Favorite soda drink?

kokonut

Reaction score
I'm pretty simple about it nowadays. I prefer Canada Dry ginger ale. Pour it into a frosted mug and throw in a couple of frozen raspberries and let the flavor slowly settle out. No caffeinated drinks for me. That has sailed a long time ago.

Throwback Pepsi, or bottled Pepsi from Mexico. They are made with real sugar, no high fructose corn syrup and really taste great.

I love diet pepsi and diet coke, diet seven I already addiction pop :lol:

I like to drink Canada Dry Ginger Ale, and I also like some of their flavoured Ginger Ale drinks. For instance, Green Tea and there's also the White Tea with Raspberries.

I don't drink soda generally except for gingerale with my whiskey but what I loved to do as a kid was go to one of those soda machine and make a soda cocktail of like coke, sprite, root beer and if I was feeling particularly in the mood for dangerous flights of fancy, a bit of Orange Crush too. It was surprisingly good!

I had one of those Throwback Pepsis the other day and was amazed at how good it was. Tasted just like the Pepsi I remembered as a kid. Real sugar DOES make a difference.

My favorite now: usually Diet Dr. Pepper. My long-time favorite: Vernor's Ginger Ale (it's a Michigan thing), but like the Pepsis, the new Vernor's does not taste as good as it used to.

I had one of those Throwback Pepsis the other day and was amazed at how good it was. Tasted just like the Pepsi I remembered as a kid. Real sugar DOES make a difference.

My favorite now: usually Diet Dr. Pepper. My long-time favorite: Vernor's Ginger Ale (it's a Michigan thing), but like the Pepsis, the new Vernor's does not taste as good as it used to.

We have Vernor's here too. I prefer real sugar in the pop drinks too instead of that corn syrup nonsense they are putting in all of these drinks nowadays.

Yes, Vernor's is distributed pretty widely now, but it just doesn't taste as ginger-y as it used to when it was made and bottled only in Michigan. It used to almost have a thick sort of taste; now it seems thin. Hard to describe, but basically, the flavor just isn't there. Could be because of the fructose, but more, it seems to me like they just aren't putting as much ginger in it. Or something. I dunno.

I also used to love Faygo Red Pop when I was in college. Haven't had that in years.

Yes, Vernor's is distributed pretty widely now, but it just doesn't taste as ginger-y as it used to when it was made and bottled only in Michigan. It used to almost have a thick sort of taste; now it seems thin. Hard to describe, but basically, the flavor just isn't there. Could be because of the fructose, but more, it seems to me like they just aren't putting as much ginger in it. Or something. I dunno.

I also used to love Faygo Red Pop when I was in college. Haven't had that in years.

Actually, Vernor's has been here for years. However, there is just something about it that I can't quite put my finger onto. It doesn't taste right to me. My father said it used to taste differently back then though.

Exactly. It's just a little off now.

By "now" I mean - it changed at some point after about the mid-1970's. My concept of "now" is extremely fluid. :lol:

mine would be Keri Keri's Apple Juice - I have it everyday

Last edited:
Bundaberg lemon, lime and bitter for those hot, summer days working outdoors

Soda

I really enjoy anything icey cold, but love Diet pepsi and Arizona Diet Tea, they have several flavors and I checked out the ingredients carefully because I am allergic to so many things. The white and Black tea's are the best and I can pour in a blender and add berries and ice...so so good. Mmm like my new Love..laughing, sorry I drifted there for a moment...smile..Midnight♥♥♥

I really enjoy anything icey cold, but love Diet pepsi and Arizona Diet Tea, they have several flavors and I checked out the ingredients carefully because I am allergic to so many things. The white and Black tea's are the best and I can pour in a blender and add berries and ice...so so good. Mmm like my new Love..laughing, sorry I drifted there for a moment...smile..Midnight♥♥♥

liquid orgasm?

Faygo Peach, and pretty much the rest of the Faygo repitoire as well.
569727b.jpg

Dee-licious!!! :gossip:

Back