Favorite soda drink?

Coca-Cola, for sure.

I don't drink soda generally except for gingerale with my whiskey but what I loved to do as a kid was go to one of those soda machine and make a soda cocktail of like coke, sprite, root beer and if I was feeling particularly in the mood for dangerous flights of fancy, a bit of Orange Crush too. It was surprisingly good!
I think they called those Suicides where I was growing up. :) I don't think I ever did it. One of my daughters still does it, I think.

I think they called those Suicides where I was growing up. :) I don't think I ever did it. One of my daughters still does it, I think.

I remember those!! Dang.... been years ago. I used to make them at the skating rink. Go to the fountain and get a little bit of this and that til your cup fills up.

We also called them suicides. :) If I would to make one right now I would probably gag!! :lol:

I used to drink 7Up with only lemon, but now they have lemon and lime. I don't want lime with lemon. No thanks. Now I drink regular Pepsi (can) once or twice a day. I love it. I also enjoy drinking ice tea with sugar. :)

If I drink soda, it is Sprite and nothing else. Mostly I drink water or hot herbal tea.

For Coca Cola, if I have the little glass bottles, I like to put a little lime juice in and then let it sit while the juice disperses through.

When I am going caffeine free it is sprite. If I allow myself caffeine I will drink Coke Classic.

I go through phases when I really like something cherry-flavored, like Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper or Diet Cherry Coke.

I'm trying to wean myself off of the stuff, though. Too much evidence out there saying how bad it is for our bones, and the artificial sweeteners can actually make us crave more sweets. I'm trying to drink more water, sometimes flavored with mint leaves, chopped ginger, and slices of lemon, if I want to get really fancy. I'll mix all that up in a large pitcher and drink it throughout the day.

I go through phases when I really like something cherry-flavored, like Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper or Diet Cherry Coke.

I'm trying to wean myself off of the stuff, though. Too much evidence out there saying how bad it is for our bones, and the artificial sweeteners can actually make us crave more sweets. I'm trying to drink more water, sometimes flavored with mint leaves, chopped ginger, and slices of lemon, if I want to get really fancy. I'll mix all that up in a large pitcher and drink it throughout the day.

Get fancy, eh? And be all snooty, too? :lol:

Oh yeah, very snooty, me and my gussied-up water in my big blue plastic tumblers! Nuttin' but the finest fer yours truly, don'cha know.

The mint comes from my own garden, too. Now, dang, there is just NUTHIN' that says "snooty" more than growing one's own mint!

Back