famous names

What about Deaf Politicians? Have there been any deaf members of any national legislative body. Or state/regional body?

I know Iowa State Senator Tom Harkin had a Deaf brother. Senator Harkin sponsored and introduced the ADA. I believe he was the first person who ever used ASL in the United States Senate. He signed during the debate of the ADA.

What about Deaf Politicians? Have there been any deaf members of any national legislative body. Or state/regional body?

I know Iowa State Senator Tom Harkin had a Deaf brother. Senator Harkin sponsored and introduced the ADA. I believe he was the first person who ever used ASL in the United States Senate. He signed during the debate of the ADA.

From Wiki:
Kathleen Ollerenshaw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gary Malkowski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Enjoy

wow, quite a few then. feeling pretty dumb now though as don't know who loads of them are! I shall sit in the corner with the silly hat on. I do know the guy who played the Hulk though! didn't see that one coming!

My boyfriend is Lou Ferringo's cousin. I haven't met him. And my boyfriend hasn't visited him in quite some time.

I had a post from DeafYouTube on Facebook about Charlie Chaplin. The people posting are saying that he's either hard-of-hearing or deaf. Yet I haven't been able to find anything confirming it. I didn't search too hard either.

I had a post from DeafYouTube on Facebook about Charlie Chaplin. The people posting are saying that he's either hard-of-hearing or deaf. Yet I haven't been able to find anything confirming it. I didn't search too hard either.

He was not deaf.

Back