Fatal stabbing at CT school

Years ago, home schooling was looked down upon. Given how the world is today, I expect it's really going to start gaining in popularity among parents looking to control what their children learn, and keeping them safe.

If they can afford it.

It's a good idea.....the less the burgermint is involved with our kids the better

My boys (3)...luckily, they all were strong and healthy...and had each other's back at all times. Only 2 fights I remember well...they did not start it...but they finished it....

I do like the idea of kids playing sports...Karate...etc., ...it gives them confidence. But not all kids are athletic....They are the ones who are picked upon....

If I had to do it all over again, and the way things are in schools these days...I'd opt for home schooling. My last son will graduate in June.....Then I'm done with public schools....

My daughter is a jr in high school now and is doing well. She isn't in the "cool" crowd nor she plays sports but she is involved with several organizations. She seems to have outgrown the high school mentality and looks down on high school drama. She hangs out with 18 and above year olds who have goals and stuff. In a way, I am happy that she is mature and all that BUT in a way she is missing out on the fun of being a carefree high school kid. Pros and cons, I guess...

She has witnessed a kid getting stomped on in the head during a beat down after school. It upsetted her big time.

My boys (3)...luckily, they all were strong and healthy...and had each other's back at all times. Only 2 fights I remember well...they did not start it...but they finished it....

I do like the idea of kids playing sports...Karate...etc., ...it gives them confidence. But not all kids are athletic....They are the ones who are picked upon....

If I had to do it all over again, and the way things are in schools these days...I'd opt for home schooling. My last son will graduate in June.....Then I'm done with public schools....
Right--not all kids have a physical advantage. Even if they did train and work out, what if they're outnumbered? What if it's psychological or verbal or on-line bullying?

There's nothing wrong with physical self defense but that's not always a solution.

If they can afford it.
More can if states allow vouchers or tax deductions.

We sent our daughter to private Christian school, and also home schooled her a couple years. It was a huge financial struggle at the time but it was worth it.

More can if states allow vouchers or tax deductions.

We sent our daughter to private Christian school, and also home schooled her a couple years. It was a huge financial struggle at the time but it was worth it.

I rather to homeschooling my kids so I don't trust the public school due to bullying and lousy curriculum.

I had homeschooling for short time from August 2005 to October 2005, again in January 2006 to March 2006 because of bullying and I was very depressed. I wish that I could graduate from homeschooling.

It is comfortable to do school work at home and good lunch.

I rather to homeschooling my kids so I don't trust the public school due to bullying and lousy curriculum.

I had homeschooling for short time from August 2005 to October 2005, again in January 2006 to March 2006 because of bullying and I was very depressed. I wish that I could graduate from homeschooling.

It is comfortable to do school work at home and good lunch.
Did your parents hire a private teacher? If so, did s/he teach you everything like science, history, math, English, etc?

Did your parents hire a private teacher? If so, did s/he teach you everything like science, history, math, English, etc?

No, school provided all works for me to finish at home, also they sent weekly tutor as well.

Not very far from where Sandy Hook massacre took place 2 years ago.. :(

It appears the suspect is angry because the girl did not want to go to prom with him. They both used to date before.

Back