Explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'll view it when I get home. I know several people who were in Watertown for the search. As far as the people I know, nobody complained about it.

Also, you should look at the video's of people celebrating the police later in the evening, it went on for quite a while.

yea most likely they weren't the ones whose houses were searched.

Thank you for correcting me on the martial spelling but it could go either way!! Lol.
Yep, it could. :)

There has to be a nefarious reason? How about... trust us, we're the government.
I'm asking about the specific events you brought up.

I get the feeling that they view this as an opportunity to exploit the public safety exemption. They think they can get away with it in this case because of public sentiment and set a precedence going forward.

Let them get away with it once .... they do it again without concern for the actual law. To me, this begins to set a dangerous precedent where every time there's a hint of terrorist activity, we're going to allow a martial law area to be declared. As that happens over and over again, we could eventually drift into a situation where we're on continual alert and continually in a military law situation. I don't expect that to happen but... this is another step in that direction. It's all about "conditioning" the public to accept this kind of booey.
I'm still not getting the connection between the search for the bombing suspects and some widespread government scheme. Do you really believe the Boston police were following some widespread secret Federal "conditioning" plan instead of trying to apprehend the bombers?

This may be an open and shut case but that doesn't make it any different from any other murder(s) other than the amount of people involved.
Actually, it is different. For that matter, there have been other violent attacks, not terrorist related, that had more fatalities. Think about Sandy Hook. So the number of casualties isn't the point.

However, Sandy Hook was a personal attack by a nutcase. It wasn't a political or religious group "statement" by a terrorist who has enemy alliances.

Follow the procedure laid out by our great Constitution. We can hang him from the flag pole on the steps of the court house when its over.
Well, that certainly wouldn't be following Constitutional procedure.

I'm sure you knew about these exercises but just in case...

"conducting training exercises over Miami and elsewhere in the county. The exercise includes military helicopters firing machine-gun blanks while flying over highways and buildings. This YouTube video shows helicopters strafing highways with blank rounds near the Adrian Arts center. There are reports of similar actions in Houston From the Houston article: 'if you see the helicopters or hear gunfire, it's only a drill.'"
OK, it's an exercise. Maybe they should have informed the people better, and maybe plan better but it certainly isn't any secret plot. If it were a secret, they'd practice it somewhere less public. Think about it. If they wanted to hide what they're doing they'd pick someplace less alert than Miami! The fact that it was on Youtube and the news proves that.

If something sneaky is going on, we wouldn't know about it.

Reba... I have to do some running around in a little bit but I promise I will respond later this evening or in the morning. I would like to do a little more research on trying to better answer your questions beforehand.

Reba... I have to do some running around in a little bit but I promise I will respond later this evening or in the morning. I would like to do a little more research on trying to better answer your questions beforehand.
No problem. I know we all have lives outside of AD. :)

I'm sure there were some who were uncomfortable. However, I'm sure those cops were not looking for anything other than the suspect who killed a brother officer.

I'm actually VERY surprised they took him alive. That's the politics side of it. If it had been anyone else, he would have been dead.

Why are you surprises the FBI and cops wanted to take the terrorist alive?
It's very hard to interrogate a dead person.

yea most likely they weren't the ones whose houses were searched.

I surprised, even for you, on this subject, knowing that people I have interacted with and my family interacted with have died.

That's low...

I surprised, even for you, on this subject, knowing that people I have interacted with and my family interacted with have died.

That's low...

eh?

that doesn't mean the government is free to do whatever they want and however they want. there's a line that should not be crossed. I'm glad that the bombers were found quickly after the bombing bombing but I certainly would like to make sure that what our government did to find them was legal.

you can't have it both way. you cannot break the law to find the criminals. that's not how it works in America. that would be a real low. to support it and condone it is real real low.

eh?

that doesn't mean the government is free to do whatever they want and however they want. there's a line that should not be crossed. I'm glad that the bombers were found quickly after the bombing bombing but I certainly would like to make sure that what our government did to find them was legal.

you can't have it both way. you cannot break the law to find the criminals. that's not how it works in America. that would be a real low. to support it and condone it is real real low.

People are quick to sing a rousing chorus of Kum Ba Ya for terrorists and their "rights" when all is said and done, but the reality is during an attack the U.S. has the right to do whatever is necessary to protect it's citizens. I more than support it on the homefront and abroad.

This thread is starting to feel like "Have you kicked a Veteran today?...."

People are quick to sing a rousing chorus of Kum Ba Ya for terrorists and their "rights" when all is said and done, but the reality is during an attack the U.S. has the right to do whatever is necessary to protect it's citizens. I more than support it on the homefront and abroad.

This thread is starting to feel like "Have you kicked a Veteran today?...."

US has the right to do whatever is necessary to protect the citizens? absolutely not.

that is what terrorists want. to let us destroy ourselves. to make us see how we're no different from them. our own government has already resorted to kidnapping, torturing, and killing American citizens in the time of crisis. extremely extremely extremely disturbing.

eh?

Yea, right.. Don't make it about the government.

US has the right to do whatever is necessary to protect the citizens? absolutely not.

that is what terrorists want. to let us destroy ourselves. to make us see how we're no different from them. our own government has already resorted to kidnapping, torturing, and killing American citizens in the time of crisis. extremely extremely extremely disturbing.

This is the fIrst "like" I have given in this site. :)

Yea, right.. Don't make it about the government.

like I said - you can't have it both way. nothing is worse than our own government breaking the laws. it stoops lower than a criminal mass-killing people.

if you're ok with that - then I feel sorry for our fallen soldiers because they have suffered and died in vain fighting for our rights and freedom.

like I said - you can't have it both way. nothing is worse than our own government breaking the laws. it stoops lower than a criminal mass-killing people.

if you're ok with that - then I feel sorry for our fallen soldiers because they have suffered and died in vain fighting for our rights and freedom.

You've got a problem with me, don't hide behind bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back