Farewell Logan.

stefan2832

Reaction score
I'm pretty gutted tonight. My faithful dog for 12 years finally gave in to old age. 12 can be quite old for collies. In his younger days we would walk for 3 hours..but the last couple of years he could only manage 10-15 mins.
In his 12 years I never saw him growl or even snap at anyone..even when he had kids climbing all over him! He was a great dog and a great pal.

Aw, my condolences. :( Sounds like he was a wonderful dog and had a very full life.

I am so sorry for your loss. Logan was such a beautiful dog. I can see that he lived longer thats good.

good ole' faithful dog....

Sorry for your loss, do remember the good times you had with Logan.

Oh dear. I don't know why but I always weep when a loved furchild passes away.

You have my deepest condolences, dear friend. Logan is over at Rainbow's Bridge.

Forgive me, I'm a big softie when it comes to animals.

I am sorry about your dog. Maybe later you can rescue another collie in his memory.

I'm pretty gutted tonight. My faithful dog for 12 years finally gave in to old age. 12 can be quite old for collies. In his younger days we would walk for 3 hours..but the last couple of years he could only manage 10-15 mins.
In his 12 years I never saw him growl or even snap at anyone..even when he had kids climbing all over him! He was a great dog and a great pal.

stefan,

Before leaving Minnesota State University Moorhead in May, a retired professor friend of mine was going to put her collie (same color) down, as he had dementia. I first met her and both her collies when Snickers and I first came in 2002.

What's significant about the collie was that he was her husband's service dog, as he had alzheimer's. So, the dog is the last link she has with her late husband. A guy on campus was walking the other collie when I asked him where the doc was and he told me that she (the professor) had been looking for us. I knew it was coming and she wasn't going to bring him in until I came over, as she knew I was graduating and was very fond of him. I have to admit, I gave him a kiss and cried when I saw how that dementia affected him.

My condolences to you, stefan. :hug:

By the way . . . don't ever forget the good times you had with Logan!

Stefan, Logan was a beautiful dog. I'm sure that he had a good life with you. It's never easy to say good bye to our beloved furry companions. I'm sorry for your loss.

Your collie was beautiful!, I am sorry that you had to say good-bye, bonding between us (humans) and animals with different life spans is something we cant escape from, it is painful, while same time, it is beautiful because we get to see how they grow and age fairly quickly often unwittingly teaching us about life, challenges us about the meanings of caring, the meaning of responsibility and of course the meaning of communication (in a weird way) across all our differences in how we experience life is different from our furry freinds, and yet we can and have been able to share the bond and experiences together, like playing, walking, cuddling, feeding, washing, keeping warm, keeping cool (like under the trees shade). You could try get this book from library "Good Bye, Freind" by Gary Kowalski, very very good book. Lots of different themes which you can pick out to best relate with your experience of loss, it give you way on how to grieve with sense.
Are you going to get another collie? be nice if you did, think of this way, its giving another dog (or animal) a chance to a good life that you had given to the previous freind.
Regards.

Are you going to get another collie? be nice if you did, think of this way, its giving another dog (or animal) a chance to a good life that you had given to the previous freind.
Regards.

Thanks again everyone! I never mentioned it but, I do have another dog.
Duma..and he's a collie too. I think he is 8 now + also a good ole' pal.
It's just that Logan was with me even before I met my wife and got married.
We went back a long way! I also have 3 cats, a rabbit + a horse!

Back