Exhibit A - PFH vs Sorenson.

Okay, I am not saying he is definetly Nesmuth. Just the way he sounded like him, that is all.

Go ahead defending him.

No problem. They're not defending - they're stating the facts.

By the way, This thread is an open debate about the VRS minutes discrepancy I have here - not about who I am.

vrsminutes-1.gif

If Sorenson has the best and cleanest track record, how can you explain this drop?

Weren't Canadians prohibited from using American VRS sometimes early '09?

I'll look into that. My question however is do you think there were enough foreigners using American VRS to accumulate a significant portion of the 1.1mil minutes a month?

This is sounding like a Mac vs Windows bashing thread. I use both platforms and I also feel everyone's entitled to use the VRS service of their choice.

Wirelessly posted

posts from hell said:
Weren't Canadians prohibited from using American VRS sometimes early '09?

I'll look into that. My question however is do you think there were enough foreigners using American VRS to accumulate a significant portion of the 1.1mil minutes a month?

I wouldn't know how often foreigners use the services since I mostly sulked among the hearing for a few years before mid-'09; I just remembered it was one of the issues that a few Canadians brought up when I was trying to find my place in the community.

However, there were so many things occurring during late '08, early '09, it could partially explain why there's a 12% drop.

Right, outages and such still doesn't explain why there's a 12% drop, and why it leveled out after the drop; 12% is a huge number for a service that is used regularly.

Perhaps the drop is from less Conference Calls by VRS companies who got busted ?

I believe the trend is related to many customers dropping internet service in this economy. Once people have regular income again, I expect it will return to previous growth. But who knows how long that will take!

rockdrummer said:
Perhaps it's a combination of many factors including but not limited to; usage trends, competetion, outages etc.

Yeah, thats what I think as well, but... it still doesnt make sense.
You lost me. If you think that it is a result of a combination of things as I mentioned, then what doesn't make sense? :confused:

The explation of the drop is becuase many deaf customers stop using Viable due to FBI raid and lost in trust with the company until SnapVRS took over to keep the VRS running BUT it doesn't mean SnapVRS owns Viable competly.

Also, other reason: Purple Communications owes FCC $18 Million dollars for overpayment minutes which lead some customers to stop using Purple.

Add one thing: When Sorenson had scare tatics, many people decided not to use Sorenson's services and refused to use Sorenson again.

This is the several reason why the minutes dropped. Plus, do not forget FCC changed the tired rate levels too, it does hurt the VRS companies.

Back