First ASL class to re-learn my native language

Your guess is as good as mine. I have her on ignore. She's always angry.

Don't know what her problem is. I play piano and violin when younger. Didn't know Deaf aren't allowed to play music.

Not trying to type ASL. Just not worry about English here.

hmm I understand maybe she is rude on ignored you? I think so she is upset or angry! She is very confused and misunderstand,

I wonder

hmm I understand maybe she is rude on ignored you? I think so she is upset or angry! She is very confused and misunderstand,

I wonder

Considering the thread title, what is there for her to be confused about or misunderstand? Not relevant anyhow. I don't care if she confused or misunderstand because I have her on ignore so I don't have to read her posts. She's paranoid.

Considering the thread title, what is there for her to be confused about or misunderstand? Not relevant anyhow. I don't care if she confused or misunderstand because I have her on ignore so I don't have to read her posts. She's paranoid.
she is actually don't understand culture because misunderstand because reason! I guess she hearing? or deaf which I guess my opinion worlds people hearing people don't understand sometimes confused and blocked miscommunication reason hard to awkward to how feeling miscommunication, BUt my sister ignored me I tired communication to my sister don't understand but my Father confused, But ASL don't understand, world who is brave personn face by face express language on proper body language aware how feeling your issues!

I notice observed my father is awkward rude on me, I am innocent, I can't blame my father, Must to accept and respect to family or friends! reason accept! OP, my father insult to me I was feeling hurt upset but topic off I am away go while my father, my mom love heart, she is very communication to me good different influence person not same people

who is worlds people have problem on language!

my point

Hi rebeccalj! So glad you are getting back to your native language. Nothing can compare with it, no matter how many other languages you may know and learn. Please don't worry about English grammar here on AllDeaf. There are many who understand and use both ASL and English, so write which ever way is most comfortable for you. Your point will always come across regardless. If English grammar is needed to clarify, there are many here who have your back and will cover for you. I am so happy for you that you are going back to your native language. I am in that process too. All the best!

she is actually don't understand culture because misunderstand because reason! I guess she hearing? or deaf which I guess my opinion worlds people hearing people don't understand sometimes confused and blocked miscommunication reason hard to awkward to how feeling miscommunication, BUt my sister ignored me I tired communication to my sister don't understand but my Father confused, But ASL don't understand, world who is brave personn face by face express language on proper body language aware how feeling your issues!

I notice observed my father is awkward rude on me, I am innocent, I can't blame my father, Must to accept and respect to family or friends! reason accept! OP, my father insult to me I was feeling hurt upset but topic off I am away go while my father, my mom love heart, she is very communication to me good different influence person not same people

who is worlds people have problem on language!

my point

Sorry to know communication challenge with sister and father.:kiss:

Hi rebeccalj! So glad you are getting back to your native language. Nothing can compare with it, no matter how many other languages you may know and learn. Please don't worry about English grammar here on AllDeaf. There are many who understand and use both ASL and English, so write which ever way is most comfortable for you. Your point will always come across regardless. If English grammar is needed to clarify, there are many here who have your back and will cover for you. I am so happy for you that you are going back to your native language. I am in that process too. All the best!

:ty: I think it's such an exciting experience, or, as Jillio say, journey. As I say to friend, I've been forced to live in English only world for 40 years. Always such a challenge to always translate in mind. Tiring. It's like speaking a language that doesn't come naturally if that makes sense?

:ty: I think it's such an exciting experience, or, as Jillio say, journey. As I say to friend, I've been forced to live in English only world for 40 years. Always such a challenge to always translate in mind. Tiring. It's like speaking a language that doesn't come naturally if that makes sense?

It makes perfect sense to me. It is exactly the same for me too, I grew up English only all my life with no sign language (my native language) also. (and on top of English, my hearing husband also speaks quite a few other spoken languages)

Hi, where were the classes? I'll be in Vancouver this summer, hope to pass the exam for beginners at ASL i Vancouver College. Good luck on your classes!:wave:

It makes perfect sense to me. It is exactly the same for me too, I grew up English only all my life with no sign language (my native language) also. (and on top of English, my hearing husband also speaks quite a few other spoken languages)

That must get confusing when husband speak so many other languages. I bet you have quite the love story as to how you meet.

Hi, where were the classes? I'll be in Vancouver this summer, hope to pass the exam for beginners at ASL i Vancouver College. Good luck on your classes!:wave:

I'm at University of the Fraser Valley (Abbotsford).

Do you have to come here just to take exam? Or vacation also?

That must get confusing when husband speak so many other languages. I bet you have quite the love story as to how you meet.

We communicate mainly in English. I can read two other languages but not comprehending much yet because there is not much reading material in that language which is also in English for me to compare with for comprehension. I know a few words and speak a few words in each. When my husband speaks the other languages I follow the facial expressions and body language and then I can work out what he is talking about, although I don't understand the language. Where I find it the most difficult is when other people here who are not family try to speak with me. They can't understand why I don't respond. Most of the time they speak English to me, sometimes Thai, and sometimes other languages.

How my husband and I met, too long a story to post here :P

Sorry to know communication challenge with sister and father.:kiss:

True tough! complication is challenge is very brave, I am brave because pretty my heart to my mom is very love me! mom easy hug and soft seems soft heart, I am challenge best hard work! I am very good person, she love me truth!

Back