For the cigarette smokers and non-smokers too !!! Pass onto your family !!!!!

True, but in this country we've literally beat that into the ground. People are aware of the dangers, but it's their choice to continue smoking. It's stupid, yes, but who am I to take the cig out of their mouth? The person would just be really angry at me, and I'd also probably get burnt for my trouble. It's not worth it to be militant about it.

It's like this... The person will either quit of their own accord, or they will contract and die from one of the smoking related illnesses. It's really that cut and dry.

I agree with you, our ciggarette warnings, are almost half of the actual ciggarette box itself, but then people turn blind, even though its in big red letters. Its their choice at the end of the day, they must live with it!!

Kashveera

I agree with you, our ciggarette warnings, are almost half of the actual ciggarette box itself, but then people turn blind, even though its in big red letters. Its their choice at the end of the day, they must live with it!!

Kashveera

That's true.

Just for grins:

I am a non-smoker, and I have allergies. I suffer when I've been around a lot of smoke. My parents are also former smokers, and as mentioned, my sister is a smoker. As bad as I hate smoking, it's around me. I also am smart enough to realize that I'm not going to change others. You're better off saving the lecture and protecting yourself, if need be.

That's true.

Just for grins:

I am a non-smoker, and I have allergies. I suffer when I've been around a lot of smoke. My parents are also former smokers, and as mentioned, my sister is a smoker. As bad as I hate smoking, it's around me. I also am smart enough to realize that I'm not going to change others. You're better off saving the lecture and protecting yourself, if need be.

Honestly!!

I don't smoke, and no one in my family does!! But I have to face smokers every day on campus, and you know what annoys me the most, in a public building, you aren't allowed to smoke, and there will be NO SMOKE SIGNS everywhere, but still people will smoke right in front of those NO SMOKE SIGNS!! how crazy!! I think they are also devoid of any respect!!

Kashveera

Oceanbreeze, Let me ask you a question .....

Who do you think, carefully worded these words to be of an truth when it is really not a truth at all.

The big companies want you to recite those statements to be of an accepted truth when it is not truthful at all.

Those big companies carefully engineered those words, sayings and statements and studied human behavior for one purpose:

Money.

Oceanbreeze, Let me ask you a question .....

Who do you think carefully worded these words to be of an truth when it is really not a truth at all.

The big companies want you to recite those statements to be of an accepted truth when it is not truthful at all.

Those big companies carefully engineered those words, sayings and statements for one purpose:

Money.

OK I agree with you, partially. The tobacco companies have a product and they want to sell it. But, my point is this... You're NOT going to keep an individual from buying it. You can scream about the dangers until you're blue in the face, and scream that it's all about the tobacco companies, but you're still not going to keep people from smoking. Why?

Individual choice. Each person has the right to decide this for themselves, and no amount of preaching is going to change that.

Honestly!!

I don't smoke, and no one in my family does!! But I have to face smokers every day on campus, and you know what annoys me the most, in a public building, you aren't allowed to smoke, and there will be NO SMOKE SIGNS everywhere, but still people will smoke right in front of those NO SMOKE SIGNS!! how crazy!! I think they are also devoid of any respect!!

Kashveera

Sounds like rude and inconsiderate people. Unfortunately, that happens as well. I agree that if a smoker wants to smoke, they should do it in appropriate areas.

Sounds like rude and inconsiderate people. Unfortunately, that happens as well. I agree that if a smoker wants to smoke, they should do it in appropriate areas.

You said it perfectly...

For inconsiderate smokers, go outside!!

Just being sarcastic!!

Kashveera

OK I agree with you, partially. The tobacco companies have a product and they want to sell it. But, my point is this... You're NOT going to keep an individual from buying it. You can scream about the dangers until you're blue in the face, and scream that it's all about the tobacco companies, but you're still not going to keep people from smoking. Why?

Individual choice. Each person has the right to decide this for themselves, and no amount of preaching is going to change that.

If people want to smoke then they can grow their own 100 % natural tobbacco. I have been all throughout the South. Many of the farmers who grow tobbacco do not smoke big companie's cigarettes. They have their own tobbacco and rolling papers with no chemicals in the tobbacco at all. Some tobbaco farmers don't use rolling papers. They just wrap another tobbacco leaf into the tobbacco and smoke it naturally. What's up with those man-made chemicals in those cigarette sticks ? And why do tobbacco farmers only smoke from the tobbacco fields and not buy tobbacco from the store ? They know the truth.

If people want to smoke then they can grow their own 100 % natural tobbacco. I have been all throughout the South. Many of the farmers who grow tobbacco do not smoke big companie's cigarettes. They have their own tobbacco and rolling papers with no chemicals in the tobbacco at all. Some tobbaco farmers don't use rolling papers. They just wrap another tobbacco leaf into the tobbacco and smoke it naturally. What's up with those man-made chemicals in those cigarette sticks ? And why do tobbacco farmers only smoke from the tobbacco fields and not buy tobbacco from the store ? They know the truth.

This is very interesting, I was in Egypt recently, and I saw people smoking the Hookah, thats even worse!!

Kashveera

That might be true, but come on, lets be realistic. It's easier to go and buy it. The only reasonable way you can curb smoking is raise the price of cigarettes. That might have a bit of an effect, but even that's not going to curb the hardcore smoker.

This is very interesting, I was in Egypt recently, and I saw people smoking the Hookah, thats even worse!!

Kashveera

The hookah pipes also seem to be popular in Iraq and Afghanstain. Several U.S. Servicemen have brought home hookahs which is technically illegal.

For those who are not sure what a hookah is, Here is a description and there is a picture of a hookah in Egypt at:

Hookah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The hookah pipes also seem to be popular in Iraq and Afghanstain. Several U.S. Servicemen have brought home hookahs which is technically illegal.

For those who are not sure what a hookah is, Here is a description and there is a picture of a hookah in Egypt at:

Don't tell me that...I got one home!! as a souvenir!! But we didn't buy any of the tobacco!! But then I'm in SA...

Kashveera

Don't tell me that...I got one home!! as a souvenir!! But we didn't buy any of the tobacco!! But then I'm in SA...

Kashveera

Hi Kashveera, You should be fine in SA. The problem is that it is technically illegal here in the U.S.A.

If hookah is illegal here in USA, then how come we have them in the store. We have hookah pipes here.

Can you prove that?

I have heard of returning U.S. Servicemen who have smuggled in hookahs in parts to assemble back together. They have been arrested for possession of a hookah which is a smoking pipe from the Middle East. To hint you in, most returning U.S. Servicemen use it for marijuana and more importantly the returning U.S. Servicemen have smuggled in khat which is essentially a more powerful form of chewing tobbacco and once the U.S. Servicemen chew khat. They discard their Copeghan's and Skoals for the highly addictive form of khat. Some even use hookahs to smoke opium in the Middle East. There is a booming khat drug trade around Fort Drum, N.Y. as well as several military bases around the country but the khat once brought here does not hold the same power, taste and texture as it did in the Middle East. I think it has to do with the quality of the air that affects the khat.

I have heard of returning U.S. Servicemen who have smuggled in hookahs in parts to assemble back together. They have been arrested for possession of a hookah which is a smoking pipe from the Middle East. To hint you in, most returning U.S. Servicemen use it for marijuana and more importantly the returning U.S. Servicemen have smuggled in khat which is essentially a more powerful form of chewing tobbacco and once the U.S. Servicemen chew khat. They discard their Copeghan's and Skoals for the highly addictive form of khat. Some even use hookahs to smoke opium in the Middle East. There is a booming khat drug trade around Fort Drum, N.Y. as well as several military bases around the country but the khat once brought here does not hold the same power, taste and texture as it did in the Middle East. I think it has to do with the quality of the air that affects the khat.

I have heard about that...if you are using it for drugs other than the prescribed tobacco, its fatal!! I think I remember an Egyptian telling me that the amount of tar in the Hookah is unbelievable!!

Kashveera

Back