Expierence in CAT scan for CI?

FelixKat930 said:
Tomorrow I am going in for an CAT scan for my CI appointment.. I need to know this so I can expect and not feel so nervous. Tell me all your expierences about being in CAT scan.. :ty: :)
Are you planning CI? I AM CHICK!!!

EagleCherokee63 said:
When first time, I was scare at MRI because MRI look like buried!! My eye closed and worship song to Jesus Christ. I not believe that felt a min done! It was 4 hrs. Thank Lord! No different MRI and CAT! CAT is not hurt you.

Yea, many kids are just crying when start enters MRI and they think its death row and end up with their life.

TrippLA said:
Yea, many kids are just crying when start enters MRI and they think its death row and end up with their life.
Oh really I understand how they feeling! WHOA!

TrippLA said:

that sounds a bit melodramatic to me

neecy said:
that sounds a bit melodramatic to me

It is a bit scary as a little kid (my disorder was diagnosed in part by an MRI when I was 3, and I've had many since then), but an oral sedative - and occasionally an IV sedative - makes things much easier.

TrippLA said:

I understand that in many cases they sedate them. I couldn't imagine that many children would stay still in the time needed to do an MRI.

my son is not deaf but he did have mri due to the SPD (sensory processing disorder) he wouldnt stay still so they had to put sedative up his azz then like few mins later he was sleepy then zonked out.. finally they wheel him into mri.. i was able to wait in room with him in there in case he wake up or something... so i can see why they do sedate the younger kids in order ot keep them calm and still for the procedure.

i am sure for people who have claustrophia they prolly will give the person relaxing medicine to keep calm? i dunno? anyone have experience with this before? hmm

I know that 4 years old guy was enters MRI because of brain issues, or issues with ear but not for CI. He just cried, yelled and fight with nurses then few nurses give him hold down and give vaccine to make sleep and calm down. He's went out of control and almost fell down from MRI, that how funny about him because he said to grandma that MRI is death penalty and organs are going end up then bury in cremation... that make me laugh but he's kinda crazy and immature...

TrippLA said:
..........I had accept that CI works failed after MRI and I don't want get re-implant, just leave old one until die because I don't wear anymore. I just nothing to know about oral speech or not hear so great.

It's don't required to remove unless tolerate with pain in MRI, or accept to works failed, mostly for anti-CI users. It's your decide to remove the magnet but I don't want surgery to remove it before enters MRI.
So, why didn't you mention that in the topic you started a while ago..
Everybody was guessing, trying to help. This would have been helpful information with regard to the questions you asked.

TrippLA said:
I know that 4 years old guy was enters MRI because of brain issues, or issues with ear but not for CI. He just cried, yelled and fight with nurses then few nurses give him hold down and give vaccine to make sleep and calm down. He's went out of control and almost fell down from MRI, that how funny about him because he said to grandma that MRI is death penalty and organs are going end up then bury in cremation... that make me laugh but he's kinda crazy and immature...
:laugh2: I never thought that they give vaccine and calm down. You made me laughed funny!!!

Cloggy said:
So, why didn't you mention that in the topic you started a while ago..
Everybody was guessing, trying to help. This would have been helpful information with regard to the questions you asked.

What? How come?

TrippLA said:

vaccine? u meant shot?? LOL. i had to ask! heh..

aww poor kid.. he sure have vivid imagination!

TrippLA I don't understand could you please explain again - what happened- you fell, and dislocated your CI or you fell, needed MRI and MRI dislocated your CI?

Fuzzy

TrippLA said:
What? How come?

When you created the thread recently asking about the possibility of updating your older CI to a Freedom it would have helped to know that your existing implant was already damaged.

But nevermind - it's not an issue now anyway since you've decided that a CI is not for you.

Best wishes.

Audiofuzzy said:
TrippLA I don't understand could you please explain again - what happened- you fell, and dislocated your CI or you fell, needed MRI and MRI dislocated your CI?

Fuzzy

Well... Just read post number, #11 and #16.

Yea, my CI is damaged from MRI but we accept with doctor agreement before enters MRI due head injuries, like bad headache, dizzy and brain is swelled alittle. It was horrible skateboard accident, that where I fell down and hit on block wall so hard. After MRI is done, CI in my head is pain and it tight up and moving around my head that where CI were targeted. Doctor found different kind of head injuries then he give me an medicine and no surgery needed. I'm accept to CI works failed and already donated my old CI at Hearing Center.

SmileyGin said:
vaccine? u meant shot?? LOL. i had to ask! heh..

aww poor kid.. he sure have vivid imagination!

Yea, same as shot.

TrippLA you have to forgive me please but I don't sign and I don't very well understand what you say- I did re-checked you previous replies but I am still not sure - if you could please bear with me and explain again- so you told the dr you have CI, but the dr said no problem, go ahead with MRI and do while wearing CI magnet?
he wasn't worried about dislocating the magnet?

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
TrippLA you have to forgive me please but I don't sign and I don't very well understand what you say- I did re-checked you previous replies but I am still not sure - if you could please bear with me and explain again- so you told the dr you have CI, but the dr said no problem, go ahead with MRI and do while wearing CI magnet?
he wasn't worried about dislocating the magnet?

Fuzzy

Fuzzy,

Please note post #36 where TrippLA signed a waiver (I assume that is what he meant by "doctor agreement") before getting the MRI. Any normal, sane doctor would request that (heck I would if I were a doctor...too many lawsuits). I would surmise even at that point TrippLA didn't really care one way or another about his CI and that in his mind it was already a failure. I do agree the whole thing is a little offbeat to say the least but each to their own.

FelixKat930 said:
Tomorrow I am going in for an CAT scan for my CI appointment.. I need to know this so I can expect and not feel so nervous. Tell me all your expierences about being in CAT scan.. :ty: :)

How did the scan go? Hope it went well for you and that you're over your nervousness...

Back