Figured I'd hop on the Mayflower boat and up my post rate

Saline Eyes

Reaction score
Ask me anything (within reason) and I'll see what I can do about answering your questions. :shock:

Saline Eyes said:
Ask me anything (within reason) and I'll see what I can do about answering your questions. :shock:

How did you come up with such handler name, Saline Eyes?

Hi Saline Eyes,

I like your screen name btw ;)...

-- Where are you from?

-- Are you single, married, or in a relationship?

-- Do you have any children?

-- What are the things you love most about your life?

What kind of hobbies you have?

What you hate about yourself?

What you like about yourself?

-- Where are you from? Upstate New York

-- Are you single, married, or in a relationship? In a serious relationship

-- Do you have any children? Do two kitties count?

-- What are the things you love most about your life? I appreciate the tight relationships I have with my family, boyfriend and friends. I consider myself blessed to have them in my life.

What kind of hobbies you have? Hopping on Alldeaf and trying to catch up with all the new posts... Reading, movies, camping and outdoor activites during better weather. The usual, really.

What you hate about yourself? I am the QUEEN of procrastination.

What you like about yourself? My sense of loyalty.

Were you raised on ASL, SEE, strictly oral, or a combination of one or more of these?

Levonian said:
Were you raised on ASL, SEE, strictly oral, or a combination of one or more of these?
My folks believed in total communication for the early part of my life. They learned PSE, enrolled me in a preschool deaf/hoh program, and I had intensive speech therapy as frequently as 5 days a week for the first few years of my life. Over time I just naturally elected to speak rather than sign while communicating with my family, and consequentially they lost their signing abilities. I did have an interpreter throughout my schooling career but I never signed, so my receptive skills are much better than my signing skills. :o

Meg said:
So you got a CI in August? I got mine in June. What do you think of it so far? :)

I think for me it was the right decision. I am able to do things I was unable to do before. I can actually HEAR on the phone now. I'd attempted to do it before with hearing aids and could barely make out the difference between no and yes. I'm not brave enough yet to try talking on the phone with people I don't know (ie, unfamiliar voices) but that in itself is a major accomplishment for me. I could go on and on but I'll spare everyone the bother. No regrets here though.

Saline Eyes said:
I think for me it was the right decision. I am able to do things I was unable to do before. I can actually HEAR on the phone now. I'd attempted to do it before with hearing aids and could barely make out the difference between no and yes. I'm not brave enough yet to try talking on the phone with people I don't know (ie, unfamiliar voices) but that in itself is a major accomplishment for me. I could go on and on but I'll spare everyone the bother. No regrets here though.

Same here. * smile *

are you in the rochester area?? and also did you attend rit and if yes, what year?? ;)

Pomeranian said:
Since you got your cute little kitties Meowwwwwwwwwwwwww. What are their names??

Sedona and Cliffy. I'd post pics but I don't know how. :|

zesty said:
are you in the rochester area?? and also did you attend rit and if yes, what year?? ;)

Not a Rochestarian, but I was a student out there waaaaaay back in the day. (98)

Saline Eyes said:
Not a Rochestarian, but I was a student out there waaaaaay back in the day. (98)

think we might know each other then? cuz i was there from 99-2003.. hmmmm

Back