FCC's not allowing Canadian to use VRS.

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any Video Relay Service Company will not provide to Deaf Canadian people anymore this week. Sad News for Deaf Canadian people.
[yt]F9pJ2ZSRYkM[/yt]

Banjo, what are you doing about it?

If this is for real, then deaf people in the United Kingdom, Australia, etc., are affected by this?

Yes, Brian, unfortunately. Unless, I hope that Viable can still let the aussies use their server to use the device to call the other people in australian soils, but we do not need their VRS services. Lets hope it is NOT too bad to be affected by us. If it is way beyond than we think, we'll have to protest FCC.

Yes, Brian, unfortunately. Unless, I hope that Viable can still let the aussies use their server to use the device to call the other people in australian soils, but we do not need their VRS services. Lets hope it is NOT too bad to be affected by us. If it is way beyond than we think, we'll have to protest FCC.

That will not happen the way you suggest.

The problem is, VRS is funded by American taxpayers' money. So yes, it will be intended for Americans' uses only.

I believe it's right thing because I would hate to see other countries are use US's money on service for nothing but lose to wrong "customer from region".

Other country need to do their own money for disability people. Shame on them.

Perhaps the deaf in the United Kingdom, Australia, etc, etc., could try to convince their federal regulators (similar to our FCC) to fund such for the deaf community. But I don't see how the federal regulators would be willing to fund for international calls from their countries. Sorenson and other VP providers could try entering international markets. Didn't Sorenson and other VP providers make VPs made available for the deaf attendants at the uh....Deaflympics event in Melbourne (VIC.)?

I am sorry to tell you that the guy in vlog is misinformed or misunderstood.

Canadians are allowed to call the VRS providers as long as they plan to contact their relatives, customer services and companies in the U.S. I am very familiar with the VRS issues in Canada and that is why I have seen some Deaf Canadians got misinformed about the VRS.

Perhaps the deaf in the United Kingdom, Australia, etc, etc., could try to convince their federal regulators (similar to our FCC) to fund such for the deaf community. But I don't see how the federal regulators would be willing to fund for international calls from their countries. Sorenson and other VP providers could try entering international markets. Didn't Sorenson and other VP providers make VPs made available for the deaf attendants at the uh....Deaflympics event in Melbourne (VIC.)?

DENIED! Actual, it's only a sponsor as several VP support US players would able to get their fund by coming to Australia.

I have know when I asked question with HOVRS and Sorenson installer saying they cannot install for outside country because it's US's fund period.

Tonight I made two VP calls to two different VRS providers and I had no problems.

DENIED! Actual, it's only a sponsor as several VP support US players would able to get their fund by coming to Australia.

I have know when I asked question with HOVRS and Sorenson installer saying they cannot install for outside country because it's US's fund period.
I understand now - thanks for clearing this.

I'm outside the USA, and I still have no problem making VRS calls to anywhere. I'm from P.R.

Last edited:
I didn't edit. I puzzle as message disappear into "PR". Weird...
At least, you save that original message. Thank you! But princess is in other castle.

Uh...I edited it for you for it be viewed when typing P with R together make the message disappear.

Back