Faking conversations?!

ya I mess up words ALLLLLLL the time ...lol my mom tonight was like want to watch interview with the vampire? and I thought I heard something bout a bar :/ haha oops

When I go to starbucks I don't have to order anymore..unless there is a new employee they ALL know my drink. If I really need to I write down my order.

I know you all feel. I've done it to, faking it. Tonight my husband was rocking the baby so he couldn't use his hands to sign. And I wasn't paying close enough attention I guess to his lips...and I thought he said, "I need to stand in the sewer." I looked at him all funny and said "HUH???" I said, "Why, do you need to stand in sewer??" He chuckled at me and repeated himself again....and if finally dawned on me what he was saying. "I need to take a shower." I totally just laughed at myself...I told him, "Standing in the sewer sounds more interesting but sure if you want a shower instead." LOL I'm so glad with him, I don't feel like a fool. If it had been anyone else....

look- if they made fun of you since you realized they were faking it- they are being bullies. Its not something you want to deal with and it tells you alot about their characters and you really dont want to be hanging out with them because they simply will NOT support you if need arises.

its time to start cutting the relationship and stay away from them.

People who make fun of other people's communication problems, no matter what kind they are, are not friends. Avoid them.

If they are co-workers or bosses, then they are being very unprofessional. Ordinarily, I would say report them. However, I understand your current position in the military, and you probably don't want to make waves. Until you have your medical board hearing, it's probably best to limit your communication with them to only what's necessary to get the job done. I know that's hard in the military because it's not just a job but a lifestyle.

Try to use more texting and emails for work related communications so that there will be less chance for misunderstandings. On the job, bluffing is a bad idea. It can have serious consequences.

Faking i think is somthing we all do on a daily basis, its hard enough to hear everything when its quiet and when its noisy that just compounds the problem. I bothered me a while ago but these days i just dont care anymore

I eat at Subway almost every weekday and I have a little notebook that I write my orders down on. I just hand it to them. I go to the same one all the time so the people there know I'm deaf. I go to the Booster Juice next door and they have my order memorized (sad, I know).

As for bluffing..I do it all the time. I don't do it with my family or boyfriend but with other people I do it a lot. At work I've asked for email contact only if you have instructions to give me, otherwise I'll screw it up and just put everyone behind. I've been caught before too and made fun of. It's definitely not fun.

lol one starbucks coffee memorized my order when i want order my drink ;) cuz they knew i always come in almost all the time.. so u aren't alone tho...

Not deaf, but I faked understanding conversations all the time when I was learning English. Embarrassing.

been there too alot....and its awkward...

hell its worse than faking an orgasm!! (no im male, but females are known to fake it)..faking conversation is worse cuz you're NOT getting LAID...

afterall conversations is all about making a move to get laid, its like you'd pass phase 1, then at phase 4 its a fail....phase 2 is hook up, phase 3 is foreplay...

:laugh2: You aint normal :laugh2: and it's all good (to me..) Im sure males fake orgasm b/c they cant go no longer. :lol: Women do fake b/c they want sex to be over with.

Back to the topic...just the other day, I was orderin steak burrito at Chipotle..I dont go there often but I know how they make a burrito. The lady asked me a question and pointed at two different kind of rice..told her white rice. Ya just have to learn how to guess what they're askin you..it's not hard..I order fast food and I know extactly what they're askin b/c I know how to guess and they think I hear excellent. :roll: I dont bluff...I'd just blow them off b/c I am very stubborn. Last month, I got on charter bus and I think someone was tryin to get my attention but nah, I aint in no mood for it. ( I was raised oral deaf)

Have any of you faked a conversation and acted liked you heard what was going on because you felt embarrassed that you could not hear what was going on in what was talking about?

Sometimes I have, and sometimes I haven't. Usually, I avoid group situations. The longer you've been alive, the more you realize that your time is precious. I go do other things or hang out with a max of two people.

Not deaf, but I faked understanding conversations all the time when I was learning English. Embarrassing.

haha i had an exchange student from demark who stayed at my home for 5 days. At first, I nodded her but she caught me for nodding her within a few hours later when she said to me " you understand me no!
i was so embarrassed. so we did teach ASL/Demark Sign language each toher as to we picked up and went smooth. :giggle: By the way, I have no luck searching for her and the other three who lives in demark on facebook. :(

Yeah, I zone out a lot too during group conversations. I was at my grandmother's 95th birthday recently, and it was a group of 11 people, including me.

That sucks, I know... I finally met a cousin-in-law who is deaf and signs! It was great to have someone else who can sign in the family.

been there too alot....and its awkward...

hell its worse than faking an orgasm!! (no im male, but females are known to fake it)..faking conversation is worse cuz you're NOT getting LAID...

afterall conversations is all about making a move to get laid, its like you'd pass phase 1, then at phase 4 its a fail....phase 2 is hook up, phase 3 is foreplay...

How do you know biological males can't fake orgasms? What about the ones who are transsexual and haven't had their surgery yet? When we come, nothing comes out, because of the hormone regimen we're on. Granted, I can't fake mine because I can't hit those vocal pitches otherwise.

:naughty:

:lol:you need to find your inner music deep in side your soul to sow that passion, to reap those tunes to hit the notes on the spot to come! :cool2:

I don't fake conversation. Whenever there's a person that I'm NOT interested to listen this person talking or I get bored listening any person, this is how I do it:

Person: HEY Sneakernet! How are you doing? Oh let me tell you blah blah blah
Me: (make facial expression that something wrong with my hearing) Wait! Wait.. Something wrong with my hearing aid. Hang on
Person: Oh, ok..
Me: (I pulled out my hearing aid and gave a little taps on my aid, then I put it back on)
Me: Oh jeesh... I think it's not working at all. Can you come back later? Having no hearing aid will drive me crazy when someone talking to me.
Person: Oh..it's not a problem. You take it easy!
Me: (giving a thumb up)

Then he walk away.... (Time for me to do celebratory dance)

I don't fake conversation. Whenever there's a person that I'm NOT interested to listen this person talking or I get bored listening any person, this is how I do it:

Person: HEY Sneakernet! How are you doing? Oh let me tell you blah blah blah
Me: (make facial expression that something wrong with my hearing) Wait! Wait.. Something wrong with my hearing aid. Hang on
Person: Oh, ok..
Me: (I pulled out my hearing aid and gave a little taps on my aid, then I put it back on)
Me: Oh jeesh... I think it's not working at all. Can you come back later? Having no hearing aid will drive me crazy when someone talking to me.
Person: Oh..it's not a problem. You take it easy!
Me: (giving a thumb up)

Then he walk away.... (Time for me to do celebratory dance)

Not faking conversation, just faking dead HA. :hmm: :lol:

Back