Embarrassing moment but ...

ChelEler

Reaction score
... I got a good laughter from this audience!

It happened when I was attending this particular church on last Saturday evening. I was the only one who's deaf attending that night. This ASL interpreter was present as well to help me understanding what the pastor has to say.

When the pastor's microphone was "acting up" making his voice go up and down. He kept asking the audience if anyone can hear him, some said no and some said yes. Finally a woman came up to him to put new battery in the remote microphone. Now everyone answered "yes" to his final question "Can you hear me now?" I signed "no" to him but of course, he didn't get what I signed; however, the interpreter voiced "no" at a perfect time. Everyone laughed and laughed. This pastor was just standing there laughing as well.

After the service was over, the pastor came over to where I sat during the sermon, and hugged me. He said that it was a real good joke. Man I was so damn embarrassed because I didn't expect the interpreter to voice that out (she doesn't do this often in the past... so that's why.) :Oops:

I recall this moment that truly made my teacher blush so much the whole day when she saw me after the incident. When I mainstreamed during the younger years of my school days, I wore the FM system. Remember the FM system that was hooked up to your hearing aids, some of you may recall it. The teacher had to wear the microphone. Get this! My teacher announced she had to use the "ladies' room" and I could hear everything when she would walk, shift her body, sneeze... you get the drift!! Heard her walking down the hall with her high heels clicking and clacking away... thought she'd use the staff bathroom which I knew was a good walk away from our classroom!! Lo and behold... she USED the 'lil girls' bathroom which was only a few doors away and I could HEAR her piddle!!! I went :ugh: and told the class out loud "Oh my god... she's peeing!!!" Sure enuff... the class had to break out in roaring laughter and make the teacher in the next classroom run to our room to shush us!! I laughed so hard... the teacher walked back.. I heard her heels clicking and clacking.. I waved my hands in the air!! She entered the room and was going to click the microphone "ON" but she went :Oops: !! That was when I broke out in roaring laughter and was sent to my resources teacher for "a good talking to"!!!

:rofl: I hateee when the interpreters voices something outloud which wasn't meant to be voiced LOL... And hahaha that's a riot about that microphone.

well, that's intrepreter's job. He or she will voice whether I speaking in sign. It's make a equal communication what they will know what I am talk about. Nothing being ashame yourself.

Yeah, you're right, but actually this interpreter is my personal friend as well. Often she asked me if should voice that or not. :lol:

Okay, here what happened two days ago...when my car was dead because of the cracked head gasket (water thingy) and water leak...then my dad made me to drive his standard pickup with five speed shift. I told him that I don't know how to drive it. He forced me to do that...then I tried to learn how to drive it on my own. Then my dad was left to work without tell me how to take the damn key out of the ignition. Then I stop by the gas station and tell them about how to take the key out. The woman told me about that. I was like oooh...:Oops: Then I was drove all the way to the town which was approximately 90 miles away from my parent's house to my apartment then when I slowed down the pickup. Suddenly, the pickup was dead on me so quickly. I have no idea what's going on. Then tried to start it then make it move...it's dead on me again like few times. The people from behind kept passed me and gave me their looks. I was like ok ok ok ok shut up. Finally I made it move and drove all the way to my apartment then it's time for me to go to classes. Then I tried to slow down and take the left turn to the street. I was embarrassed when the truck went dead on me while the couples of cars were on their way toward the pickup. they quickly stopped. I tried to make it move few times...it kept dead on me few times. I won't look up at other people and keep look down while tried to move it and finally move it. I was embarrassed. I don't like to drive the damn standard automobile....perfer with an automatic automobile.

:lol: I am sure everyone has their own embarassing moments with interpreters.

At college, I had those 8.00 am history classes, which I would always fall asleep in. The first time I was in a history class, my interpreter embarassed me when she kicked my leg! "Wake up!" Probably 1/2 of the students saw the whole thing, and laughed at me. Then it became a common thing for her to do it to me, or she would also throw paper balls at my face. She also "threatened" a few other hearing students too. I miss her... :)

Hey Levi, if you want to keep it up on learning how to drive a stick shift, it is easier than you think my first car was a stick shift. the vehicle i have now is the second one with automatic after owning 6 others which had the stick shift. Now it doesnt matter which one i prefer.

I got another really funny moment.

It happened when I was a frosh in an university. In a business-computer class (really easy class for me since I know so much about computers before I took this class, but I am required to take one for my major), I kept falling asleep because I know what the teacher's going to say through this guy interpreter. Once he saw me falling asleep, he signed something really off the topic, that really got my attention and I asked him to repeat what he said. He refused to repeat but I was assertive about it. Finally, he told me that he said "Old man fart often" and I bursted out into laughter!!! My notetaker was looking at me like SHHHHHHH!!!!!! The teacher even looked at me like, what? and almost everyone in the class was kinda giggling/laughing. you know when you see someone smiling or laughing, you tend to smile or giggle for no reason because that person's laughing. That's what happened with everyone who heard my funny laughter! :laugh2:

Back