don't bother them. Rather it be in my car or in my house. I'd make sure its ok with them. If not then I'll go outside. But sometimes I'm to lazy for that so I'll just suffer the craving LoL.

One thing that burns my ass though. Is when the government raises the cigarette tax like Governor Mitch Daniels did not long ago. So he could make it harder for teenagers to get them? Oh please what that stupid MFer don't realize is that teenagers get weed easier then cigarettes. But oh well, don't really think he cares because for tax money for The State of Indiana blah:pissed:

:thumb: @ Oceanbreeze

If smokers invite you in their home and smoke around you, and not showing the respect of your health, You could make a choice, leave and don't ever go back there, or ask them nicely if they could smoke outside. If they don't then you know they don't even care about you and your health. :)

There are people like me who have highly respect for others who would go outside and smoke, and I always ask my friends if they mind if I smoke, when I'm outside talking to them. Ask GalaxyAngel, RebelGirl, Tweetybird, and those who met me in real life. They're tell you. ;)

:thumb: @ Oceanbreeze

If smokers invite you in their home and smoke around you, and not showing the respect of your health, You could make a choice, leave and don't ever go back there, or ask them nicely if they could smoke outside. If they don't then you know they don't even care about you and your health. :)

There are people like me who have highly respect for others who would go outside and smoke, and I always ask my friends if they mind if I smoke, when I'm outside talking to them. Ask GalaxyAngel, RebelGirl, Tweetybird, and those who met me in real life. They're tell you. ;)

*nodding agreement*

Yes, its about respect.

I have friends who ask me if they may smoke front of me... I like their manner. I have no problem to have smokers to smoke outside while they chat with me.

Honestly!!

I don't smoke, and no one in my family does!! But I have to face smokers every day on campus, and you know what annoys me the most, in a public building, you aren't allowed to smoke, and there will be NO SMOKE SIGNS everywhere, but still people will smoke right in front of those NO SMOKE SIGNS!! how crazy!! I think they are also devoid of any respect!!

Kashveera

Oh dear, this is disrespectful. They should show their respect on signal where they should not smoke.

I agree with you, our ciggarette warnings, are almost half of the actual ciggarette box itself, but then people turn blind, even though its in big red letters. Its their choice at the end of the day, they must live with it!!

Kashveera

Yes I'm agree that it's people's choice.

That's true.

Just for grins:

I am a non-smoker, and I have allergies. I suffer when I've been around a lot of smoke. My parents are also former smokers, and as mentioned, my sister is a smoker. As bad as I hate smoking, it's around me. I also am smart enough to realize that I'm not going to change others. You're better off saving the lecture and protecting yourself, if need be.

Yes I'm agree with you on this. We can't change people because they are adult and know what they doing. What we doing is protect ourselves.

This is very interesting, I was in Egypt recently, and I saw people smoking the Hookah, thats even worse!!

Kashveera

Yes Egypt is not alone but Turkey and Tunsia, Africa as well. I have seen them. Of course I had been tried and don't like it...

I would LOVE to see smoking banned in and near all public places. If people want to smoke in the privacy of their own home, fine. I think I should be able to go to a bar to meet friends for a couple drinks and come home without smelling like the Marlboro Man. I think if I want to get into a building, I shouldn't have to wade through a bunch of smokers just to get inside.

Tobacco is a drug that kills thousands upon thousands a year (roughly 400k people per year), yet it is LEGAL. That blows my mind.

Exactly. I'm a non-smoker myself, but a dear friend of mine is a smoker. I know it's bad for her. She knows it's bad for her, so why should we spend time arguing over the point? A smoker will either assume the risks and keep on smoking, or they will decide to quit. It's not up to us to harp on it.

Enough, already.

You forgot to mention that after all that, she can sue the cigarette people for causing her illness.

You forgot to mention that after all that, she can sue the cigarette people for causing her illness.

many had already sued cigarettes companies and failed...people still smoke in spite of warnings... i still smoke.... not in the house,, i smoke outside or in garage...

No, non-smokers can´t do anything to sue smokers and the smokers also can´t do anything to sue tabacco companies because they knows the health of tabacco...

Non-smokers should do something is keep away from smokers or whatever...but they choose to near smokers... as the same as the smokers as well.. .The smokers aware about health but they choose to smoke...

many had already sued cigarettes companies and failed...people still smoke in spite of warnings... i still smoke.... not in the house,, i smoke outside or in garage...

Yes, everyone knows thru warning sign label... Don´t they read tabacco warning sign label?

I would LOVE to see smoking banned in and near all public places. If people want to smoke in the privacy of their own home, fine. I think I should be able to go to a bar to meet friends for a couple drinks and come home without smelling like the Marlboro Man. I think if I want to get into a building, I shouldn't have to wade through a bunch of smokers just to get inside.

Tobacco is a drug that kills thousands upon thousands a year (roughly 400k people per year), yet it is LEGAL. That blows my mind.

I know in South Africa, thank the lord for this, smoking is banned in all public places, like certain shopping malls, literally ban people from entering for like a year if they are caught smoking! Whilst certain public places have stretched the law to the fullest extent, some places couldn't be bothered!!

Kashveera

Yes Egypt is not alone but Turkey and Tunsia, Africa as well. I have seen them. Of course I had been tried and don't like it...

I wouldn't know, but my brother said you got to get used to the taste, and the waterpipe is even worse...so lets not go there!!

Kashveera

Back