For Skilling and Lay, no posh prisons

And then these crooks had the nerve, on national television, to quote Romans 8:28. My god, you've got to be kidding! They'll make wonderful "wives" for the other men in the big house! :eek2: :roll:

pek1 said:
And then these crooks had the nerve, on national television, to quote Romans 8:28. My god, you've got to be kidding! They'll make wonderful "wives" for the other men in the big house! :eek2: :roll:

And who are you to judge and condemn? All I have seen you do is spew the worst hate not only upon them but upon their wives and children. Remember that the thief who was crucified next to Jesus was accepted when he repented. Obviously we don't know if any of their statements are genuine, but on the chance that they are, you do not want to get caught on the wrong side with such hatred in your heart.

Yeah Rose Immortal and I told Pek1 in another post on one of the another threads I think on a drunk driving accident where the 2 girl's bodies were a case of mistaken identity. I told Pek1 that I was very disturbed by him as a journalist to be that very cold towards these 2 families and now I am reading this here. It just bothers me that he is a very cold journalist. Clearly the Bible says to leave women and children alone, and to protect the women and children at all costs. If there is any wrong doing on the woman's part and she really knew what she was doing was illegal then she will be held accountable and may do maybe 2 or 3 years in prison then get out and be back with her kids. Like I said it is not normal for a woman to be sent to prison. I have no problem sending guys to the big house. The guys can fight there for all I care but for a woman to be sent to prison, all kinds of alarm warning bells go off in my stomach and my mind. That was not right of you to say that about the women and her kids. I know I saw the Biblical verse in the New Testament that says to leave women and children alone. I can't find it right now but when I do find it then I will post the Biblical verse.

Todays paper "A Woman of Conviction"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/09/AR2006060901922.html

I was told that Kenneth Lay's wife Linda Lay and
their 5 children still hide and keep their houses from Enron's money
None of them are going to the Jail. Is this true ?
Their five children including Robyn, Elizabeth, Mark
and other two names were NOT mentioned here.
I never knew that his son-in-law used to work for
their family's charitable foundation.

Looks like all of their children are adults and
still keep their houses.

Hmm... What do u think is fair ?

Only time will tell, and I do not think they have chance to keep their house *unless* they have enough money to cover civil court lawsuits which is likely have "class-action" suit than single plantliff. Too many people lost their money oiver 401k, stockholding, etc. As you see, now that there is conviction on both of crooks, these plantliff already have proof! That is all they need, a conviction from criminal court. Once there is conviction, it is very easy to sue the convict in civil court for any wrongdoing and punitive damages. But without conviction, it just make harder to sue in civil court.

Y said:
Todays paper "A Woman of Conviction"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/09/AR2006060901922.html

I was told that Kenneth Lay's wife Linda Lay and
their 5 children still hide and keep their houses from Enron's money
None of them are going to the Jail. Is this true ?
Their five children including Robyn, Elizabeth, Mark
and other two names were NOT mentioned here.
I never knew that his son-in-law used to work for
their family's charitable foundation.

Looks like all of their children are adults and
still keep their houses.

Hmm... What do u think is fair ?

If the children are proven innocent--even if they ARE adults--they should not be punished. If they were knowingly involved, then I say the same as I did about spouses in the same situation. But taking revenge on people who were NOT involved is out of line no matter how much you want vengeance.

Whoa!

I wonder if his conscience got to him in the end. That would sure explain the stress.

We had a convicted white-collar criminal come in to talk to our business classes awhile back, and that was one thing that stuck out in his lecture--in his case he said the stress was so bad that he almost killed himself.

Rose Immortal said:
Whoa!

I wonder if his conscience got to him in the end. That would sure explain the stress.

We had a convicted white-collar criminal come in to talk to our business classes awhile back, and that was one thing that stuck out in his lecture--in his case he said the stress was so bad that he almost killed himself.

I'm shocked, too. But, I don't think his conscience got to him. The stress probably did, though.

Ironic, isn't it?

Gee, this is gonna make it harder for victims to sue his families for the damages. Reason? He has not been "Convicted" yet! When a person becomes convicted is the time when he/she received the sentence. But because he has NOT received the sentence (due to his death), it means he will NEVER be convicted. Court can't convict a dead body.
But this is really interesting!

Oceanbreeze said:
Lay won't have to worry about prison. He received the ultimate punishment for his crimes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060705/ts_nm/enron_lay_dc

diehardbiker65 said:
Gee, this is gonna make it harder for victims to sue his families for the damages. Reason? He has not been "Convicted" yet! When a person becomes convicted is the time when he/she received the sentence. But because he has NOT received the sentence (due to his death), it means he will NEVER be convicted. Court can't convict a dead body.

Er, no. He was convicted. He just wasn't sentenced in a court of law.

As for suits, that is moot. Chances are good that any families who tried to sue, wouldn't see a dime, anyway. It's a good bet that these people would declare bankruptcy, and that would eliminate any chance the families had of every seeing a dime from any award that could've been awarded.

Personally, I think they'd rather see them dead. It saves them the time and energy it would take to go through another trial.

diehardbiker65 said:

Probably his wife drugged him to death so that she obtains his money rather than her husband is suing by Enron shareholders...

oh i guess that means his family wife and kids
will keep his vacation house in Colorado and
everything else etc....

He was found guilty. I do know how the court works. Nope, he is NOT yet convicted. There is two different meaning here, Guilty, means juror found a person to be guilty of crime, and convict means judge has complete the sentence.

Oceanbreeze said:
Er, no. He was convicted. He just wasn't sentenced in a court of law.

As for suits, that is moot. Chances are good that any families who tried to sue, wouldn't see a dime, anyway. It's a good bet that these people would declare bankruptcy, and that would eliminate any chance the families had of every seeing a dime from any award that could've been awarded.

Personally, I think they'd rather see them dead. It saves them the time and energy it would take to go through another trial.

diehardbiker65 said:
He was found guilty. I do know how the court works. Nope, he is NOT yet convicted. There is two different meaning here, Guilty, means juror found a person to be guilty of crime, and convict means judge has complete the sentence.

Sounds like mere samantics to me, but whatever. The bottom line is, we don't have to worry about him anymore. He got what he deserved, and he's worm food now. In my opinion, it saved the taxpayers some bucks.

How do I know? Maybe some of you still remember the worst mortgage scam artist, known as Mr. Robert D'amico He cheated mortgage companies of 55 million dollars! Yup whopping 55 million dollars, and the court is right here in my hometown. He was found guilty by 12 jurors, and he had cancer so forcing the sentencing date to be postponed so that D'Amico can get treatment in other state. Judge did grant permission, but because he died, the article explained that he will never be convicted because he never received the sentence. I was like whoa!!! Then I understand how it works.

I understand, but my point is the victims may lose more anyway. That is what I am talking about. Usually the victims will go to civil court after the person is convicted, then sue the convict for the damages. There are thousands of victims out there. Lost their money, some had their retirement funds wiped out and they are near their retirement, what are this victim gonna do? It is gonna hurt alot.

Oceanbreeze said:
Sounds like mere samantics to me, but whatever. The bottom line is, we don't have to worry about him anymore. He got what he deserved, and he's worm food now. In my opinion, it saved the taxpayers some bucks.

diehardbiker65 said:
How do I know? Maybe some of you still remember the worst mortgage scam artist, known as Mr. Robert D'amico He cheated mortgage companies of 55 million dollars! Yup whopping 55 million dollars, and the court is right here in my hometown. He was found guilty by 12 jurors, and he had cancer so forcing the sentencing date to be postponed so that D'Amico can get treatment in other state. Judge did grant permission, but because he died, the article explained that he will never be convicted because he never received the sentence. I was like whoa!!! Then I understand how it works.

Yeah, I understand what you meant.

It is B.S. for every cheater to avoid any conviction. They think it is better to be death rather than being in prisions. I wish I could see the greedy souls being traveling to somewhere instead of ascending to the bright glory...

diehardbiker65 said:
I understand, but my point is the victims may lose more anyway. That is what I am talking about. Usually the victims will go to civil court after the person is convicted, then sue the convict for the damages. There are thousands of victims out there. Lost their money, some had their retirement funds wiped out and they are near their retirement, what are this victim gonna do? It is gonna hurt alot.

That's true. But, even if he had gone to prison, they probably still wouldn't see a dime due to bankruptcy filings. Don't think for a min these assholes haven't sought legal counsel, and the first thing they were told to do was protect whatever assets they had left! The victims are out of their money, regardless, and I think they realize it.

Is it devestating? Unfair? Yes, but that's why I think this moron deserved what he got rather than to be sentenced. The victims are going to suffer, regardless. At least, they can take some solace in knowing he won't do to someone else, what he did to them.

Back