FL. Loses Appeal in Terri Schiavo Case

Codger said:
So we disagree and you make fun of my religious beliefs which I haven't even mentioned. You do your Japanese comic book charactor proud Magatsu.
I was making fun of your religious belief? That is um, interesting... but know what? I don't even aware that you actually have one.

On the contrary, I was talking to my Lord. I hope my comment will be non-spinnable.

Edit: Yes, I do believe that I do my favorite character, Magatsu proud... Thank you for the wonderful compliment. People, in any case if anyone want to know about my username and who is he, you can check this out: http://www.geocities.com/Paris/LeftBank/6807/whoismagatsu.html

Last edited:
Reba said:
If Terri had a living will or a DNR document, her wishes would already be known. She did not have a living will.

If Terri has a regular last will and testament, then it would not be available to the public until after it was probated. It cannot be probated until after she dies.

The Living Will and Advanced Directive documents didn't become popular until the mid 90s. Terri collasped in 1990. Therefore, the only way to tell what she wanted is through another party.

Reba said:
How can you "know"? How do we know that you are not any more delusional than you claim Terri's parents are?

I guess it is easier to accept Terri's starvation if you can convince yourself that she feels no pain. That is the same rationalization that pro-abortion supporters use. They say the unborn baby feels no pain during the abortion. They also dehumanize the baby, calling it "fetal tissue", just as you have dehumanized Terri by calling her a "carcass".

Did you read the rest of my statement, Reba? Apparently not. I said I know what the other side is saying. I read the documentation that supports the assertion she is aware, but I choose to disbelieve it.

Reba said:
That is the same rationalization that pro-abortion supporters use. They say the unborn baby feels no pain during the abortion. They also dehumanize the baby, calling it "fetal tissue", just as you have dehumanized Terri by calling her a "carcass".
FYI (For your information): I can easily make the harsh comparison of apathetic pro-war warmongers to make a point out of that statement.

Edit: The fact: all of us are no better in different but similar situation like this. Actually, that's why I decided to rambling on in my previous post about these suffering children and unnecessary deaths from hazard chemcials.. Where's the news? Where's the uproars about these deaths? That pissed me off to no end.

Last edited:
Oceanbreeze said:
Did you read the rest of my statement, Reba? Apparently not. I said I know what the other side is saying. I read the documentation that supports the assertion she is aware, but I choose to disbelieve it.

The Doctor on the Fox News said that Terri is very responsive.
And that she isn't in vegative state. Because her head is moving
around when doctors and her family members move around.
And she laughed and cried when she in pain. And all.

When they removed her feeding tube, she cried...
She understands.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
The Doctor on the Fox News said that Terri is very responsive.
And that she isn't in vegative state. Because her head is moving
around when doctors and her family members move around.
And she laughed and cried when she in pain. And all.

When they removed her feeding tube, she cried...
She understands.

Yeah. :(

It's too soon to call Terri "carcass" yet.

Oceanbreeze said:
The Living Will and Advanced Directive documents didn't become popular until the mid 90s. Terri collasped in 1990. Therefore, the only way to tell what she wanted is through another party.
Living wills have been around since the 1970's. The Karen Ann Quinlan case of 1976 was a well-publicized landmark in the "right to die" debate.

If "another party" actually heard Terri state, "I would rather starve to death than have a feeding tube or be spoon fed by my parents" there might be a basis for the decision, but Terri didn't say that.

Oceanbreeze said:
And Terri's parents also know what the other side is saying, and choose to disbelieve it.

What if Terry came back normal herself.. she'll annoncement her own words.. Thanks to her parent save my life... She'll say you're rotten in hell to her husband..

How do you feel about this ?

Some of AD'ers...who want her die!
You want Terri die.. turns it out that what she doesn't want DIE.. What your react say? I believe you could say.. Oh shit.. I'm terrible mistake opnion.. No Excuse!

big IF!!!

She would sue you for your mistake action? What your reaction.. you will turn loser big time!

It doesn't matter if she comes back to her normal self.
I thought it is the doctor's responsiblity to help
keep us alive a long time.

She is alive... ofc she is not herself.
She doesn't have to come back to her normal self.

We help people with cerebral palsey...
I saw a girl with severe CP...
and she can't feed herself, can't walk, can't talk and all...

Michael is saying that Terri doesn't want to be in that position.
But I don't think it is true... I think Terri would want to be with her family.

Reba said:
Living wills have been around since the 1970's. The Karen Ann Quinlan case of 1976 was a well-publicized landmark in the "right to die" debate.

If "another party" actually heard Terri state, "I would rather starve to death than have a feeding tube or be spoon fed by my parents" there might be a basis for the decision, but Terri didn't say that.

Let me clarify the first part of that. Living Wills and Advanced Directive weren't widely used unless someone was terminally ill. In the mid 90s, this changed when hospitals and medical personell began informing patients of their rights regardless if they were terminal or not.

As to the second part of your statement, it has already been determined that Michael Schaivo and his sister heard Terri make a statement that if she were ever incapacitated, she would not want to live like this. As the law stands currently, Reba, this is all that is necessary to make a determination of a person's wishes. It has already been adjudicated. Now, Congress is stepping in trying to give the Schindler's the right to re-judicate this case in Federal Court. It's unconstitutional.

Last Friday Michael Schiavo, his lawyer, Terri's sister and the family lawyer David Gibbs were on Larry King Live. Here's the transcript of what they said about the Terri Schiave case, and PAY ATTENTION to what Michael said. To quote him, he said, "We didn't know what Terri wanted, but this is what we want..." AH! He slipped up....he admitted he DID NOT know what Terri wanted!!! :shock: So, because of it, that is why we are fighting to keep Terri alive....Michael's motives are just way TOO murky to be trustworthy. : P

Here's the link....but please scroll all the way down, the interview with the Michael Schiavo and others are at near end of the transcript.

CNN LARRY KING LIVE (transcript)

I'm keeping an eye on the news right now to see what is happening with the congress and the bill they may possibly passed and signed extra-early Monday morning (just after midnight). We'll see.

Yeah... the doctor asked the family if we want to pull the plug
on our dying cousin... who couldn't breathe on his own.
And his organs were no good....

So the family all agree to unplug him.

And that what Michael suppose to do, go along with the family
even if one person disagree.

Without having waded through 15 or so pages of nonsensical banter, I'm just going to state the truth, plain and simple: without a cerebral cortex, all signs of sentience cease to exist. Terri Schiavo has no cerebral cortex. It has long since desintegrated, and now in its place lies excess spinal fluid. Why must we insist on playing God when God him/herself long ago decided Mrs. Schiavo could not live?

The media just needs to let this go. It's no one else's business any way.

ryantss said:
Without having waded through 15 or so pages of nonsensical banter, I'm just going to state the truth, plain and simple: without a cerebral cortex, all signs of sentience cease to exist. Terri Schiavo has no cerebral cortex. It has long since desintegrated, and now in its place lies excess spinal fluid. Why must we insist on playing God when God him/herself long ago decided Mrs. Schiavo could not live?

:gpost:

ryantss said:

Yup. :gpost:

Medicaid is paying Terri's care. Michael isn't paying for her care.
So why Michael still trying to killl her?

And also...

he won't let the staff clean her teeth, so last year...
Terri's teeth were extracted because of severe decay.

He is abusing her.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Medicaid is paying Terri's care. Michael isn't paying for her care.
So why Michael still trying to killl her?

And also...

he won't let the staff clean her teeth, so last year...
Terri's teeth were extracted because of severe decay.

He is abusing her.

I'm going to be an asshole, but maybe he just wants to save Americans some money. Besides, he's not trying to kill her. He left the decision up to a court to act as a surrogate to decide because he knew that if he made a decision himself either way, people would hate him for it. Lay your blame on the court, not Michael.

And, just so you know, they only extracted five of her teeth. Newsflash: being bulimic destroys your teeth too.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38255

The article I just linked said:
...an unnamed oral surgeon examined Terri's mouth and extracted five of her back teeth because of their discoloration. Her remaining teeth were scraped and said to appear healthy.

i been reading this case for the last three weeks and u know, i ALREADY HAVE A LIVING WILL MADE OUT.... I will not be kept on the life machine, feeding tubes or anything i had a DNR status put on my medical files if its life threatening. let me go... its my time! as for terri its her time and has been for a VERY long time they can not ( the parents keep her alive forever! )

It just in!

The House passed the bill! It is now on way to President Bush to be signed.

For once I'm too sleepy now to post any article. Anyone feel free to post the news about this. So till then.... I'm going to bed. 'Nite. *Toddles off sleepily*

Back