Favourite TV Shows....

oh, -UK, I got it :)

Fuzzy

typical something decent like hulu etc not for us not fair
You should complain to your government like "Hey, where is my deaf rights?". As you may know, in America we have ADA, FCC, NAD, etc to protect our rights. What about your country? You and other deaf Brits have to fight for it. However, if UK doesn't offer programs like Netflix or Hulu, that's too bad. Not happy? Then move here. Alot of people from all over the world did.

You should complain to your government like "Hey, where is my deaf rights?". As you may know, in America we have ADA, FCC, NAD, etc to protect our rights. What about your country? You and other deaf Brits have to fight for it. However, if UK doesn't offer programs like Netflix or Hulu, that's too bad. Not happy? Then move here. Alot of people from all over the world did.

USA and UK have different advantage and disadvantage so I couldn't explain due to strong political topic.

UK has anti-discrimination that cover on disabilities, pretty like ADA style.
Disability Discrimination Act 1995 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (repealed and replaced with Equality Act 2010)
Equality Act 2010 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UK has NAD style organization.
http://www.royaldeaf.org.uk

I believe that UK has FCC style too like most developed countries have one to regulate the broadcasting, internet, TV service, etc. BBC iPlayer support subtitles so caz12 should find way to turn on.

The CC/subtitle support is very behind on online video in all countries, including USA, that's unfortunately.

USA and UK have different advantage and disadvantage so I couldn't explain due to strong political topic.

UK has anti-discrimination that cover on disabilities, pretty like ADA style.
Disability Discrimination Act 1995 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (repealed and replaced with Equality Act 2010)
Equality Act 2010 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UK has NAD style organization.
Welcome to Royal Association for Deaf people

I believe that UK has FCC style too like most developed countries have one to regulate the broadcasting, internet, TV service, etc. BBC iPlayer support subtitles so caz12 should find way to turn on.

The CC/subtitle support is very behind on online video in all countries, including USA, that's unfortunately.
Thanks for the links, Foxrac. So it's great that UK has RAD and equality rights for deaf Brits but caz12 is disappointed that Netflix and Hulu are not available in her country. She wants to watch the few last episodes of the old show, Everybody loves Raymond with CC/subtitles that she missed. I guess the only way for her is to buy the DVD.

Hey friends,
I like to watch Hollywood TV shows,because TV Series are best part of entertainment.My top Five Favorite Shows are...................
1.Prison Break
2.Grey's Anatomy
3.Doctor Who
4.dexter
5.American idol

Here you can arrested-development tv series At tvs-arrested-development.com/

Burn Notice, Suits and Beauty and the Geek, which unfortunately doesn't run anymore.

Wirelessly posted

My favorite t.v. shows are Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I love Joss Whedon), The Walking Dead, Tru Calling, and Masters of Horror.

I like these shows as well: Angel (Buffy's spin off show), Untied States of Tara, Breaking Bad, True Blood and Shameless.

Wirelessly posted

My favorite t.v. shows are Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I love Joss Whedon), The Walking Dead, Tru Calling, and Masters of Horror.

I like these shows as well: Angel (Buffy's spin off show), Untied States of Tara, Breaking Bad, True Blood and Shameless.

Lately, I am really into British television. For American I like "Big Bang Theory" and" Bones," but I am addicted to "Merlin," "Doctor Who," and "Sherlock." I also really like "Hands On,"a Deaf Irish show. Wish we had an American version.

I don't watch TV much these days. When I do, I love to watch;

NCIS

Rizzoli and Isles

Criminal Mind

Restaurant Impossible

and Big Bang Theory (downright hilarious!)

Gold Rush
Diamond Divers
Mountain Men
Bering Sea Gold
AMA Super Cross
Motocross Nationals

Never watch the news, it's all bad.

Back