Fluctuating hearing loss???

**maplesyrup**

Reaction score
Hello ther ! Thank you all for your responses from my previous hearing aid post.

I'm back again, just to introduce myself mainly but this time I thought I'd upload my scores for y'all.

Freq- 250-500-750-1k-2k-4k-8k-

R 60--60--75--85--80--70--70-

L 80-80--??--90--75--75--70-

So my left ear had a perforation at the time of this. Both ears seem to fluctuate a fair bit (the conductive part. The sensorineural part hasn't moved this year I don't think) but I am sick of those damn hearing tests lmao. I went to a guy for a test, he sent me to a doctor who basically just told me to get hearing aids ASAP and then I went to the hearing aid place for a third test, so I'm tested out. Lol.

I was just wondering if any of u have experience with fluctuating loss​

Yes my hearing will fluctuate when I have a cold or raining out , I lost some hearing from an auto accident and never regain it back
Hi !

Hello ther ! Thank you all for your responses from my previous hearing aid post.

I'm back again, just to introduce myself mainly but this time I thought I'd upload my scores for y'all.

Freq- 250-500-750-1k-2k-4k-8k-

R 60--60--75--85--80--70--70-

L 80-80--??--90--75--75--70-

So my left ear had a perforation at the time of this. Both ears seem to fluctuate a fair bit (the conductive part. The sensorineural part hasn't moved this year I don't think) but I am sick of those damn hearing tests lmao. I went to a guy for a test, he sent me to a doctor who basically just told me to get hearing aids ASAP and then I went to the hearing aid place for a third test, so I'm tested out. Lol.

I was just wondering if any of u have experience with fluctuating loss​

Your hearing can fluctuate by as much as 5 to 10 dB a day, so yes, it can fluctuate. And this doesn't even take into account the difference in location of the test, different equipment being used, quietness of testing booth, etc.

I am Profoundly Deaf, I had hearing test 2 years ago and found out it has dropped down a lot more (I have got no responses for all high pitch ends of 1k, 2k, 4k and 8k)

Years ago when I was in high school, my audiologist did tell me that I will lose more residual hearings in the future. (back then I had responses of high pitch ends of 1k, 2k and 4k (the high pitch tone were around 90dbs to 120dbs range - but no response for 8k).

Back