Explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to NY. It's a nice city.

In fact, I as there on 4th of July and there were backpacks.

same here. I don't think July 4th counts as a major event but NYE is. no backpack allowed.

Yeah... I've never had a problem carrying a backpack around NY. Me thinks Jiro's overstating his case a wee bit.

no.

not really. Amtrak is about 4-5 hrs. if you shit money, Acela is high-speed direct line.

Which bus cost $25?

I remember about bus from DC to NYC cost $50.

Yeah... I've never had a problem carrying a backpack around NY. Me thinks Jiro's overstating his case a wee bit.

huh? I didn't say you're not allowed to carry backpack in NYC.

Times Square Alliance : New Year's Eve FAQ
What security procedures are in place?
The New York Police Department will control all access points to Times Square. No bags or backpacks are permitted. Emergency Service squads, drug and bomb sniffing canine units and counter-terrorism personnel will be present in Times Square on New Year's Eve.

Where can I find information on Times Square New Year's Eve parties?
There's no more electrifying place on the planet than Times Square on New Year's Eve. Check this page for details on New Year's Eve parties you can attend at the Crossroads of the World. More >>

WARNING: Multiple Venue/Pay-One-Price/All Access Pass Alert
There are companies that offer Multiple Venue/Pay-One-Price/All Access passes which advertise access to Times Square on New Year’s Eve that is actually not possible. These companies advertise this pass as allowing the holder to visit numerous venues throughout Times Square on New Year's Eve. Such Multiple Venue/Pay-One-Price/All Access passes presume the holder will be able to get past police security lines. In years past, such pass holders were refused access beyond police check points, leaving the holder frustrated and without a place to go. It is reasonable to assume that the police will take the same stance this year.

Additionally, the Alliance has been informed that scalpers sold these passes on the street for exorbitant prices and in some instances the passes were counterfeit. The Times Square Alliance works very closely with the New York City Police Department and Times Square businesses to allow access to individual establishments. For a list of parties hosted by Times Square businesses visit our web site.

probably best not to doubt me especially in this subject. Jiro does not exaggerate. Jiro speaks of facts. :cool2:

your link just proved my point. that's why our soldiers are dying from IED blast even when inside armored vehicles.

why? shockwave.

shockwave kills, shrapnel usually does not. that's why only 3 dead and 150+ injured.

The part about shockwave is absolutely correct. Even inside armored vehicles. My husband has severe TBI from Iraq from contact with IEDs.

Nowadays they have come up with something new for that -- decompression chambers. Very similar to what is used for divers who get the "bends". If they can get soldiers fast enough to a decompression chamber, it minimizes the long-term effects of shockwave.

Unfortunately that hadn't been thought of yet when my husband was in Iraq. Now it's too late for him and other soldiers at that same time.

Bolt Bus.

tsk. you got ripped off. I've never ever spent more than $30 in my entire life for DC-NYC or Boston-NYC.

Mine - Mega Bus

It was last minute - cost more than early booking.

I got $50 back after my friend forgot to take me to NYC. :ugh:

Bolt Bus.

tsk. you got ripped off. I've never ever spent more than $30 in my entire life for DC-NYC or Boston-NYC.

I have to agree with Jiro on this. Buses from Boston are 20 to 30 dollars and include wifi. I've taken them and they are good for a budget. They can drop you off right at Union and the walk from there is palatable even for people who are not into fitness.

I recommend a visit to NY. And, the ship cruise around the island is well worth it.

Mine - Mega Bus

It was last minute - cost more than early booking.

I got $50 back after my friend forgot to take me to NYC. :ugh:

the price is same for early or last minute booking. if you're lucky - $1.

Times Square Alliance : New Year's Eve FAQ

probably best not to doubt me especially in this subject. Jiro does not exaggerate. Jiro speaks of facts. :cool2:

I don't doubt you. I know exactly what you said which is technically correct. It's not the overall "image" you're painting. Considering the content of your posts here... you ARE pretty notorious for overstating your case. It's all right. I do it too.

:lol:

Like I said... I've had no trouble lugging a backpack around NY and that includes Times Square. Some tiny fenced off area for a couple hours which is obviously hosted by a private function isn't what you were trying to portray on a grand scale.

:cool2:

Special events is one thing... carrying a backpack in NYC is another. It is no different from Austin or Boston for that matter. You can't bring a backpack in Reliant Stadium nor can you in Staples Center. NYC is not special.

I'd like to remind everyone that the 4th of July is no minor event! And, that's not because I'm from Boston. :mad:

the price is same for early or last minute booking. if you're lucky - $1.

Oh I see, I figured out about why cost more - round trip.

Did $25 that you paid include round trip?

Chinese bus?

Some people like train because of more faster but cost more than bus.

Fung Wah bus been taken off the road until all the buses can pass inspector,
they been having too many accidents.

I don't doubt you. I know exactly what you said which is technically correct. It's not the overall "image" you're painting. Considering the content of your posts here... you ARE pretty notorious for overstating your case. It's all right. I do it too.

:lol:

Like I said... I've had no trouble lugging a backpack around NY and that includes Times Square. Some tiny fenced off area for a couple hours which is obviously hosted by a private function isn't what you were trying to portray on a grand scale.

:cool2:

Special events is one thing... carrying a backpack in NYC is another. It is no different from Austin or Boston for that matter. You can't bring a backpack in Reliant Stadium nor can you in Staples Center.
what? I said major events, not special events or private events or whatsoever.

major events as in... New Year Eve. something with high value, high profile, very large number of people, etc.

NYC is not special.
huh? I've said....

it's always been like that since a while ago. every major events are always on high alert. that's why the victims were quickly tended to and transported to hospitals within minutes. hundreds (800 I believe) of National Guards including EOD (bomb squad) were already on scene. you cannot mobilize that many in a short notice. the emergency response to this terrorism was activated within few minutes.

Boston was already well-prepared for it.

I've never specifically pointed out NYC as a special case.

I'd like to remind everyone that the 4th of July is no minor event! And, that's not because I'm from Boston. :mad:

Boston does have a big July 4th celebration. They have the Boston pop and a lot of people go it and there the firework afterward. I use to live in Boston and when to school there too. I am very sad and angry about the bombing. I know you live in Ma. but I have do not have any idea where .

never said it was a minor event. only that it's not as major as NYE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back