Family Over (Vent)

I'd definitely go with the Braille wedding invitation... :hug: Shame on your family members to treat you the way they do!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

Ouch! That's not cool at all! But I totally agree, the payback would be sweet!

It never ceases to amaze me how incredibily selfish our families can be. Hang in there! Yea, go with the brialle invitations!

:grouphug: CJB!
well, you and I oughta go for a walk - and you can have both my and my hubby's lobster-

CJB, it's outrageous how your family treated you. I wish that you could tell them and demand better. You deserve it. Hugs to you! :grouphug::hug:

The lobster thing is pretty awful. Are you a really tiny, weak person? I would have been standing on the table screaming. Believe me that works.

Although I haven't had to do it since I left my parents house.

No one would even dare think of it in my house.

And I would not send a Braille or any other kind of invitation. I just would not invite them.

This is just awful. I am so sorry. Excuse me for saying so but where was your partner and why didn't they speak up? If I read this right this is your home? They are guests. I would be speaking up. No one should be treated this way and especially not in their own home. I would be showing them the door if it was me, family or not. They should be ashamed of themselves and should be MADE to see that their behavior is just not acceptable.

The lobster thing is pretty awful. Are you a really tiny, weak person? I would have been standing on the table screaming. Believe me that works.

And I would not send a Braille or any other kind of invitation. I just would not invite them.

I agree!!...An awful thing to happen. And I would not just sit by and take it. Speak up! Very disrespectful to you or anybody else. I know it hurts very much and I'm sorry it happened. I would have snached a lobster off the plate of the person who served them!

You definitely should speak up because what they did is just plainly inexcusable and cruel, incredibly cruel.

I agree with others...speak up and stand up for your rights to be respected. Too many of us let our families push us around. I admit that I used to let mine push me around in the past. :hug:

:( I am sorry to hear about the way you are treated by your family members, CJB. That is just really mean and cruel. :( They come to your house and they feel that they can disrespect you in such a way? I agree with the other people that say you should stand up for yourself and let them know how you feel about not being accomodated for, being excluded, and for being treated as though you are oblivious. Did your wife say anything to them?

Sending a Braille invitation would be akin to letting them know about it but not inviting them. None of the people staying here know Braille.

Unfortunately I didn't know about the lobster thing at the time. I only found out later from my wife who had her own lobster later.

Last edited:
Maybe he's a hardcore pacifist?

:rofl: Sometimes I can be more passive than what's for my own good.

I let them know today and they were much better today. My canes still haven't come in the mail (I ordered two to have a backup again), but my grandmother gave me her father's long white cane from the 60's! It has a curved handle. :giggle:

:( I am sorry to hear about the way you are treated by your family members, CJB. That is just really mean and cruel. :( They come to your house and they feel that they can disrespect you in such a way? I agree with the other people that say you should stand up for yourself and let them know how you feel about not being accomodated for, being excluded, and for being treated as though you are oblivious. Did your wife say anything to them?

No, but I talked to them today. They aren't good at keeping me in conversation, but at least my grandmother made the effort to give me her father's cane so I'm going use it till I get my new cane. Come to think of it, I have an appointment with SSA and I'll be showing up with my little dainty blind man's cane from the 60's! :laugh2:

No, but I talked to them today. They aren't good at keeping me in conversation, but at least my grandmother made the effort to give me her father's cane so I'm going use it till I get my new cane. Come to think of it, I have an appointment with SSA and I'll be showing up with my little dainty blind man's cane from the 60's! :laugh2:

I think Dr. House would want to compete with you - Cane Contest! :lol:

We're having family here for a week. They came last night. So far, they've been excluding me from conversation and not bothering to fill me in. I figured, eh, nothing I'm not used to. So I offered to bring my laptop and have them type to me. Of course they didn't bother to do that either.

This is what really infuriated me. At dinner they gave everyone one or two lobsters and only gave me half a lobster, thinking I wouldn't find out. Earlier this afternoon, I asked if someone wanted to join me for a walk and everyone said they weren't in the mood. Fine, but then about ten minutes later, they all left to go for a walk and "forgot" to invite me. :roll:

I might be deafblind but I'm not stupid. :mad2::mad2:

Oh Geez! :( :( :grouphug:

Thanks for listening... glad I could vent to people that totally get it.

Back