Family Over (Vent)

I'll just send them my wedding invitations in Braille. :giggle:

LOL I had to laugh! :giggle: You should do it!

I totally believe in karma....and they do not have any good coming their way! I'm sorry your family treated you this way, its not right.

Sorry that you had to go through that.

My parents always try their best to include me in their conversations and to be sure I know what's going on when it comes to going out to eat.

Why don't you go out on your own to get your own lunch or go to the mall. When you come back home and they ask you why you didn't tell them. Tell them that you forgot. ;)

Sorry that you had to go through that.

My parents always try their best to include me in their conversations and to be sure I know what's going on when it comes to going out to eat.

Why don't you go out on your own to get your own lunch or go to the mall. When you come back home and they ask you why you didn't tell them. Tell them that you forgot. ;)

I don't think they would notice but it's a nice idea. :giggle:

Glad to hear your parents were inclusive.

I don't think they would notice but it's a nice idea. :giggle:

Glad to hear your parents were inclusive.
Thanks. :)

Even though they never really learned sign language, they did make an effort to make sure that they spoke clearly and looked at me when talking to me. Sometimes, I'll be focused on my own food that I'm not paying attention. If I look up and see them talking, I'll ask what they were talking about. They would be willing to repeat what they were talking about so that I could catch up and follow through. :)

Ill-mannered of your family to treat you like that.

Like other posters here, I like the idea of sending them wedding invitations printed in braille. :)

If they excluded you again then maybe you ought act like Helen Keller when she was little, hehe. All that touching and snatching food off their plates. That'd get their attention big time. A silly idea, though.

If they excluded you again then maybe you ought act like Helen Keller when she was little, hehe. All that touching and snatching food off their plates. That'd get their attention big time. A silly idea, though.

:rofl2: Then I would finally "be like Helen Keller," since of course all deafblind people are like Helen Keller. :giggle:

I'm sorry about how your family treated you. :( A several friends of mine had a similar situation as yours, too... :hug:

Why be involved with these particular people when all that will happen is ridiculous behavior on their part? Are you independent, or pe haps have a circle of friends to confide in? Burn the bridge and live your own life, don't waste your time on revenge unless you've got the "artillery" to back it up WITH a purpose - otherwise it will eventually backfire on some and will hit them to what they did, but don't expect any sympathy. Just move on, hanging on to their bullshit will only make you believe their views when you know its otherwise full of bunk. Go it alone if you have to and prove them wrong.

S.O.B., I was kidding about the Braille wedding invitations. I'm not even sure if my wife and I are going to have a wedding, we're not the wedding-type people. :)

These are in-laws and it's the first time I've ever met them. They were a lot better today after I told them I felt excluded yesterday. Not ideal but an improvement.

These are in-laws and it's the first time I've ever met them. They were a lot better today after I told them I felt excluded yesterday. Not ideal but an improvement.

You kinda left them speechless... showing them courage by telling them they did something wrong... Always look on the bright side of life and hopefully things will get better! Seems like a good start to me... :cool2:

Wow! What an awful situation but isn't it wonderful that you have so many friends here that could sympathize and relate. :hug: from me too.
I loved some of the suggested solutions also.
Take care.

This is a transition time for you and your wife. Ya'll are going from being part of a family of origin to being your own family. Every married couple goes through it.

I had to learn to set healthy boundaries with my own parents and in laws. I still have
to be aware and work on it. The most important thing is that you and your wife focus on yourselves as a family and care for each other.

Don't be disappointed about the first encounter. It takes a while to build your own family and learn how to deal with extended family. That's why holiday planning with the parents can be like a Middle East peace negotiation. Talk about it with your wife and it will get easier. :hug:

Could always reach over to the plate of others that are more bountiful and take the food.

Just say. "Sorry I think this is mine." Swap yours for theirs.

If they ask why just point out that your portion is small, and everyone else's is bigger and you don't think that is fair, as you are as equal to them as they are to you.

I am willing to bet that they will end up being stupified by the action, possibly wind up being ashamed and you can just simply smile sweetly and eat up in front of them. :laugh2:

Tell your wife to let you know when that happens again. :D

Back