Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weird story:

Fired principal accused in fatal Fla. stabbings

Published - Jun 22 2012 05:08PM EST

TAMARA LUSH, Associated Press

LEALMAN, Fla. (AP) — An ex-Tampa Bay area middle school principal who lost his job over a drug arrest five years ago stabbed several people Friday, killing at least two, and then drove his car into a porch full of people several miles away, authorities said.

Anthony Giancola, 45, was in custody, but the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office didn't immediately report what charges he was facing.

Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said Giancola told his mother in the morning that he was "going to kill all the drug dealers."

Giancola then went to a halfway house for the hearing impaired in Lealman, where officials said he stabbed four people, killing a man and a woman. Of the two wounded, one person was reported to be in serious condition.

About an hour after the stabbing, Giancola pulled up in front of a house and asked residents where he could find women, officials said. The residents told him to go away, and Giancola drove away angry. He soon returned and crashed his car into their porch, injuring three women and one man, police said. The women were taken to a nearby hospital, but the man refused treatment. Giancola also hit a 13-year-old boy on a bike as he was fleeing, officials said. The boy's injuries were minor.

At some point, investigators reported that Giancola went to the Kenvins Motel in Pinellas Park, where he used a microwave to attack the married couple who own the motel. Kanu and Indiranden Patel, both 57, were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.

Giancola was first arrested in 2007. Authorities said he bought $20 of crack cocaine from an undercover police officer during the school day in his office at Van Buren Middle School in Tampa. Giancola eventually pleaded guilty to purchasing crack cocaine, possessing crack cocaine and possessing marijuana. Court records show he was sentenced to a year in jail and three years of probation.

A message left at a telephone listing for Giancola seeking comment from his family wasn't immediately returned. It wasn't clear if he had an attorney.

___

Associated Press writer David Fischer in Miami contributed to this report.
Fired principal accused in fatal Fla stabbings - Road Runner

That is a lot of incidents that he was going through like this. He told his mother that he wanted to kill drug dealers. But the way he was going through all this and it does not make any sense that there is no drug dealers. So he is gone crazy and not smart at all. He need anger management. He will have to go to jail for a long time or he will have to go to mental hospital for being crazy. This is terrible and I am sorry about the people who were killed and also people who had been hit or hurt from him. He is a sick man. :ugh:

Oh for dhh with mental disabilties?

Group home can be for the deaf and hard of hearing or mentally challenged or disabled. But it is really center on Life skills like how to take care of himself or herself in the every day life before the person leave the group home to live in an apartment. :cool2:

Group home can be for the deaf and hard of hearing or mentally challenged or disabled. But it is really center on Life skills like how to take care of himself or herself in the every day life before the person leave the group home to live in an apartment. :cool2:

Yup but in here, some deaf people live in group home permanently.

What's a halfway house for the hearing impaired?

maybe you should read links posted in this thread..mentioned group home. :P

That is a lot of incidents that he was going through like this. He told his mother that he wanted to kill drug dealers. But the way he was going through all this and it does not make any sense that there is no drug dealers. So he is gone crazy and not smart at all. He need anger management. He will have to go to jail for a long time or he will have to go to mental hospital for being crazy. This is terrible and I am sorry about the people who were killed and also people who had been hit or hurt from him. He is a sick man. :ugh:

Whoa, anger management? He was on drugs, most likely. He went on a rampage b/c of drugs. He is facin death penalty..not mental hospital. :eek3:

Thanks fo the links..posted on my facebook so my deaf friends can read'em

maybe you should read links posted in this thread..mentioned group home. :P

Whoa, anger management? He was on drugs, most likely. He went on a rampage b/c of drugs. He is facin death penalty..not mental hospital. :eek3:

Thanks fo the links..posted on my facebook so my deaf friends can read'em

He is crazy is why he might go into mental hospital thinking that there is drug dealers when there was none. :crazy:

He is crazy is why he might go into mental hospital thinking that there is drug dealers when there was none. :crazy:

He was on drugs..he is probably normal when not on drugs. I read that he was very respected man until he found crack..so sad.

Back